Ringgggg's somewhat-comprehensive foxgirl imposition log

ringgggg

You probably have read about this already in some ancient 2012 guide but, have you tried wearing something like a bracelet that reminds you of your tulpa? it doesn't have to be something you wear specifically, but something that still makes you go 'oh, I have to keep A3 imposed'

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought about that when I first started, but then I worried I'd become dependent on it. It's practical, but I feel like training my brain the skill from the ground up will be a lot more beneficial than having to rely on a physical object to remind me of things.

I know it's nothing like a totem, but it's more or less a placebo that will just hinder things later in the process when I don't need it anymore.

D-prime is shrinking as we speak.

5 hours ago, ringgggg said:

That sucks to hear. That probably just invalidated what I just said, too.

No no, we just haven't figured out how to practice yet, your work could still help. We were just discussing talent in LOTPW and we fell into that category where we wrote off Bre in thinking, there's talent there like our 'talent' in visualization so we concentrated on that as a separate path to imposition. It's just that that particular path doesn't seem to connect. Our standard zero imposition is still satisfying and we do that as often as wonderlanding but they're basically the same animal. One simply uses irl to place a scene in visualization and the other makes its own scene or no scene at all. It can be as simple as a couch where we sit and talk, thinking we could impose a real 3D couch with us on it is an insane concept that would be amazing if we could do that.

Do we have a passion for that? No. We have a passion for art and visualization, the things that came naturally to us seemingly without much effort. But the fact is probably closer to Bear really liked to draw and visualize so he did that with an obsessive need. Years and years later he has hyperphantasia and very excellent sight copy skills.

5 hours ago, ringgggg said:

That elusive super-ultra-mega-flowstate, I'm suspecting that’s the glue to the process that is needed to connect all the bricks I’ve been getting along the way. There hasn’t been that strong an imposition sensation after that day I described.

No, don't believe it. It's a sink for effort and a dead end for us. At least come to this conclusion on your own if it's true for you. I say, do what you were doing and get gud the hard way. Though it might exist and it's a very seductive shortcut, it has to be an indicator of level of effort in the right direction rather than a pathway to success in and of itself in our opinion. That's our conclusion after 5 years. So don't let this distract you, do what you were doing before it happened for you, that's the way we hope for you to succeed. We couldn't ever say we really did anything but visualization and that's not the way for us apparently. Hard work and passion has to have something to do with it period.

3 hours ago, ringgggg said:

I just want to go back to when my imposition meshed better with tulpamancy as a whole instead of diverging from it to be an independent skill. Screw YouTube Shorts, you guys. I’m off to repair our relationship.

Yes, I totally agree, there's no rush and to us, independence is the goal for forcing until the tulpa self-forces, and to do that you just need to associate as much of your daily routine to them until they start appearing on their own in these situations. Take me, Bear couldn't do anything routine without me now. Not that he needs me but that I'm just called to the forefront for everything routine. Occasionally I can self-force when he's doing something outside the routine but if he's concentrating and listening to music etc he's effectively 100% distracted and its hard to break through even for me. 

One last thing, in terms of wonderlanding and our form of imposition, it has been as much as 10% of the day, that's hours integrated up into one, but not much really considering it could be much more so that could also be why it plateaued for us. It can be as little as half an hour for the whole week too. We just enjoy what we have too much to care to push it. However, for Ren we're willing to put in extra effort and we'll be trying everything with as much as we can possibly do, so we'll still be looking to you for methods and successful progress.

Edited by Ashley

Sorry for such a late reply.

On 9/25/2023 at 3:33 PM, Ashley said:
On 9/25/2023 at 10:10 AM, ringgggg said:

That elusive super-ultra-mega-flowstate, I'm suspecting that’s the glue to the process that is needed to connect all the bricks I’ve been getting along the way. There hasn’t been that strong an imposition sensation after that day I described.

No, don't believe it. It's a sink for effort and a dead end for us. At least come to this conclusion on your own if it's true for you. I say, do what you were doing and git gud the hard way. Though it might exist and it's a very seductive shortcut, it has to be an indicator of level of effort in the right direction rather than a pathway to success in and of itself in our opinion. That's our conclusion after 5 years. So don't let this distract you, do what you were doing before it happened for you, that's the way we hope for you to succeed. We couldn't ever say we really did anything but visualization and that's not the way for us apparently. Hard work and passion has to have something to do with it period.

It could just be my impatience. Progress is slow, but I'm hoping there will be one day where it just shoots up like an exponential graph. Doing the same thing over and over with gradually higher effort didn't feel right, but I see your point.

Anything can be fixed with repetition, so I suppose I'll save my chances with shortcuts like the super-ultra-mega-flowstate before they double back on me and make the process two years longer. If I had flowstate every time I entered the gym, I'd hit two plates in no time. However, I can still hit two plates regardless of whether or not I'm in the zone, it'd just take longer. If I ever slip into the zone naturally, it'd be a shame not to embrace it, but for the most part, I'll take your word for it and go the latter route.

