Let's Discuss Video Games

Brassow

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recorded myself playing another Osu song, I think we are way better than before. But this took me a ton of tries to beat our highscore on because I do not play as accurately as the others. But I have more fun, that's for sure. I missed some notes but in order to not do that I would've had to have even less fun. Trying and failing over and over isn't fun.

[video=youtube]

I had to record this myself because OsuRecord isn't working right now, so it's only 30 FPS. Uhm, should I mention this song is very.. Flashy, wubby, loud? It is, it's great.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Been playing through a mobile game called Asdivine Cross recently. I haven't played a jRPG for ages, so it came with a pleasant wave of nostalgia, and I was quickly charmed by it. The game's writing is a pretty light-hearted and humorous, though cliche affair. Character tropes abound here, with Lucille being an oddball in the group, almost feeling like someone's OC who got inserted in to a charmingly standard SNES RPG. I really like its battle system, which I think come in to its own in hard mode.

It's a pleasant and comfy ride so far, and it sparked my interest in Kemco/EXE-Create's other mobile offerings. It's rare to see a mobile RPG that's not an MMO-style infini-game.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

Oh man, she actually beat my score on that song. That's really impressive, I always struggled with all the gray notes at the end, and she's usually less accurate than me.

It's a pleasant and comfy ride so far, and it sparked my interest in Kemco/EXE-Create's other mobile offerings. It's rare to see a mobile RPG that's not an MMO-style infini-game.

I agree. But unfortunately I avoid mobile games like the plague. I avoid my own phone like the plague. I really, really hate phones. Doesn't help that my "Android LG 2" barely even functions as a phone despite trying to get it fixed, poor audio quality both ways. Also, it's a phone, so it already does a hundred things I don't want it to. Anyways, congrats on finding one of the illusive non-cancer mobile games for people without disposable incomes.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

They're actually quite common, surprisingly. A good deal of the mobile games (on a ~$50 phone no less) are by smaller developers not quite as prone to the slimy practices that usually characterize mobilr games. No pay walls, reasonable and unnecessary in-app purchases, no gameplay loops reliant on gambling addictions, etc. Of course, there are always good old pay games, which tend to be less than $6 at most, so I have no issue with that either. It's usually the free games with rediculous production values that tend to be the scummiest, while more rough looking ones are more honest, and funilly enough, more fun.

Take for example: Phantom of the Kill and Gacha World. PotK is gorgeous, with nice music, character designs, voice acting...but Gacha World is a much better game. It requires more strategy beside "grind til your stats are ultimate", the loops are quick and snappy, the 5-star units are overpowered, are not hidden away in a gambling hole and you can get them all without paying a cent. Most of all, you can play the game offline, which is huge for me.

Sock Cottonwell's

Peace

Oh! I played PoTK. It's a Fire Emblem clone with original story and setting. Good game...if only my goddamn phone could run it for once.

But still, most mobile game I played I just play them casually, using auto skill on every battle while I play on PC/console. Brave Frontier and Seven knights are my main victim of this practice :3

Oh! I played PoTK. It's a Fire Emblem clone with original story and setting. Good game...if only my goddamn phone could run it for once.

But still, most mobile game I played I just play them casually, using auto skill on every battle while I play on PC/console. Brave Frontier and Seven knights are my main victim of this practice :3

Just posting to comment on your avatar: RIP Super Cool Jegan Pilot.

But that aside, I've never been too much a fan of having a game run while I play another. More accurately, I just don't do it much. It may be because the games I play require a good deal of focus, or I just like focusing on the games I play. I don't like the idea of playing, say, Dustforce while I occasionally glance at my phone to see how grinding is going.

Sock Cottonwell's

Peace

Aye, may his soul finds peace among other nameless, faceless, generic anime soldiers.

About playing a game while letting one running in the background, I guess it's more of a mix between interesting rewards and uninteresting grind itself. In the end, it's just personal preference, I guess; the time you're willing to dedicate to a game. Asian online games are usually the ones with crazy mindless grinding.

Speaking of mindless grind, I played this MMORPG, Tree of Savior. Didn't pay attention to the exp card usage stuff, like, when to use it, what level is good for grinding, and stuff. In short, I ran out of exp card at 164. Dungeon is shit, no quest to take and the only grind spot are overrun by kill stealers. Took me a week and a half just to reach 171. Never played since, lol.

(sorry, just wanted to let that out)

More Osu because it's addicting. It's a pretty long song, but I think it's a good one, so watch it when you've got time if you'd like. I mean, you're browsing off-topic lounge threads on tulpa.info. But if you must, after a minute for the intro you can skip to 5:20 for the faster parts. Or just don't watch it I guess. Even though the process of making this video exist took like 2 1/2 hours.

[video=youtube]

I don't think we'll be uploading any more of these for a while. The last one I uploaded to my channel (yes, it's named Reisen) was a month or so ago, and 9 months before that. But I guess Lucilyn will upload anything if she thinks it'll be fun to watch.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

No SS, 0/10 you suck /s

That was fun to watch. Didn't feel very long, but apparently it was 9 minutes. *shrug*

Whenever I watch an osu! video I switch between following the pointer with my eyes and not moving my eyes at all and letting it 'dance' around my focus. Can't decide which I like better.

And you're welcome? I guess.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc