itbegins.png

Sands

>tulpai

uh, ugh why does that make me uncomfortable

Anyway, it's good at least that he came clean I guess. Everyone knew that there would be people in the community who didn't understand the concept and followed along blindly or made up progress because they were too afraid to actually ask for real help.

I'm not surprised. (I'm also not surprised that the ones confessing to have lied all happen to be friends with one another tbh)

So my question remains: is Roswell real?

Jaden had a chuckle at this. I think Roswell's one of the tulpas we have had the least doubts about.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does raise the question whether it's impossible or extremely hard for some people to make a tulpa, regardless of the methods that they use.

I was pondering the connection between hypnosis and tulpamancy, and noticed that no one in these hypnosis guides ever pointed out that not everyone can even be hypnotized because of the way of how their brains are. There still seems to be a general belief that if the tulpamancer doesn't get progress, they are doing something wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was a neurological factor as well.

Oh glitch.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

It does raise the question whether it's impossible or extremely hard for some people to make a tulpa, regardless of the methods that they use.

I was pondering the connection between hypnosis and tulpamancy, and noticed that no one in these hypnosis guides ever pointed out that not everyone can even be hypnotized because of the way of how their brains are. There still seems to be a general belief that if the tulpamancer doesn't get progress, they are doing something wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was a neurological factor as well.

You do know hypnosis is just a process to bypass the critical factor and getting into a trance right? A trance where the person has a higher state of suggestibility. We all get into trances on a daily basis (driver's hypnosis, etc.).

Sometimes the format in how people use hypnosis is just wrong because there's all sorts of things that stacks on before even attempting self-hypnosis. It's really just getting the person to focus on what's needed and beneficial and filtering out what's unnecessary. If a person knows how to use language patterns right and know things like applying the right type of tonality and being able to imagine where they want to be, it's just a matter of practice before the breakthrough with the hypnotic suggestions kicks in.

Pro tip: You actually have to prepare yourself, dive into the result you want, and expect what you're going to use through the hypnosis session is going to work, and repeat. And doing something reasonable and short-term can stack onto predispositions that are made in the long-term. If there's no level of higher emotion put into the words or listening to a hypnotist's voice, it has little chance of working. With how we interpret language and how the unconscious mind controls emotions and behaviors, one can arguably state we all shift through trance states (tunnel vision type of thinking) on a daily basis.

Hypnosis is just one of those things where if you don't keep at it with the right set of moods and tonalities and actually do what you want to do, it just won't feel like you were "hypnotized." But when it hits, it hits hard.

Hypnosis is just one of those things where if you don't keep at it with the right set of moods and tonalities and actually do what you want to do, it just won't feel like you were "hypnotized." But when it hits, it hits hard.

If it's a matter of practice and if everyone can get into a trance, then what do the findings about not being able to get into a hypnosis mean? I'm confused, and still not certain whether cognitive differences should be underestimated as a possible major factor in explaining why those (OP's quote, and many others who have had little progress) people haven't had success in spite of trying hard.

Yeah, some people lie. But I notice Sands describes Roswell as imaginary, but then accuses people of pretending to have tulpas. Aren't "imagine" and "pretend" synonymous?

We're all lying -- to ourselves. That's what a tulpa is -- a lie so persistent that it deceives the senses. When Sands says that Roswell is real, he's really just saying that he's deceived himself where others only lie about deceiving themselves.

Once again, why does it matter? Just see what's true for yourself. If someone says they've made a shapeshifter tulpa, don't call them a liar -- see if you can do it. If you can, it doesn't matter if it was a lie because now it's your truth. If you can't, it doesn't matter if it was a lie because you had no way of knowing if it was possible for you (whether it was true for them or not) until you tried for yourself.

"'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'"

If it's a matter of practice and if everyone can get into a trance, then what do the findings about not being able to get into a hypnosis mean? I'm confused, and still not certain whether cognitive differences should be underestimated as a possible major factor in explaining why those (OP's quote, and many others who have had little progress) people haven't had success in spite of trying hard.

