Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

Thanks for the feedback! Knowign that nothing seems off makes me feel more at ease. I can finally focus on the details instead of worrying.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I cant decide if i want a tulpa of a person or a crow... if i make a tulpa is it easy to change their appearance later on? Any suggestions?

How easy it can be depends, but their appearance can definetly be changed later on by the tulpa, by the host, or by the host and the tulpa.

I don't want to come off as rude, but this topic has been talked about on lots of guides out there, and using the search button probably will be way more helpful than asking the question here.

>tfw this has been merged with the begginer questions thread

I'm SomethingDire, and Céleste is my partner in crime.

Yep, form can be changed. Still, I wouldn't worry much about your tulpa's appearance. You'll get to a point when it actually won't be your call, but your tulpa's.

Why? Well, hosts can choose a form, but tulpas tend to deviate (form, personality, etc...). So, it doesn't really matter what you choose, because your tulpa might not stick to it and end up looking pretty different from what you had originally expected.

The good part is: deviation happens because of your unconscious desires.

In short, I suggest you not to worry too much about your tulpa's form. He/she will end up with one you'll most probably like.

Currently working on Seren, so that she gets to shut me up frequently.

Note that this is something that has been asked time and time again, so doing a bit of searching for things like this before making your own thread is probably for the best.

Your tulpa's appearance can change, but how difficult it is to do so depends on how good your visualization skills are. You could always pick one of the two you mentioned as a base form and allow your tulpa to pick something that they want later on, or you could even work together with them to find a middle ground. Really, don't sweat it - I'm sure that a lot of different ideas will pop into your head at the beginning, but it's not like you need to push yourself to decide now.

• 2 weeks later...

After reading a number of guides, it seems to be the only thing absolutely essential for the basic "function", which ultimately is to create a separate individual personality you can interact with in some way, is conversation. Personality forcing is left as optional in most of what I've read, stating that if you don't give your tulpa a personality they will form one on their own. Visualizations are necessary to move forward from it being "just" a voice in the back of your head, but don't seem to be necessary to get there to begin with.

I feel like I'm missing something vital though. There's no way simply talking to what would be an individual in your mind is enough to form one.

After reading a number of guides, it seems to be the only thing absolutely essential for the basic "function", which ultimately is to create a separate individual personality you can interact with in some way, is conversation. Personality forcing is left as optional in most of what I've read, stating that if you don't give your tulpa a personality they will form one on their own. Visualizations are necessary to move forward from it being "just" a voice in the back of your head, but don't seem to be necessary to get there to begin with.

I feel like I'm missing something vital though. There's no way simply talking to what would be an individual in your mind is enough to form one.

No, you pretty much have it right. Narration is one of the very fundamental aspects of creating a tulpa. I believe that personality forcing can expedite the process, but as you've read, it's not necessary. Strictly speaking, narration isn't necessary, either. A tulpa could theoretically be created entirely through visualization, for example. Anything that creates a firm concept of another person in your mind is enough to create one. The key is treating this idea of a person as a separate entity, and trying to convince the brain to do the same.

Narration is just a straightforward way to treat your proto-tulpa as a separate entity, as we most often speak to other sentient beings. You believe that it will hear you, and it will.

Though of course, a combination of methods would likely be most efficient. But I think of any one method for creating a tulpa, narration is definitely the most effective.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

It's not about talking or visualizing or anything like that, it's about expectations. 'Cus you expect them to respond, or even just to be listening, you're projecting a sense of someone else in your mind, and all the different ways you can do that help make it more prominent, and then you've got the thought-process-capability-things of another person. That's why none of them are necessary on their own, some people get voices first and some get all the way to fully functioning tulpas that still can't talk. Just do whatever you can to tell your brain there's another person in your head and eventually it'll figure it out.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

[Hail] Personality forcing is not needed, though, it can be helpful if done properly. Basically, it provides a scaffolding for growth.

If you want to learn more, I suggest you read the article/guide The Theorycrafter's Approach to Personality by the Quandary System.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic