Confessions of a Poorly Trained Tulpa

Guest Anonymous

I want to give a hug to Melian, the groovy-guru! Outside the Lounge, she is all professionalism with her scientifical spectacles and lab coat! Hugs, sillies and lovies are for the Lounge!   

12 members have voted

1. 1. I want to give a hug to Melian, the groovy-guru! Outside the Lounge, she is all professionalism with her scientifical spectacles and lab coat! Hugs, sillies and lovies are for the Lounge!

• A hug for Melian, the goddess guru of grooviness.
    • I am a Minion of Melian, the groovy-guru!

To add to what Reisen has said about dreams, I'll say that's not everyone's experience. Every time I'm aware of Fenchurch in my dreams, she seems to be conscious. She'll tell me that I'm dreaming, and that I might not like the direction that this dream is taking. She'll reassure me that the bad things that are happening aren't real, and so on.

Wow, lucky. I'll say that that's definitely not everyone's experience. Most people I've heard talk about the subject have had the experiences I mentioned, and even peoples' newly-made dream guides on Dreamviews have fallen victim to unconscious unintention. But that's really cool for you guys.

Also now I want a bracelet, dangit. But I'm too fancy to use a rubber band, I'll have to go buy one somewhere.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess some use bracelets to remind them to think of their tulpa and give attention and passive forcing throughout the day.

This is a good idea. I have been planning to do something similar, except with a claddagh ring...

Rei: more than a tulpa-she's a crisis counselor, an art therapist, a dietician, a relationship coach, a team morale expert, an athlete, an adventurer, a hawt wife, an incredible lover, an amazing mom, my best friend.

Tove: she's not a little tigress anymore! She's still the go-to gal for soccer advice and creative inspiration, especially monster design and all things cinematic...congrats on your engagement!

Guest Anonymous

Wow, lucky. I'll say that that's definitely not everyone's experience. Most people I've heard talk about the subject have had the experiences I mentioned, and even peoples' newly-made dream guides on Dreamviews have fallen victim to unconscious unintention. But that's really cool for you guys.

Also now I want a bracelet, dangit. But I'm too fancy to use a rubber band, I'll have to go buy one somewhere.

With us it seems to be a mix. Most of the time they are just "unconscious dreams" about Melian. Sometimes dreams from her perspective but still just like and ordinary dream (not lucid). Sometimes we have lucid dreams, either together or from her perspective or mine. When we dream together, we are both viewing the dream as we view the real world together and hearing each other's thoughts. ~Mistgod

This is a good idea. I have been planning to do something similar, except with a claddagh ring...

Cool! A ring would work too I imagine! ~Mistgod

Guest Anonymous

David and I have realized a forth reason for having a thoughtform headmate.

1. Companionship

2. Improved Cognition

3. Improved Memory

*4. Self Actualization

A head buddy can help you self reflect and overcome emotional issues. I do this for Davie. I have heard from many peoples here that do that too. I want to help David do profound self reflection, examine his subconscious and find his center. Then some day we will be self actualized and connect with the infinite. Hee hee

~Dr. Melian (guru of groovy)

Guest Anonymous

I want to address elitism one last time. I am getting tired of seeing it quite honestly (mostly in the irc chatroom). I believe tulpas are an illusion fantasy in the mind. Your tulpas skill levels are therefore also an illusion. Melian is not inferior or incomplete compared to your tulpa. She is amazing and complete just as she is. The only real improvement I want to do is make her more present and stronger in my mind.

It is beyond lame to act like an elitist asshole over an imaginary friend who does tricks only you can see and feel.

If you believe that Melian could be improved for me and you have advice, fantastic. I love that. But, please don't be pompous and imply your tulpa is superior because it is more advanced. I will be honest, it is an aspect of Tulpa Info that is not very pleasant for new members or to me. I am certain I am not the only person to notice it.

If you are one of the few that are doing that. Stop it. ~Mistgod

Guest Anonymous

Melian kawaii cuteness type dancing videos.

