Tulpa systems VS. Median systems?

Hi guys, I'm back!

I came back with a kind of bad question, I have a friend who has a median system, and he says that Tulpa systems and Median systems are near identical, I was wondering if there were any differences? Thank you!

Just a kid with a dream! Nothing too exciting here.

Skimp likes to speak in teal lowercase with no punctuation and might lie

Median systems usually don't practice visualization or imposition. But then neither do all hosts. Tulpas can look similar to a median system, but they can also look very different.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Guest Anonymous

If I understand it right, a median system is considered to be a person with, one body, one brain, one mind in that brain, but with more than one aspect or expression of personality. In other words, not truly a plural system. A tulpa is usually considered a fully separate entity or independent personality of its own (more than one mind in the same brain).

From Tulpa.io: "A system with members who are not inherently independent from each other, and are often dependent on a single individual and unable to exist without that central person. Often consists of members who all identify as “aspects” or “facets” of one central identity: e.g. “We are all different, but we are all Mary in the end.” Some believe, mistakenly, that it is the only term that applies to systems where system members are co-conscious, to systems not originating from trauma, or to systems not diagnosed with DID. It is considered insulting to call a multiple system median, and should not be used without consent."

I consider me and my thoughtform, Melian, a median system because I am the primary or central identity and she is a fictive or imaginary fantasy identity or fantasy personality. That is a departure from most tulpamancer systems.

[Hail] Median is a description of topology, just as singlet, and one usage of multiple. Singlet is one body one person. Multiple is one body and one or more very separate people with different identities. Median is one body with one or more people that have a shared, common, or partially one of the previous identity among a few other options. Of course, some systems will have an overall multiple topology with some members having a median topology with each other.

Medians do tend to have more memory sharing and better co-consciousness on average, but that is only the average. Likewise, tulpamancy systems do as well, so that is one similarity that they have. In many ways, young tulpas have a more median like topology with their hosts than most older tulpas do. Of course, older tulpas can be in median or multiple topologies with each other or their host.

My own system has a few examples. There are three median subsystems, two composed of tulpas and shard-seeded tulpas (entities that ride the line between tulpas and splits), and one subsystem of splits. The topology between the different subsystems and the couple additional members is multiple.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

Guest Anonymous

@Hail (FallFamily)

My gods. Thanks! I love this stuff. We really should have a Tulpacon and all meet face to face! LOL Someone once suggested badges so that we can know who is fronting at any particular moment. Then others wondered what people would do at a Tulpacon if we have no products to sell or games or anything. It would be a lot of people talking to each other I guess and shaking hands or having fist fights. I don't want to imagine Melian fronting and flirting with everyone with a 51 year old man's body.

Anyway...

I think in my case, the "median system" is simulated. Melian is not real. She is fictive and also imaginary. So you can also have apparent median systems! LOL I am glad for myself that it is just Melian and I. Uhh wait, except for Yoda. He is still pretty much a day dream persona and hasn't advanced much. I don't have the passion for Yoda I had for Melian. He's cool, but I don't obsess about him every moment of the day. Melian and I keep forgetting about him most of the time.

@Hail (FallFamily)

My gods. Thanks! I love this stuff. We really should have a Tulpacon and all meet face to face! LOL Someone once suggested badges so that we can know who is fronting at any particular moment. Then others wondered what people would do at a Tulpacon if we have no products to sell or games or anything. It would be a lot of people talking to each other I guess and shaking hands or having fist fights. I don't want to imagine Melian fronting and flirting with everyone with a 51 year old man's body.

[Hail] Would be hard to do on any scale. That said, meetups can happen, and have happened in fact. Can even do that at a con.

My system once did a meetup with three other plural systems, who we meet here in the tulpamancy community. That was a lot of fun.

Badges could get really difficult for those with large systems and those who change fronters often. If one knows what to look for, one can often notice that the fronter has changed and ask who is on. Most singlets don't notice these things unless they are familiar with it. Plurals often can notice it, sometimes in systems who haven't declared themselves (or even realize it themselves).

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Teryakywind
      Teryakywind's Tulpas for Dummies (verified 3/30/21)

This guide is intended to be a general overview of how to make a tulpa and providing tips to help a fledgeling creator in recognizing responses, a brief overview of the psychological model of tulpas, and a short history of tulpas in the Western world.

A full glossary probably/maybe/might be added at a later date. Any inquiries about visualization practice, wonderlands, and other forcing-related topics should be covered by any of the multitudes of guides already posted.

Constructive criticism can be posted here or by contacting me on the IRC.

Hopefully this doesn't get removed because I'm not sure how submitting this stuff works after GAT was implemented.

tulpasfordummies.pdf pdf back-up
      tulpasfordummies.docx Word document back-up
    • By Kopase
      I've made a series of video guides over the past several months designed to both improve on other guides by eliminating many less-substantiated forcing techniques and incorporating my research, and to deliver the information in a more comfortable (video) format. For those who cannot view the videos or would prefer to read their transcripts, I have collected their transcripts into a folder of PDFs linked here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1utyb9ZPluPFxPBlR1uYsZGoqTwJ3kDyS?usp=sharing

Mirror: https://www.dailymotion.com/Tulpa-Guides

Transcript Back-ups:

Don't watch the In Detail series without watching the super-compact guide! They are meant to be viewed together!

The Super Compact 5 Minute Video Guide to Making a Tulpa

This video alone should give you all the information you need to make a tulpa. It's very compact and goes over the basics without much detail. For an expanded view, continue reading/watching for the In Detail series of videos.

