How to think of your tulpa's presence more often?

libra_ry_

Hi! Sorry for the title, I didn't know exactly how to phrase it. Also, this sounds like a lot of the posts here, but it is actually different.

Anyway, I recently started creating my tulpa, but I want to feel her presence more often. Whenever I can remember, I try to narrate to her, but sometimes I forget to actually think about her and am just talking to myself. I also can't remember to constantly think about her, because I get distracted pretty easily and sometimes have to concentrate on something a lot. I know you don't have to constantly talk to tulpas, but I know it can be beneficial and I like talking to her.

(I also do active forcing sometimes, but not as often as passive)

Thank you for answering!

September13

Try to create associations to your tulpa with different objects, scents, activities, etc. That way if you see, hear, or smell something that you associate with your tulpa, you will be reminded of her.  When narrating to her it is helpful to say her name here and there, out loud if you can. That makes it feel less like you're talking to yourself and more like you're talking to someone else. Also, if your tulpa has a form, it is useful to imagine her standing next to you or walking beside you. I also like to hold Simmie's hand on walks; by now I've done it so much I sometimes find myself instinctively reaching for her hand without even thinking about it.

In the earliest days of Simmie's creation when I was in the same situation you are in now I used to take a green marker (green being Simmie's favorite color) and make a dot on my hand, so whenever I saw it I would think of her. I don't do it anymore because I no longer need to, but it was very useful! I'm with you as far as being easily distracted goes. Your first instinct might to be to fight against the distractions and force yourself to stay focused. I think that's a mistake. Instead, roll with the distractions, bring your tulpa along on all your mind's little side tangents, and then arrive back on the thing you were trying to focus on in due time.

Hope this was helpful for you!

Also known as GypsyRoad or Phil Present. Call me what you want, I'm not picky.

Simmie is my lovely tulpa, she's quite young still but is eager to meet and chat with new people so don't hesitate to say hi!

libra_ry_
1 hour ago, September13 said:

Try to create associations to your tulpa with different objects, scents, activities, etc. That way if you see, hear, or smell something that you associate with your tulpa, you will be reminded of her.  When narrating to her it is helpful to say her name here and there, out loud if you can. That makes it feel less like you're talking to yourself and more like you're talking to someone else. Also, if your tulpa has a form, it is useful to imagine her standing next to you or walking beside you. I also like to hold Simmie's hand on walks; by now I've done it so much I sometimes find myself instinctively reaching for her hand without even thinking about it.

In the earliest days of Simmie's creation when I was in the same situation you are in now I used to take a green marker (green being Simmie's favorite color) and make a dot on my hand, so whenever I saw it I would think of her. I don't do it anymore because I no longer need to, but it was very useful! I'm with you as far as being easily distracted goes. Your first instinct might to be to fight against the distractions and force yourself to stay focused. I think that's a mistake. Instead, roll with the distractions, bring your tulpa along on all your mind's little side tangents, and then arrive back on the thing you were trying to focus on in due time.

Hope this was helpful for you!

I don't know the etiquette for this forum (or if this is even the correct way to do it), but thank you very much! The dot thing especially is super helpful, because I only remember to talk to her when my mind is blank, which is not very often.

• 2 weeks later...
Starstruck

Your distraction and your frustrations are quite normal to the creation process. Matt went through this many times during our earlier years, and sometimes still does. Sometimes we’ll be having a deep conversation and all of a sudden he’s gone for hours at a time only to come back like nothing happened. I get frustrated but we have good communication and I’ll let him know how something made me feel, and where we sometimes fall short it drives him to always do better. As long as you set the intention and are always working to be present with your tulpa as much as you can, the habits will form in time and it’ll get easier. So don’t worry too much!

-Lucy

BearBeaBeau

I agree, don't worry about it. Do what you can. Darlene always told me, it's not a race, you have the rest of your life to figure it out. They all also would tell me that if they needed attention that badly, I'd know.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• Renesmee
      By Renesmee
      Hi! Renesmee here. So, today I created Rosalie (placeholder name). I introduced myself during an active-forcing session and then sent an email to an account I set up so I could email her for forcing. I'm feeling encouraged and optimistic. More reports as events warrant!
    • neo
      By neo
      I don't really believe in metaphysics stuff but today I did experience something that I think a lot of people would describe as being "astral projection". The reason this isn't in the metaphysics category is because it's not really metaphysics to me after all, or at the very least it doesn't require any sort of meta assumptions in order to experience this phenomena. So let me describe here the process and if there's someone that has done this before please tell me if this is the same thing as what they call "astral projection". Or even if you're skeptic like me you can still experience this phenomena and it may help if you're struggling with wonderland immersion like I was.
      I started by sitting down and closing my eyes, then started to rub my hands together in front of my face and trying to keep my awareness focused on the shape of my hands and arms in front of me. Slowly keeping track of their position and "sculpting" my own arms to get a real good memory of their shape and how it feels to move them without opening my eyes.
      Then afterwards I rested my right hand by the side of my body and started to use just the memory of a minute ago to move an imaginary right arm and interact with the real left arm. So it became left arm real, right arm imaginary.
      Then I proceeded to sculpt the imaginary right arm with the real one, and then the real one using the imaginary right arm. Going vice versa back and forth.
      Then I rested my left arm also by my side and started using both imaginary arms to sculpt each other.
      After a couple minutes of that I just put both imaginary hands on the back of my head as if I was going to do a sit up and I just yanked my perspective back by pushing my real head forward with my imaginary arms and immediately started sculpting the back of my head from that new perspective as if my real head was outside of me, then the rest of my real body. I felt completely removed from my body by keeping awareness of it from an outsider perspective, the longer I sculpted my body the more removed I felt from it, and the more intense and overwhelming the sensation of being outside became, it's even a little scary. it's very different from daydreaming and even imposition. Never experienced anything similar and I am now able to recreate this experience this way whenever I want. It doesn't last a lot at first because it's quite overwhelming but that only makes it seem more consistent with other peoples "astral projection" reports that I've seen so far. If this is the same as astral projection then I'm curious as to what to do next. I'm also pretty sure this can be used to force by having your tulpa sculpt you while looking through their perspective as well.
      Anyway feel free to share any info you may have on the subject or your own experience with this stuff. I'm quite interested to see what else is there to explore even though I don't really believe in the meta stuff I'm still interested in experiencing these kind of phenomena.

