Do your friends/family know about your tulpa?

Kai

Who knows about your tulpa?  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who knows about your tulpa?

• Every close friend/family member knows about it.
    • Some close friends/family members know about it.
    • Only one or two close friends/family members know about it.
    • Nobody knows about it, but I may tell some in the future.
    • Nobody knows about it, it will be my secret until the day I day.

Guest kingfisher

I accidentally told an acquaintance of mine about the term.

It was all to late when I found out she was really religious, and now she thinks I'm making an omniscient, omnipresent demigod in my head just for my own selfish exploits. Spaghetti was all over my pants the whole time she was ranting on stuff I couldn't care to remember. She made me remember why I hate common women. I can't even get her out of my face almost everyday because we're taking up the same course. fml

Because of that, I make sure to hide my power level at all times when in public, only to narrate verbally when wearing a bluetooth headset.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch, that's why I'm apprehensive anytime I feel like telling friends or others about tulpas. If their religion/beliefs play a huge part in their life, chances are that telling them will make spaghetti go everywhere.

Other than that, when Iris and I turn into switching masters, I'm not going to hide my power level.

• 8 months later...

Here's the thing, I sort of told my mom and my friend at work about it, but Hyde seems to be really mad about me talking to anyone about him or Tulpas in general. I don't know why. He tells me that they wouldn't understand, and he doesn't want anyone else knowing about him.

.... Is that normal? Should I be concerned?

"Listening to her heartbeat makes me feel alive." - Hyde

Name: Hyde

Form: Human

Done: Form, Personality, Sentient, Visualization

Working on: Imposition (vocal/visual/touch)

Because of that, I make sure to hide my power level at all times when in public, only to narrate verbally when wearing a bluetooth headset.

Your power level? Eh?

And lol, wow, what an imaginative girl. We can make omniscient, omnipresent demigods! rofl.

.... Is that normal? Should I be concerned?

Normal for a tulpa to say? Well, tulpa don't have preset traits.. so that question's kinda weird. There's no "here's some things your tulpa is going to do." Tulpa aren't a specific definition of people themselves.

Concerned about what? That he's right, or he's going to do something? If the latter, only you know your tulpa.

My lip hurts.

Yori, I'm just concerned as to why he would say that. It's a little unnerving. Yes, I fear in the back of my mind that he might do something, or make me do something, but I'm probably jumping to conclusions and being paranoid.

Him being a Dominant male might have something to do with it though. He's power hungry sometimes.

"Listening to her heartbeat makes me feel alive." - Hyde

Name: Hyde

Form: Human

Done: Form, Personality, Sentient, Visualization

Working on: Imposition (vocal/visual/touch)

No you shouldn't be concerned.

I told my mom, who's cool with it but slightly afraid of possession and switching.

I also told my best friend, who's cool with it.

I've told pretty much everyone close in my family about it just days after I started the whole thing, I wanted to know their view on it and I've made sure they're aware of what I'm doing.

I love my family but if they have a problem with Sandra I will make sure to both listen to what they have to say, AND defend her as she is important to me.

I've met 3 kinds of reactions:

1) Utmost indifference ("whatever")

2) Friendly banter ("lol cheers m8 be sure not to bang your mindwaifu on my couch how does the schizophrenia :DDD")

3) Passive disbelief ("ooh yeah a "tulpa"... typical jolly good old bersinger right there")

This from "normal" people, on the other hand i know one ex-tulpamancer from my city and have met several others in real life.

tell the rapper what i'm gonna do with all this money

Guest damirikal

I don't plan on telling my mom (don't make contact with dad) but I might tell my 2 best friends.