Keyword: Trying hard and not actually doing and believing.

Also, to quote that article,

They looked at the activity of three different networks in the brain: The default-mode network, used when the brain is idle; the executive-control network, which is involved in making decisions; and the salience network, which is involved in deciding something is more important than something else.

Again, the critical factor and how it can be persuaded/distracted/whatever is just a concept people use to get an idea of how suggestions can be implanted. Whatever exercise the scientist used to practice if the person can get into a higher inward state of focus (trance), it's most likely not a practical application of how hypnosis would be done. If there were activities that would make one's ethical or moral code be challenged, obviously it would be difficult to get that person into a suggestive state. Which is why I stated before,

Pro tip: You actually have to be willing to want to have change, and as crazy as that sounds, when people who "try" hard into this tulpa phenomenon is that they're always going to have some level of doubt, and when someone opens up, they will open up a bit more. When words and language patterns and how people interpret them become acceptable, they become more receptive, and they start "imagining," and building models of realities to empathize with the OP in the reddit link above. The same with storytelling in general and how we naturally settle down when we see words like "Once a upon a time" or "A long time ago," because we would unconsciously interpret that as a story that doesn't need any kind of defenses from the critical factor, or in this case the executive-control network and salience network. OP's post in the reddit link is like a story, and we as humans have a natural predisposition to contemplate more after we've read the anecdotes and stories from others, which can make us doubt at times.

The thing is with this scare going about in the Tulpa Reddit section is that the OP in that link was just trying to increase cases from others to add onto an argumentum ad populum. Just because he's gathering other people in his position to gain some truism into how some people can't have tulpas, doesn't make it an objective truth. It's just going to get people to jump on the bandwagon, and the more they have their emotions tied into that, that's why it's a progress killer.

The same with the articles of science and the findings, anything that involves believing (and huge leaps of faith are obviously something that contradicts the process of the Scientific). It's ironic that as much as you want to throw in scientific studies, this forum does go by a lot of faith and belief and are aiming to find underlying concepts as to why a tulpa can exist in a person's perception of reality. It almost as if we reference Tibetan Buddhist in some element because of the stereotypes and associations we would tie into them having tulpas, but the community in general (at least with the "For Science") is trying to approach it as secular as it can.

When we see people say they tried hard or even said they do things diligently, how can you rely on what they're saying and prove whether or not it's just them wanting to come up with some excuse to make themselves feel a bit better? With how the mind can alter, twist, and mold expectations into reality and can organize things we can't fathom all at once consciously, there are ways how one can bring about unconscious thoughts (emotions/behaviors) in many ways.

The thing is, this tulpa phenomenon does involve people learning how to go into open mode (imagination) and closed mode (picking decisions after going through the slew of possibilities from pondering and contemplating). And with concepts we use like narrating to use as one of many existential models to treat our tulpas/tulpae/(whatever you nitpicky fuckers want to use), there are ways for people to actually have success, but it's about researching what is currently known to help with people's imagination, visualization, and overall potential in intelligence.

People tend to not use what we do know with Science ( like image streaming for instance ) can be used as a basis to find solutions and methods to relate to tulpaforcing in general.

Yeah, some people lie. But I notice Sands describes Roswell as imaginary, but then accuses people of pretending to have tulpas. Aren't "imagine" and "pretend" synonymous?

We're all lying -- to ourselves. That's what a tulpa is -- a lie so persistent that it deceives the senses. When Sands says that Roswell is real, he's really just saying that he's deceived himself where others only lie about deceiving themselves.

Once again, why does it matter? Just see what's true for yourself. If someone says they've made a shapeshifter tulpa, don't call them a liar -- see if you can do it. If you can, it doesn't matter if it was a lie because now it's your truth. If you can't, it doesn't matter if it was a lie because you had no way of knowing if it was possible for you (whether it was true for them or not) until you tried for yourself.