• bulgazof
      By bulgazof
      DISCLAMER : I am not here to talk about the classic "Is God a Tulpa?" question, but comparisons between religious practices and forcing will be drawn.  With that, I will get on with it!

During my past few forcing sessions I have been using music and candles to both quiet my environment and enter a state of trance.  This music, being compositions by Arvo Part, has very distinct "church vibes" to it leading to a more reverent air while I am narrating.  When forcing casually during the day I am commenting on my mood or the activity I am doing to Chai, but when sitting down for my active forcing session I fear my tone shifts too dramatically.  I begin narrating in an almost poetic manner that no one would use in a conversation with another person.  I am being completely sincere in the words I say.  There is emotional weight to it all and I believe that to be a powerful thing.  But, having reflected on it for a moment, I realize this is not to dissimilar to how my morning prayers went back when I was in private school.  The act of focusing thoughts, emotions, and concerns through a mental narration.

My questions are as follows:  

Is prayer adjacent forcing a viable way to help raise a healthy tulpa?

Should you only narrate to a tulpa using your natural speaking style?

Are the emotions in prayer similar to tulpish?

And lastly, did you have a good day?  If not, please accept my virtual hug!

• BearBeaBeau
      By BearBeaBeau
      This was the original post containing the question, which has been deemed the OP of this thread. If you would like to see the original thread, please go here. -Ranger

It was not my intent to start a thread about this and I don't like that it was decided to make it my thread. My personal feelings about gateway systems and soulbonds of all kinds are contentious and controversial in this community at times because of the possible consequences, real or imagined, regarding roleplaying and supposed "proper" system architecture. I won't say more because this sort lf argument becomes divisive quickly and I really didn't want to discuss it formally anymore.

My comments herein have been edited for clarity in light of the context of a new thread.

Some things can't be proven or disproven.

I apply occam's razor but I have to be careful because "a wizard did it" is dang simple as far as explanations go, but it's completely ungrounded and baseless. It's equally important to at least entertain falsifiablility before you come to the conclusion that "it's a parallel dimension."

The subconscious mind is so vast and unknown, no metaphysical notions are even necessary. If a whole other and much more complex construction can run in your subconscious mind, who needs anything else. Look up the computation power of the human brain and you'll find there's plenty of headroom for virtually anything. As long as you're comfortable with that, and explore it, the power of this is effectively boundless as it's possible that it vastly overshadows consious thought.

Remember the complexities of your most vivid and varied dream, that's a lower bound.
    • BearBeaBeau
      By BearBeaBeau
      This is not about Bear System, so this is not a lounge topic. This discusses a rarely used device in plural systems to manage large numbers of headmates.

We've previously discussed SheShe as our lock-merge and how she's not like typical merges. It's been over a year since her formation and we have had time to experience that and understand it better.

Previously we assumed SheShe was like a hub and her constituents were aspects of her that she could express, split off, or represent at her will. It's subtlety but profoundly different from that.

Joy is a part of SheShe now, and has been for over a year of course, but what has become very clear recently is that anything Joy says or does is also taken as if Joy is the lock-merge and SheShe is one of *her* independent constituents. In other words, they're all interchangeable. SheShe is just a part, not the hub of a five constituent merge. Furthermore, whoever is being expressed is also co-conscious with everyone else. So they're experiencing life as a collective of individuals that dispite being uniquely different from one another, maintain their uniqueness even if one in particular is expressed for long periods; No bleeding, bleaching, or blending is happening at all as far as we can tell.

In contrast to Risha, who we've been spending time with; where neither Misha nor Ren identify with what Risha says and does, is treated like she's just someone they know and observe what she does as a separate individual.

SheShe, Ren, Joy, Darlene and Gwen combine to indentify as one person and experience it as themselves playing the part of whoever's expressed.

I found this a remarkable and significant. It means, systemmates can be combined using Lock-Merge without a hub. They can be assembled and can co-exist and co-experience as themselves even if only one is ever expressed.

For example:
      My original model was:
      A+B=C; where C can express A or B or C.

Now I see that:
      A+B=A and A+B=B are both valid expressions.

Using this device (Lock-Merge) any number of headmates can coexist and live full and active lives vicariously? *no actually*, through one constituent. 

Having a small system is preferred over a large system in my experience with both, and this is a brilliant way to achieve that without leaving others to stay dormant or have to parce valuable time together.