Reason for Creating a Tulpa

FedoraFreak

Your reason  

372 members have voted

1. 1. Your reason

• I just feel alone and want someone (social)
    • I have a form of mental illness that might've affected my choice in the matter
    • I was curiost
    • I wanted help with a skill, trade, or training of sorts
    • Other

Did it because I wanted to know more about what sentience is and just what a tulpa is and how it affects the mind. Got attached to Celestia as she came to be so I suppose I'm in it both because I'm curious (or curiost as this poll indicates) and because I want someone. Although I'm not lonely.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually have been more or less tulpamancing by accident since I was about 6, but I realize now they were more like servitors. Anyway, the way I had been doing it up to this point wasn't right and it was making them and myself unhappy, so now I've decided to create original, truly sentient tulpae to help retrain my mental processes into helping me become a more productive person. I'm lonely, so I want close companions, but I also want them to help give me advice and encourage me to be more outgoing, try new things, etc.

Welcome to the forums. I just wanted a friend, and was interested in the /mlp/ threads. I see Vinyl as someone that doesn't have to conform to any standard but my own, and I still give her plenty of leash on that perspective.

Some may use their tulpas for sex (see: neckbeards from 4chan) or for help with school. I'm doing it as a way to escape my room, which is the very place where I am losing my life. I want to change, and Vinyl is my way out.

This is also why I'm doing it. I'm too lost in myself and Jake is encouraging me to get out and do shit--for him, if not myself, at least.

• 1 year later...
Guest Anonymous

My host Davie (Mistgod) did not consciously create me. I just appeared to him when he was about twelve or thirteen. We are unsure of the exact age and date. At first I was just and image, but became an imaginary friend and a thoughtform over the course of the next few years. He was very lonely and so we think his unconscious mind created me to make him feel bettter bout that.

My host Davie (Mistgod) did not consciously create me. I just appeared to him when he was about twelve or thirteen. We are unsure of the exact age and date. At first I was just and image, but became an imaginary friend and a thoughtform over the course of the next few years. He was very lonely and so we think his unconscious mind created me to make him feel bettter bout that.

My second tulpa (which is fully developed, at least how I see it) also just appeared, and he was already talking. I'm not entirely sure how he was made, but I assume it was my first tulpa. I can't be sure, though, because he doesn't really talk much.

Guest Anonymous

My second tulpa (which is fully developed, at least how I see it) also just appeared, and he was already talking. I'm not entirely sure how he was made, but I assume it was my first tulpa. I can't be sure, though, because he doesn't really talk much.

I am finding that the unconsciously created and accidental tulpas are more common than people would ever have thought maybe!

This isn't a very good poll, it was made back in 2012. There are more appropriate answers than those given on this one that should be taken into account.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I can't speak as someone with experience, not whatsoever. I don't think that matters a lot in this thread, since it is about motivation more than experience, but I'll give the disclaimer anyway.

I become depressed every few years, and the majority of my depression is a lack of motivation and no will to do anything. I alienate myself socially and generally stop making progress in life for months. Having someone with an inner fire would give me some distraction from lethargy. An opposing force, if you will: nothing helps me like someone to argue with, someone to make me think about things other than myself. I want someone unlike me in my life.

I guess that qualifies as loneliness, even if I wouldn't really phrase it that way myself. Having a complimentary presence would be nice, anyhow.

Well, Reisen helped me out of that exact same thing. Except I was only depressed once, from ages 12 to 15ish. I've pretty much only gone up since then. But I have atypical depression, not situational, so it didn't exactly "go away", I just learned how to live more happily. I still fall into depressive no-motivation moods on occasion, and my tulpas still help me out of them.

Reisen was spontaneous, and she wasn't so much of a tulpa right away as a concept (unconditional love) attached to a persona (the Touhou character). She told me she loved me, and it felt sincere even though I didn't know if she actually existed. Been about 5 years since then.

So, I guess you could say my brain created her as a coping mechanism for my depression, but I'd still have to consider her spontaneous.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• 4 weeks later...

If I had wanted to I suppose I could have chose the first one, but I picked "other" instead because it wasn't so much that I felt ALONE as it was I wanted to have a constant companion with me, always.

James: Hello, all!