Yeah, I feel that with Sand's militant ambitions with seeing who has a real tulpa or RP characters, and how he engages through cognitive biases with how people are having a hard time with making tulpa and not being patient enough to stick through the process does, although his approach is admirable (in terms of getting people to use their brains for once), it's often degrading for newcomers as well in my personal opinion that might not look at the underlying meaning behind his posts.

What's funny is that there probably are people who can easily conceptualize having a genuine tulpa (from the existential concepts we apply towards them like auditory and visual imposition, etc.), so they never really had to try as hard or just do things diligently and consistently. Simply because their unconscious mind had better Implicit Knowledge and connected the dots much faster before the person was able to consciously give it their all. And it can be hard when people like Sands who actually made the breakthrough with having a tulpa that can feel just as much as he can to explain to others on what it feels like, which ultimately shifts everyone to have to find their own methods and find it out for themselves. But at some point, with the collective totality from the community itself, we would make obvious deductions that the same existential concepts we apply to these thought-forms that become "real" can be applicable to the majority of individuals.

And when people who claim to do methods and work hard, they gravitate towards focusing on what they did but not having competence in seeing their own shortcomings and seeing what they can do to change that so things can become easier for them.

Point being, this is the effect where most people fall into when tulpaforcing and being too attached to their previous attempts (as if they thought it was the only practical way to tulpaforce). This is why despite of the shortcomings, people have to be willing to accept they're going to make mistakes even in methods they think were ideal at the time. Instead of meditating or doing some process to be open and receptive to unconscious thoughts, their emotions start stacking onto them before they seal them away temporarily. Which is why this tulpa phenomenon seriously challenges people to push the boundaries in what they think they're so competent in and realizing that if they're not having any success, they have to keep experimenting.

They get too stuck in a linear way of thinking that prevents them from finding solutions that can finally make the breakthrough: Having a tulpa that gradually shows clear signs of the existential concepts we apply to them, where the host gains this overwhelming thrill of seeing this being made real in their perception of reality that they just don't know how in the fuck to conceptualize and explain it to people striving for that same path. Experimentation needs to be applied constantly into this, and not many people are enduring enough to want to find different ways to go about this.

Everyone has some doubt at some point, and it just reduces the more the breakthroughs with the existential labels we place on tulpa become manifest to us. Until we personally see those breakthroughs happen for ourselves, it's just an ongoing process of experimenting, finding solutions (open mode of thinking), actually doing the presumed solutions while they're being implemented (closed mode), and going back and forth with open mode of thinking and closed mode of thinking. It's so simple, and that's what makes it irritating for most of us, but it doesn't mean we should become defeatists by a few case scenarios and go on a Salem Witch Trial.

0a49be64e66f811c7353b080275b7e0a.png

If this catches on, I am going to hate it even more than tulpae.

What about Tulpie?

Tulpa: Adryan Form: Anthro wolf-ish Stage: *sighs loudly*

“Human beings can always be relied on to assert, with vigor, their god-given right to be stupid”

-Dean Koontz

“In the end, I worry that my arrogance shall destroy us all”

-Brandon Sanderson

I'd like to interject here.

There are two things I'd like to say:

1. You can't really lie in your imagination. There is a strength of perception to your imagination. We are trying to perceive our imagination as strongly as we can perceive anything else.

This brings me to point two and the Sand's quote from another topic but makes more sense to be right here:

Too bad you weren't here to see those times, when we actually were giving a shit about science and research, and professional air was a thing that the community was after instead of whoring out your tupper you made five seconds ago for attention.

2. The focus shouldn't be on what you're making in your imagination, but on the strength of your imagination. And no, your imagination is going to be at 100% imposition level from day 3 or even day 45 or in my case day 62. This is why we have to be in it for the long haul.

I think the path best traveled from here on forward isn't too constantly ridicule people for their posting style, but keeping our head down and forcing and making progress.

Hour counts aren't terrible. 150 hours or even 300 hours should just be the beginning of the tulpa journey. We shouldn't put that many hours in because that's what a tulpa needs to start showing sentience, but because we'll just be better tulpamancers for it.

If tulpai are truly to be respected, an hour a day for three months or even six months in a row is a small investment to make.