KISS - Keep it Simple, Stupid

Over-complicating the forcing process is the easiest way to gimp your progress. This video goes over how to keep your eyes on the prize and avoid ideas that would only waste your time.

Making a Personality

Too many guides and people will demonize personality forcing for what are, in my opinion, very weak reasons. Data I've collected in the past suggests that giving your tulpa a starting personality helps them to develop faster, and you also get to have an idea of who you'll have with you for the rest of your life before you start to make them. What many people fail to pick up on is that personality forcing is more about you learning the personality than the tulpa, and that once you have a strong grasp of what you're trying to make, the pieces should fall into place.

Visualization and Making a Form

Giving your tulpa a starting form not only makes visualization a more natural process, but also (like personality forcing) can decrease the average time to create a tulpa, according to my data. The easiest way to do this (and, often, personality forcing as well) is to just copy a character you know and like from some kind of media. You should probably stick to something human or personified, though, so that you don't fail to make the mental connection that your tulpa is a person.

Thinking For Your Tulpa (Parroting etc)

No, parroting is not bad. In fact, it's among the most useful methods available for many people trying to create tulpas. But, it shouldn't be relied on as a crutch, and this video goes over both how to use parroting in moderation, and how to employ two other tactics that are means to the same end.

Getting Your First Responses

The moment you get your first real response from your tulpa is a highly anticipated one, and for good reason! But, avoiding false positives while also staying open for their first true attempts to reach you is no easy task. This video goes over what those initial responses should feel like, and what many people get caught up on.
    • By madrezaan
      For those who understands Russian, there's a guide describing so called "gymnasium student" method of tulpa creation.

Working link: here

The main idea is to treat tulpa as your own student in gymnasium. Then to organize all stuff, she got to learn/practice, in 3 levels: grade, disciplines for each grade and topics for each discipline. The whole tulpa's training process is considering as a "game of school", with tests, exams and score system. It is necessary for the tulpa to pass a test in every topic, and to pass exam in every discipline to make a progress. Introduced score system takes a role of feedback, which allows you to put extra flexibility to estimated hours per each topic and discipline.

Also, an attempt to completely rid off "slaveholder" terminology of "forcing", "host" etc. Instead of that, all process is describing in positive terms of "learning", "teacher" and so on.

Full English translation is possibly to come in future.
    • By mmbarrios2004
      Sorry if there is already an answer for this.

My tulpa is quite playful and active. But we don't have many ideas on what to do. We tried to play hide and seek and riddles, but it was very easy for both of us since ... well ... we share the same brain. We want to know what we can entertain ourselves with.
    • By Sungazer
      (I'm new to this forum so I apologize for anything I'm doing wrong)

When I was around 7 I created myself an imaginary friend out of spite for my mother (NOTE: my mother is a good person and I know spite is a horrible reason to create a tulpa, but I was a kid and barely knew anything). But instead of making a regular imaginary friend, I took my inner voice of common sense and decided to make that my imaginary friend. I gave her a small personality, called her Sarah, and imagined that she lived inside a Pekingese figurine by my bedstand. For the next week or so I would carry that figurine around, and instead of listening to my mother I would ask the statue, "What should I do, Sarah?" I'll then imagine Sarah telling me what the most common-sense-ish (for lack of a better word) thing to do was. After a while I stopped carrying the statue, but Sarah would continue to talk to me.

Once I reached puberty, I still had Sarah, and like many other imaginary friends who exist for that long, she began to develop some kind of sentience. Instead of only saying what I wanted to hear, she would openly challenge what I was doing if it wasn't the wisest decision. She would instigate conversation independently, comment on others, etc. She even changed her name to Anielka. When I finally learned what tulpas were years later, I realized she fit the definition for a tulpa and/or shard. (I learned that a shard is a sentient consciousness made from your own personality, like how Anielka was made out of my common sense, but I may be wrong).

Onto the question: Despite the fact that she still has a bit of difficulty speaking in certain areas, when it comes to helping me make a good decision she is incredibly vocal. But sometimes, if I myself think of something common-sense-ish or wise, it'll start off with my mindvoice and my words, but by the end it's entirely Anielka's. Similarly, sometimes when she thinks of something off-topic, it'll start off in her voice and end in mine. I won't be able to tell if I said it, or Anielka (she doesn't know either). I heard of the term "blending" in a couple plurality communities and I think that is the best description of what's happening. But unlike when others describe blending, it's often triggered by an event, but mine happen randomly and quite frequently. It's not frightening in any way, just a little unnerving that most of my own thoughts on the matter somehow turn into hers.

Is this something I should worry about? Or is it just the nature of a shard, which was formed out of me instead of by me, to do this? Am I mistaking my own thoughts for a tulpa?

A bit of information if it helps answer the question:
      - I've been diagnosed with Body Dysmorphic Disorder and have a pending diagnosis on ADHD. BDD has intrusive, terrifying thoughts that cause me to worry about how I look obsessively (even if I look normal), and ADHD makes it hard for me to focus for long periods of time. Anielka has been amazing at helping with both. Reminding me nobody judges me for what I look like, helping me to stay on task and celebrating with me when I get something done.
      - Anielka is my only tulpa, though I tried making more.
      - I don't have problems with identity or forget who I am. 
      - I have a strong imagination and there have been times in the past I confused fantasy for reality. It rarely happens anymore, though.
      - I currently have good relations with my mother.
      - I never visualize Anielka. Even after I stopped carrying the dog figurine around, I still believed that was where her "soul" is, and to this day it feels unnatural and mildly distressing for her to imagine her outside of that statue.

Thanks!