Kayla & Valentine

I'm trying to develop one tulpa, but another just formed...

So, I started working on Val very recently. She's progressing fast, very responsive, I can visualize her in real life fairly well, we have a small wonderland, it's going great.

And then a guy just. Randomly started talking? And I started visualizing him? Not necessarily a hallucination- I can't actually see him, but when I visualize Val, they're usually together. He seems pretty well formed, Idk what to think.

I tried to politely explain I couldn't work on two tulpas at once, since Val's my first tulpa, and asked him to leave, but he said no?

I'm not sure whether to push it? Or should I let him hang around? Do I keep developing Val and ignore him? What the hell is he doing here?

so many questions...

You're my reason to keep on going, Valentine. Thank you.

Anything that you don't expect + don't want can be considered an intrusive thought. That includes characters that seem like tulpas. It could feel rude to not make a single intrusive thought-character a tulpa, but there's no difference in that one and imagining seven more characters from a show or something in the same way. Only focus on and give credibility to the tulpa(s) you want to actually have and develop. All other intrusive thoughts, whether your perspective spinning or a tulpa-like character, should be ignored and they'll eventually go away.

Specifically, if you don't ignore them but instead think about, worry about, or otherwise attribute any meaning or importance to them, that makes them stick around. There or not, not even bothering to think about a thought/process you don't want is the best way to make them go away. That means you don't have to be rude to a tulpa-like character you don't want, nor should you apologize or anything in my opinion, because that only strengthens the thought.

If you're the type whose wonderland/visualizations often have NPCs/generally not-tulpa characters though, you could just ask them to leave or something. But only do that if it's normal to have ~characters around for you. For me for example, there are no living things (usually not even animals) in my wonderland/visualization except my tulpas, so if somehow something/one I didn't want was there, I would completely ignore them into non-existence.

Never happened to me personally, though. Just that stupid spinning/rolling perspective thing. I used to try and "lock" or "anchor" my perspective or all this stuff to try and make my view stop moving, but all of that is only playing into the intrusive thought. Eventually I learned how to really, truly "ignore" thoughts, basically not even giving my focus to the perspective anymore and only focusing on what I meant to be focusing on, and it immediately stopped being a problem and I haven't run into it since.

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.

6 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

Anything that you don't expect + don't want can be considered an intrusive thought. That includes characters that seem like tulpas. It could feel rude to not make a single intrusive thought-character a tulpa, but there's no difference in that one and imagining seven more characters from a show or something in the same way. Only focus on and give credibility to the tulpa(s) you want to actually have and develop. All other intrusive thoughts, whether your perspective spinning or a tulpa-like character, should be ignored and they'll eventually go away.

Specifically, if you don't ignore them but instead think about, worry about, or otherwise attribute any meaning or importance to them, that makes them stick around. There or not, not even bothering to think about a thought/process you don't want is the best way to make them go away. That means you don't have to be rude to a tulpa-like character you don't want, nor should you apologize or anything in my opinion, because that only strengthens the thought.

If you're the type whose wonderland/visualizations often have NPCs/generally not-tulpa characters though, you could just ask them to leave or something. But only do that if it's normal to have ~characters around for you. For me for example, there are no living things (usually not even animals) in my wonderland/visualization except my tulpas, so if somehow something/one I didn't want was there, I would completely ignore them into non-existence.

Never happened to me personally, though. Just that stupid spinning/rolling perspective thing. I used to try and "lock" or "anchor" my perspective or all this stuff to try and make my view stop moving, but all of that is only playing into the intrusive thought. Eventually I learned how to really, truly "ignore" thoughts, basically not even giving my focus to the perspective anymore and only focusing on what I meant to be focusing on, and it immediately stopped being a problem and I haven't run into it since.

I'll try ignoring him. Thank you!

You're my reason to keep on going, Valentine. Thank you.