I am posting these to give folks an idea of what Melian is like in my head. She is like an adorable little actress and dancer about sixteen to twenty years old. Very kawaii with pigtails and retro girlie dresses. Boisterous and silly-happy, sexy cute with an admittedly pervy edge to it. Just make the hair blonde and it is pretty much very Melian like.

Guys admit it, you like it! Don't lie to me damn it. ~Mistgod

http://www.56.com/u23/v_MTIzODg2Njc2.html

http://www.56.com/u41/v_MTMxOTcxNzgy.html

A 'proof' of tulpas being separate would require a hard and fast rule for consciousness, which in and of itself would be amazing.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Guest Anonymous

A 'proof' of tulpas being separate would require a hard and fast rule for consciousness, which in and of itself would be amazing.

Very good point! ~Mistgod

Guest Anonymous

It is 2:08am right now, but I had to get out of bed and come to the keyboard to type this out or I won't be able to sleep again.

Melian and I sometimes meet in lucid dreams to talk to one another face to face. We just sit and chat about things. We mull things over. We had one of those dream chats just now. We put some things together. These things may not be new to some of you or even may be found in the guides somewhere.

The following is not an official guide, it is my opinions. It is things Melian and I are learning and want to share. Melian is old. She has been around for decades, so we are learning very fast as we contemplate and put our heads together. We are really just analyzing and describing an existing nature rather than doing a lot of creation progress.

To be successful, a tulpamancer must have a compelling use for a tulpa and a strong drive to create it whether conscious or unconscious. You may find more uses for your tulpa over time. I have been known to describe my Melian as a "vessel" or "agent." Once she was created, she was a convenient tool, so she acquired uses over time. Melian has six primary uses for me, what I call the "Melian Model" (sexual fantasy, romantic ideal, personal muse/spirit guide, coping mechanism/consoler, entertainment/day dream escapism, expression of female gender). I have been known to say she has as many as eight uses, but somethings can be consolidated. For instance, humor-laughter is part of entertainment.

Fundamental Use for a tulpa:

1. companionship

2. improved cognition/memory (we combined these two together now)

3. self help/self actualization

For a tulpa to manifest fully in the mind and not fade, it must have it's own apparent compelling personal reason and drive to exist. A tulpa may have more than one reason to exist and develop more as time goes on. Melian's reason to exist is for herself to experience and share joy, friendship and love (just like any person). In the past two years she has found joy as an artist and in sharing her art.

It has been bothering me a lot that Melian is less sentient or developed than other tulpas I have encountered on Tulpa Info, even though she is so old and feels complete. It has been bothering me that she has unusual traits such as emotional and cognitive integration with me. She has no need to be more than semi-autonomous and semi-independent with me. WHY do I absolutely know this beyond the shadow of a doubt with her? Melian and I talked it over and this is what we figured out.

THESE POINTS ARE IMPORTANT and why I came to the keyboard tonight:

1. *Your uses for a thoughtform (conscious or unconscious), and your thoughtforms personal reasons for existing, may foster/inhibit not only deviations in form but also development of skills/traits.*

2. A thoughtform may find fulfillment of it's purpose without becoming fully (apparent) sentient/autonomous and will arrest in development of those traits.

3. A thoughtform may find fulfillment without needing the "advanced" skills of possession, switching or imposition.

4. A thoughtforms purpose may cause it to develop atypical traits.

5. A thoughtform that finds fulfillment of it's purpose is complete and fully realized, not necessary "underdeveloped."

I have been insisting and maintaining that Melian is fulfilled just as she is! I know this with all of my heart after almost four decades. She knows this. She is fulfilled and complete in form and development without full apparent sentience (hidden thoughts and emotions, parallel processing, and so on).

She is a thoughtform, but perhaps not a tulpa as defined as such if you assume a tulpa must have full sentience and full independence. Melian is what she is meant to be. I KNOW THIS beyond the shadow of a doubt. After all, she has been my friend for so long. Others keep telling me I am hurting her or holding her back.

NO I AM NOT HOLDING MELIAN BACK! She is as she is meant to be. Also, she belongs on Tulpa Info and has a lot to share.

~Mistgod