is it normal for a tupla process to be this fast?

gun devil

hi im new here and i've been creating my tulpa for 2 days now. i can already hear their voice in my head, sense or feel their presence and even go into their wonderland. the only problems i have is distinguishing my thoughts vs my tulpa. i was just wondering if it is normal for my tulpa progress to happen this fast. i was thinking that it was a cause of my hyperfixation [im autistic] on the fictional character im basing my tulpa on. if anyone has answers or tips to help me let me know thanks!

Welcome Gun Devil! 😊

It's actually not all that uncommon for some new tulpamancers to have really rapid success; I've even heard tales of tulpas vocal on the first day! It doesn't necessarily mean that a tulpa that is quick to develop is less "valid" or "real" than any other tulpa.

1 hour ago, gun devil said:

the only problems i have is distinguishing my thoughts vs my tulpa

That's natural and normal for a tulpamancer who is just starting out. Training your brain to differentiate between thoughts as belonging to host or tulpa (or neither) is something that takes time, but you'll get there!

1 hour ago, gun devil said:

i was thinking that it was a cause of my hyperfixation [im autistic] on the fictional character im basing my tulpa on

This is actually a good explanation for your rapid progress. If your tulpa is based on a character, they already have a personality set out for them (which they may deviate from later, mind you). And hyperfixation on a character can cause tulpa formation, even unintentionally! But honestly, hyperfixation is actually a powerful tool in tulpa creation because it means that you are spending massive amounts of time and mental resources forming your tulpa. Just remember that it doesn't last forever, and if you want a lasting tulpa you have to build them up to be strong enough to remain after the period of initial obsession ends!

I hope this helps, and I'm happy to try and answer any other questions you might have, and I'm sure other people on the forum would be too! 😊

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

1 hour ago, TurboSimmie said:

Welcome Gun Devil! 😊

It's actually not all that uncommon for some new tulpamancers to have really rapid success; I've even heard tales of tulpas vocal on the first day! It doesn't necessarily mean that a tulpa that is quick to develop is less "valid" or "real" than any other tulpa.

That's natural and normal for a tulpamancer who is just starting out. Training your brain to differentiate between thoughts as belonging to host or tulpa (or neither) is something that takes time, but you'll get there!

This is actually a good explanation for your rapid progress. If your tulpa is based on a character, they already have a personality set out for them (which they may deviate from later, mind you). And hyperfixation on a character can cause tulpa formation, even unintentionally! But honestly, hyperfixation is actually a powerful tool in tulpa creation because it means that you are spending massive amounts of time and mental resources forming your tulpa. Just remember that it doesn't last forever, and if you want a lasting tulpa you have to build them up to be strong enough to remain after the period of initial obsession ends!

I hope this helps, and I'm happy to try and answer any other questions you might have, and I'm sure other people on the forum would be too! 😊

my hyperfixations are usually long lasting and the fictive is a comfort character for me so i don't have any worries about getting bored of them.

i usually ask my tulpa if it's them or not. are there any other methods to figuring out if its your tulpa talking other than asking?

thanks for the reply i appreciate it!

You're welcome! 😊

There really is no easy or short-cut way to figure out what is or isn't your tulpa other than just keeping at it. As your tulpa gets more developed and fleshed-out, you'll have a much easier time distinguishing what is them and what is just background junk in your mind. But getting there is a matter of knowing your tulpa very well. In the meantime, simply asking "was that you?" when you aren't sure if a thought was them is a very good thing to do. They might not always be sure, especially when they are young, but when a tulpa is young they are also very malleable. So if there is something negative that you don't want to associate with your tulpa, don't say "Was this you?", just say "That wasn't you". Note that this only really works on very young tulpas, and more established tulpas might have an annoyed word or two with you about what you say is and isn't them! But if you're still in the stage where you aren't sure what is and isn't your tulpa, that means that they are still young enough to be malleable and hopefully won't be upset by that kind of course-correction.

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

On 3/31/2023 at 5:36 AM, TurboSimmie said:

And hyperfixation on a character can cause tulpa formation, even unintentionally! But honestly, hyperfixation is actually a powerful tool in tulpa creation because it means that you are spending massive amounts of time and mental resources forming your tulpa.

Can confirm. 👀

Doc (she/her) = Host

Franklyn (he/him) = Tulpa