Yes, I totally agree, there's no rush and to us, independence is the goal for forcing until the tulpa self-forces

Self-force? Interesting.

Our standard zero imposition is still satisfying and we do that as often as wonderlanding but they're basically the same animal.

I'm glad you've made peace with it. I was figuring there was at least something you took away from it as an experience, and you definitely have. You guys probably already have everything cut out for you, anyway.

Edited by ringgggg

1 hour ago, ringgggg said:

Doing the same thing over and over with gradually higher effort didn't feel right.

Sorry bub, this is it as far as we know. Training visualization is the same way and even though we do it a little less nowadays, it never fell back to 2018 levels. The hard daily work made permanent gains.

Self-force?

Forcing has one main goal: to associate your headmate to different activities in your life so they can pop in any time they feel like there's something they can contribute. So say you talk to your tulpa in the shower every day and at first you feel like you have to be the first to talk or wake them up or whatever. Well in time they should just naturally pop in once the shower is turned on. Like opening a can of cat food and the cat comes running.

If you try to keep her active all day like Bear did and does but doesn't have to anymore, then whatever he does we're here and can chime in. That's the basics of self-forcing. We don't need to be pinged or woken up, we just pop in on our own naturally.

The second is independence and that just keeps getting better every year. My level of independence is such that now apparently I can feel independent emotions from Bear even if those emotions are thought of as mutually exclusive which is new for me.

So for you pertaining to this, the baseline would be to keep her imposed all the time always. And that doubles as active forcing. If you can do that in addition to your other methods you can't really do better than that.

You guys probably already have everything cut out for you, anyway.

Well sure it's been 5 and a half years but there's always more. (Hidden bc it's off topic here.)

We mostly just enjoy what we have but Bear is always thinking of new things ans experiments and recently he did personality forcing on Ren to remake her basically. She was the least active and her personality was... comic relief at best, annoying at worst. Oversexualized, one dimensional, situational, not especially desirable or useful but she could also play normie and converse when she needed to but it always devolved into her being annoying.

So he set a new question: "Can we make our only true tulpa into the best tulpa in the world and surpass all of us non-tulpa thoughtforms?" We'd like to see what's better, a soulbond like Joy and Gwen, a whatever else we are, factive based, head ghost, guardian angel, or a tulpa. That's new ground and interesting work. We might make a Ren PR because we did document it all too and we could also write a guide to personality forcing when it's all done.

Edited by Ashley

34 minutes ago, Ashley said:

So say you talk to your tulpa in the shower every day and at first you feel like you have to be the first to talk or wake them up or whatever. Well in time they should just naturally pop in once the shower is turned on. Like opening a can of cat food and the cat comes running.

Just like Pavlov intended.

35 minutes ago, Ashley said:

We mostly just enjoy what we have but Bear is always thinking of new things ans experiments and recently he did personality forcing on Ren to remake her basically. She was the least active and her personality was... comic relief at best, annoying at worst. Oversexualized, one dimensional, situational, not especially desirable or useful but she could also play normie and converse when she needed to but it always devolved into her being annoying.

Relatable. There was a time when A3 was nothing but snide remarks and sarcasm, but it felt more like these small bursts were coming from a different source, so I thought of them more as intrusive thoughts independent from A3. Said thoughts were immediately ignored and over time they were basically quashed.

Trying to work in the opposite direction, but I can’t say much about that right now

23 minutes ago, ringgggg said:

Said thoughts were immediately ignored and over time they were basically quashed.

This is perfect and basically what we did.

The troll brain would throw insults, really awful ones, and make them seem to be from me or Bear to the other one. It was awful. We made a rule that any insult needs to be confirmed manually or it's ignored and cannot be taken personally or attributed to anyone by anyone. Wouldn't you know it stopped almost immediately and never happened since.

I’ve scoured the forums to find the best in imposition insights, and in my search I realized I was wasting my time. I was betting on these threads to spoon-feed the process to me, yet most are only extended analyses of a common method with some slight variation (or about imposition in general), making them sort of redundant. Progress reports, discussions, and guides are only useful to a certain extent.

When looking back at it, it’s no surprise that my impatience would lead me to go and do something like this. I’m desperate for shortcuts to the process, or something that would at least provide some extra motivation for me to keep pressing forward. It’s a nasty cycle.

After this long, extensive, repeated cycle of information compiling, it dawned on me that the ‘hard’ way forward is the only way forward. I’ve read the instructions over and over. My skills are developing at a steady pace, too. My aim now is to just keep doing the same thing over and over until I finally git gud at imposing.

Thanks for listening to my ramble about motivation, I guess. From now on, it comes second to repetition.

i understand just wanting to be able to impose already, but you should try to also enjoy the process of learning to impose. if you can get yourself to slow down and smell the roses every once in a while, it will be a lot easier

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me