Tulpa Paradigm Shifts

Lacquer

Well Antylamon, I think I see where you're coming from, but before I can actually respond, I feel Imust point something out:

That thing you're doing, having a text conversation with your thought buddy while trying to respond to me...it's really annoying to read, please stop.

As for you and Chupi's actual point, I can definitely see where you guys are coming from. I as well have no problem sharing my body with my thought folk at this point. But, I honestly doubt that many people had that kind of idea in their mind when they decided to do this. Part of this comes from examining my own attitude, but it also comes from seeing how much of the community act, the forms that are chosen, and the afformentioned tulpa sex. While there's always going to be an exception, I still think it's generally a selfish thing to do at the start. With that said, I do take note that as time goes on, the relationship becomes closer and more selfless, it's a beautiful thing to see, and it's something I will not deny.

As for tulpa creation as compared to childbirth: The difference here is that making a child helps to continue the human race, and is a necessary thing for survival of the species. On the other hand, a tulpa will usually only be known by their creator.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Selfish or not, I exist. At the moment, I shall take my existence over nonexistence.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Well Antylamon, I think I see where you're coming from, but before I can actually respond, I feel Imust point something out:

That thing you're doing, having a text conversation with your thought buddy while trying to respond to me...it's really annoying to read, please stop.

"We both recognized it. Because of it, Antyla didn't want to post, but I did it anyway. I was definitely planning on avoiding it in the future, though, and I assume Antyla as well."

Sorry, I think the format came from reading too much Homestuck, as well as from being awake way too late at night.

It seemed okay in my head. I think I wanted people to see our thought process, although I didn't even have to reread to figure out it was a bad idea.

As for you and Chupi's actual point, I can definitely see where you guys are coming from. I as well have no problem sharing my body with my thought folk at this point. But, I honestly doubt that many people had that kind of idea in their mind when they decided to do this. Part of this comes from examining my own attitude, but it also comes from seeing how much of the community act, the forms that are chosen, and the afformentioned tulpa sex. While there's always going to be an exception, I still think it's generally a selfish thing to do at the start. With that said, I do take note that as time goes on, the relationship becomes closer and more selfless, it's a beautiful thing to see, and it's something I will not deny.

"Huh, you put it a lot simpler than we did. And that's quite an understatement. Oh well, we were kind of typing it as we thought of it. That and it was midnight."

As for tulpa creation as compared to childbirth: The difference here is that making a child helps to continue the human race, and is a necessary thing for survival of the species. On the other hand, a tulpa will usually only be known by their creator.

"Precisely why I didn't like the comparison."

I seem to remember someone saying that "very alien feelings" should not expressly be expected when the tulpa gives emotional response, head pressure, or speaks.

People also say it's okay to parrot now, so that seems dubious.

I seem to remember someone saying that "very alien feelings" should not expressly be expected when the tulpa gives emotional response, head pressure, or speaks.

People also say it's okay to parrot now, so that seems dubious.

Not all real responses feel alien or come with a head pressure, as I've experienced. The responses that feel more or less like my own thoughts but happen automatically are usually real, though certainly more prone to interference from my thoughts and expectations. These are just easier for them to create at present. I've been assured of this on occasion in more alien feeling responses.

As for parroting, it can be useful if done for a short while to show a tulpa how they're expected to speak or move. Doing it excessively is still bad unless you're Fede, but it won't break your tulpa. Even if you do manage to make a servitor, this can very easily become a tulpa.

The paradigm shift here is the realization that excess parroting is a lot less bad than the alternative, parrotnoia. You begin rejecting responses that aren't sufficiently alien, some of the alien-ness of the good responses wears off with time as you get used to them, and before long you're doubting every response.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Doing it excessively is still bad unless you're Fede, but it won't break your tulpa.

Not necessarily. Tulpae can be created on parroting alone, and many accidental tulpae (including four of mine) have come about this way from unknowing hosts who have a tendency to daydream.

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)