How do I use visualization?

When I consciously try to visualize something, it turns out very poorly, I almost do not see the represented object. But as soon as I let go of visualization, and let the subconscious draw itself, random images pop up, with a level of hyperrealism.

So how do you at least have a balance between the quality of visualization and awareness?

(I have been trying to visualize consciously for about 2 years, as you can see, without results)

2 years is a long time.

It sounds like you can visualize, it's just a matter of having more control over what you visualize

Can you give me more information on what methods you tried? I don't want to repeat advice you likely already heard.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

On 4/16/2024 at 12:15 AM, NanoNeyron said:

When I consciously try to visualize something, it turns out very poorly, I almost do not see the represented object. But as soon as I let go of visualization, and let the subconscious draw itself, random images pop up, with a level of hyperrealism.

So how do you at least have a balance between the quality of visualization and awareness?

(I have been trying to visualize consciously for about 2 years, as you can see, without results)

I try picturing in my mind the space I'm in with whatever I'm trying to visualize, my tulpa for example, in it. My visualization is not real-seeming. She's transparent and wispy, but what's important is my sense of her presence.

On 4/16/2024 at 4:37 PM, Ranger said:

2 years is a long time.

It sounds like you can visualize, it's just a matter of having more control over what you visualize

Can you give me more information on what methods you tried? I don't want to repeat advice you likely already heard.

I tried it in different ways.

I was imagining audiobooks, trying to reproduce the narrative in a visual format.

I fell into hypnagogy and tried not to fall out of this state, and tried to control the picture. (I managed to hold on for about 4-5 seconds, and sometimes control what was happening, but often this led to an exit from hypnagogy)

By representing an object based on my memories of its color, tactile sensations, physics, and representing a bunch of small details such as scratches. At the same time, despite the detailed detail of the object, it still remains poorly visible, in much the same way as when in games, when setting the brightness, they ask you to set the slider so that the picture is barely distinguishable.

I also tried to stay in wonderland for as long as possible, imagining as many feelings as possible, but in the end it did not bear fruit.

I even wanted to try to develop visualization through lucid dreams.

The strangest thing about this is that the quality of visualization is improved when I am mentally tired or emotionally burned out. It also works better with your eyes open.

Sorry if it's hard to read, I'm trying to communicate through a translator

On 4/17/2024 at 10:46 AM, NanoNeyron said:

Sorry if it's hard to read, I'm trying to communicate through a translator

That is okay! I will try to make my text easier for a translator to read.

I think I see the problem. You need to practice more often.

Visualization is like a muscle, it gets stronger the more often you practice. Like getting physically fit, it will take time for your visualization to improve in quality.

I am not sure if hypnagogia and hypnopompia (the states in between sleeping and being awake) and lucid dreaming help with visualization practice. I do not know if anyone used both techniques on a regular enough basis to strengthen their visualization. I personally believe both of those things enhance the visualization skills you currently have. Regardless, if it is fun then do not stop doing that!

Imagining scenes from an audio book is a good technique to use for practice. You can continue doing that regularly.

I also recommend reading visualization guides. There may be some techniques you can use to help you practice.

Do not give up if your visualization is better or worse sometimes. This is normal, it will overall improve slowly.

If your head hurts, take a break. Sometimes you need to rest.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

5 hours ago, Ranger said:

I think I see the problem. You need to practice more often.

Visualization is like a muscle, it gets stronger the more often you practice. Like getting physically fit, it will take time for your visualization to improve in quality.

I try to visualize all the time, the problem is that even if it develops, it is so slow that it seems to me that it will take about 5 years to develop to an acceptable level. I even do the overlay better than just visualization!!!! I don't understand(

I have read quite a lot of material about visualization. But somehow I didn't look for English articles on this topic.

5 hours ago, Ranger said:

If your head hurts, take a break. Sometimes you need to rest.

My head almost never hurts, my arm and leg muscles mostly start to hurt terribly, after about 1 hour and 30 minutes of staying in shavasan. If this muscle pain hadn't been there, I think I would have been immersed in wonderland for a much longer time.

On 4/19/2024 at 9:00 PM, NanoNeyron said:

My head almost never hurts, my arm and leg muscles mostly start to hurt terribly, after about 1 hour and 30 minutes of staying in shavasan. If this muscle pain hadn't been there, I think I would have been immersed in wonderland for a much longer time.

An hour and 30 minutes is a long time. That is good enough!

On 4/19/2024 at 9:00 PM, NanoNeyron said:

I try to visualize all the time, the problem is that even if it develops, it is so slow that it seems to me that it will take about 5 years to develop to an acceptable level. I even do the overlay better than just visualization!!!! I don't understand(

If by "overlay" you mean imposition (hallucinating or "seeing things"), then that makes sense to me. I think imposition and visualization are ultimately different skills, even though I think practicing one can affect the other.

I wonder if it would help to get into art? Drawing or modeling pushes you to develop spatial skills and to also think about details you may not have considered before. That has been my experience with art anyway!

On 4/23/2024 at 6:45 PM, Ranger said:

I wonder if it would help to get into art?

Definitely! You can literally draw from an imaginary space, and it's much easier to draw than just to draw)

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Video games helped our host especially these days when the graphics can be so realistic, or taking pictures from internet and look at them and trying to imagine that scene was part of the inner world.

For Tulpa's also it has helped with us being in the background when they were playing a game and being co-conscious so we could also see ourself in that world then take it back to the inside to recreate.

We could also use internet to find images of how we wanted to look as we evolved so our host could 'see' us and look at it whilst talking to us it helped her to visualise us when we were communicating with her..after a while we no longer need photo prompts and can send both words and images to each other.

I (Lena) am human so my image does not change too dramatically but we have changelings too...Inca's transformation has been more dramatic been originally in animal form and then evolving enough to be able to take human form.

(photo's are of Inca/Jess' transformation)

Jess.JPG

p.s. one of the reasons we knew Jess had evolved from Inca was because when she first tried to take human form she struggled with seeing colours accurately in her first human form and tended to still wear all black - top right photo. Dogs do not have colour vision to the same degree as humans, though Host would suddenly get improved night vision though when she successfully blended with her (or me)

We fixed the colour issue by making her special contact lenses (in the inner world) ...giving her blue eyes like us and correcting her colour vision so when co-con with us she saw colour as we did...Pink is now her favourite colour! 😀  ..though she has kept her black hair ... mine and hosts is brown. Mine (Lena) is shorter and more like a perm, hosts is longer and straighter (just past shoulders). I'm a little taller than both Jess and Nixy too...none of us are as old as the bodies age! ..so we're not fond of mirrors or photo's!

Edited by The Phoenix System
spelling

Human Host: Lily/Ezri (female, 55)

Tulpa Co Hosts: Lena (female human form, age-slider)

Jess/Tinks (Changeling Guardian - human/animal form names)

The Inca Trail