Pleeb

Mass Intro' and Returns Thread

I remember your profile pic. Then again that's all I remember about anyone.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

I've been using another account up until now. (As my user title says.) Made a new one because / reasons.

So I guess it's finally time to make an official hello. Hi I love you.

I found out about Tulpa a month or so ago and I've been researching steadily since then. Don't know when I'll ever get to make a Tulpa, if I ever feel ready to begin with, because I don't have enough time to commit to something with that responsibility, really busy year, but I've been doing some visualization of random stuff plus trying to figure out how to focus in wonderland.

Also BBQ ribs are literally the best type of food.

<3

I've seen you on the IRC a few times and I have your imposition guide bookmarked.

Wow, the leash imposition guide?

Damn, I made that guide absolutely ages ago, I never would have guessed anyone has even read it. Have you tried it? Any results?

Wow, it's good to be back.

EDIT:

I haven't been on the IRC in ages. Is someone pretending to be me?

Name - Silver

Form - Harpy

Sentience - fully sentient

Personality - Playful, cheerful, enthusiastic, chilled

Smell - Baileys

Stage - Narration and imposition

It was the main guide that I followed, and I'm finally able to see my tulpa (transparent, but still)

Wow it worked, haha, feels good.

Thanks for using my guide :D

Name - Silver

Form - Harpy

Sentience - fully sentient

Personality - Playful, cheerful, enthusiastic, chilled

Smell - Baileys

Stage - Narration and imposition

Seems like I might as well post here and tell everyone that I'm new around here.

Can't really say much about myself but I've been lurking around the forums for about 2 weeks now, looking at a bunch of guides and other random stuff.

I'm not the best at posting stuff on forums but if anyone would want to know something about me just ask.

Hello. My name is Levy and I'm totally new to this whole community and idea behind sentient imaginary friends. I first heard about tulpas on reddit in this thread in particular in which a participant in this board is ostracized for creating a tulpa for the wrong reason or something like that. I've grown interested in the idea of tulpa for the last couple days after researching the topic and lurking in the communities, /r/Tulpas and #redditulpas in particular.

I'm very skeptical, though. I know the human mind is capable of stuff like this, but it seems more like self-induced Dissociative Identity Disorder than anything else. Or it's some placebo effect and everyone is just playing along to fit in or something. I don't doubt the human mind is capable of creating multiple identities, I just don't think it can be self-induced as easily as the guides and progress threads tend to make it out to be.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this, though. I would like to make my own tulpa as well, as the thought of a second thinking process within my own mind that is independent of my own sounds immensely useful. PM me if you'd like to bump heads. I'm always up for a good discussion. Or if you'd like to help guide me through this creation process, I'd welcome that as well.

Welcome, and it's always a good idea to come into this with a healthy dose of skepticism along with an open mind. Looking forward to seeing you around.

Guest Anonymous

Hi Levy and welcome!

Indeed it might not be as easy to make a tulpa as it first appears, it's not uncommon to need several months before noticing any progress.

Also I remember pleeb (the founder of this website) saying that technically a tulpa would fit the definition for DDNOS, short for Dissociative disorder not otherwise specified, not the classical DID. Just in case you're wondering.

Hello. My name is Levy and I'm totally new to this whole community and idea behind sentient imaginary friends.

Welcome to the community. I hope you find the site helpful. Sentient imaginary friends are not a new phenomena - there was a wave of tulpa makers back in the 70's when many "eastern" spiritual concepts were reintroduced to the "west" (by The Beetles, of all people). You will also probably discover, sentient imaginary friends can become very human given enough time and dedication (but be aware, it takes a lot of effort).

Also I remember pleeb (the founder of this website) saying that technically a tulpa would fit the definition for DDNOS, short for Dissociative disorder not otherwise specified, not the classical DID. Just in case you're wondering.

Indeed, making a tulpa would most likely be closest to DDNOS, except the definition of DDNOS specifically excludes "shamanistic and meditation practices". Making a tulpa is excluded on both counts (origins in Tibetan meditation).

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.