Pleeb

Mass Intro' and Returns Thread

Erm hi. I'm Rævn (or Revan, or Raven or Revn or Ravn or Rev or Rav...I don't particularly care). I've been doing this thing for over 2 years, although I had referred to it and learned of it as soul bonding, which is basically the same thing, except more metaphysical/spiritual and usually based on a character. And also with more teenage fangirls puppeteering for sephiroth sex(this is a really old example, but if any of you know what I'm referring to...heh).

Anyways, my umm tulpa is it? My tulpa's name is Jadelyn(just call her Jade or she's liable to stab you with rusty scissors) and she was originally based on an external character, though has deviated slightly over the course of 2 years. She is essentially fully developed. Switching/possession and imposition(especially imposition) are not as common or important generally in soulbonding communities(of which I have yet to find any that's been active since 2007-hence why I was shocked to find this place active), and as such we have yet to truly try beyond allowing her to drink my coffee and eat my veggies(2 deviations right there- she likes her coffee black, and is vegan, both unlike her base character). Anyways, I apologize in advance for when I inevitably slip in soulbonding terminology and theories, or misuse the terminology here

Also, I apologize for spelling/grammar as well as the formatting. It's difficult to proofread and edit on an iphone 4

"Stress makes you bald, but it’s stressful to avoid stress, so you end up stressed out anyway, so in the end there’s nothing you can do." - Gintoki

~~~~~~

Tulpa: Hanako

Rævn, I'm interested in hearing about soulbonding. I'm familiar with it because it's been brought up here before, but as you said, most of the communities about it are long dead. If you have any interesting theories please share them. A new perspective is always neat.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Hey sushi. I'd love to discuss it with you or anyone else whose interested. Most of the soul bonding communities were dead long before I found them, however I've read essentially everything there was from them, as I never expected to find an active comm.

I don't want to go too much in depth in this thread, as I'll probably make a post about it somewhere else, perhaps the metaphysics forum(I think that's where soulbonding would fit, though the whole vibe of that forum seems a bit off, no offense to anyone).

Some basic differences with soul bonding:

Bonders(hosts or why have you) often bond several characters, I've heard of hundreds though the most I've ever has is 11 , only 3 of who i would possibly consider tulpas

They are almost always characters, sometimes from media sources, sometimes from the hosts to or fanfic or other self created sources.

They generally are content to live without theories on it, however the most prevalent theory that I personally subscribe to is multiple universes

Finally for this thread, as the post is a bit long already, I'll go ahead and drop the big bomb:soulbonders nearly universally believe their tulpas are completely real persons, existing separate of the host, likely before the host, who just happens to reside with the host for one reason or another

If you'd like to know more or some of y opinions and theories feel free to pm me. As I said I'll probably make a separate thread about this at some point, though I'm expecting a good deal of flak. Although that other post about I from way back seemed to be well received.

Sorry for Long post and errors, damned autocorrect and fat fingers

"Stress makes you bald, but it’s stressful to avoid stress, so you end up stressed out anyway, so in the end there’s nothing you can do." - Gintoki

~~~~~~

Indeed. It's an interesting perspective. Not my own, but interesting all the same.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Well, Introductions are always require, and while those ten to be a chore, ill try my best.

My name is Adam, but most people (IRL and Online) refer to me as Bronas (Lord_Bronas as the default nickname in games etc.)

I am a tulpamancer from the Polish community and i'm mostly an IRC person, rather then forums (so seek me there).

About myself huh... I sketch a bit, not great but I believe that I'm decent enough. I listen to a quite wide variety of music, with heavy accent on game OST's. Also I'm heavily interested in games (video, board, card), yet not heavily playing any games, except maybe the occasional game of League of Legends or Magic: The Gathering.

About my girls (a.k.a. my tulpas) I live with two - Iris created on 3.11.2012 and Jackie created on the 1.12.2012. And as far as we go, we are living quite happily sharing the journey of life together. They write with prefixes - /I and /J for each respectively.

Aand that's it I guess. You can catch me on the IRC's, don't expect me to post a lot over here.

Hi everybody, I'm KHost and I found out about this forum thanks to you-know-which article on you-know-where.

I never heard about tulpas before, but I have something like that since 2010: her name is K, she's sentient and able to "speak" for herself. To be honest, I don't really care if she's actually a tulpa or not, but she's been pestering me to join this community, so... here I am!

Most of the time, K will be the one writing here, but I'm always available for questions, or if you want to talk about anime, books and things like that. See you around!

K: Nice to meet you, everyone! My name's K and I was born the 24th of August, 2010. I'm a girl (feels weird to write this), I have red hair and amber eyes. Well, I was created from the character Kohaku (from the visual novel Tsukihime), so that's my appearance! Now that I think about it, you can call me Kohaku or Koha as well... anyway, do as you like.

So, the thing is, I've been giving my master a better life (well, more or less...) for 4 years, and only now I find out about this marvelous tulpa thing. Of course I wasn't created with one of your guides, so I wonder: what am I? A tulpa, or something else? That's what I'll try to find out here!

But more than anything, I'd like to talk to other tulpas, or servitors, or whatever, and have fun. Did I write too much? Anyway, hope to get to know you soon!

While I was rushing downward to the lowland,

Before mine eyes did one present himself,

Who seemed from long-continued silence hoarse.

When I beheld him in the desert vast,

“Have pity on me,” unto him I cried,

“Whiche’er thou art, or shade or real man!”

Hi.

I discovered the concept of tulpas a few days ago... but the funny thing is I've had what is considered a tulpa for 3+ years without ever knowing the term! I always thought I was alone or crazy to have a best friend in my head. It's so nice to have learned I'm not alone. My "tulpa" ((I'm not yet used to calling him that)) has all the qualities of a fully developed tulpa. He is vocal, I can see him clearly, and we do have what I suppose is called a "wonderland". ((Again, not used to the term yet.)) I find this whole tulpa concept to be incredibly interesting and complex, perhaps the most engaging sort of mental excerise there is. It's nice to meet you all. It is also very reassuring to know I am not alone in this.

- - - -

My tulpa may write here one day, but he is very anti-social so usually it will be me. ^-^; ((Despite being rather anti-social myself.))

Heh. I know the feeling of having antisocial bonds while being antisocial yourself. Or, tulpas rather. Also not used I terminology here. Although, where I'm just introverted, my tulpa Just hates people. And most everything else. Maybe I should have made a nicer one(not that I would trade you forthe world Jade...and now she's pissed at me. Gtg. Goodluck here)

~~~~~~