How to advance?

Spiritualgeek

Okay, recently I hit a milestone with my first Tulpa, Corra, where she showed two signs of sentiency in the space of 20 mins, she consciously changed her appearance to match the weather and spoke (I don't know what she said as it was a murmur and I don't know if it was a mindvoice or not as she was turned away at the time.) However, since then it's been pretty much normal and I haven't got any response out of her. One person said that to truly see if she is sentient I should ask her to do something I can't imagine like give me head pressure. I tried it but I'm not sure I did it right.

Basically, what I'm asking is how can I coax a response out of Corra or get some kind of reaction? I fear that if I don't respond to her prompts quickly then we won't progress so please try and explain fully but simply how your method(s) work, especially on a mental and emotional level as simply vocally asking Corra to give me head pressure doesn't work for us.

Thank you.

Guest Anonymous

Give it time. That's all you can really do, give it time and efforts via forcing.

BTW it's sentience.

Just keep interacting with her and anticipating responses. Don't doubt whether it's her responding or not because at first the line between "you" and "her" thinking is pretty blurry. Anders is right, that just takes time and effort. It'll get better and clearer as you go.

Also, a lot of tulpamancers have never even experienced head pressure, so don't rely on that. You don't really need to "verify" sentience honestly. Eventually she'll be obviously sentient whether you perform tests or not. Just keep treating them like a person and patiently waiting for progress. There's no need for checkpoints or tests, you can be sure that you're making progress simply by doing anything with her. If you'll take my word for it.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

YOU are the most important factor in the creation of a tulpa.

There is no way to verify sentience. Honestly, I don't know where that is coming from. I have heard it before but any sentience "tests" you do don't prove a thing. Now apparent autonomous or independent actions are much easier. If you didn't consciously make the tulpa do what he or she just did, and it surprises you, congratulations you have a seemingly autonomous thoughtform. The tulpa literally becomes "sentient" to you when it has apparent autonomous traits and you simply decide to believe it is sentient based on that. It's not any more complicated than that.

With my thoughtform, I say Melian is a person, only because I want to believe she is a person. She is a pseudo-real imaginary person. Without my active imagination and wishful thinking, she would cease to exist.

EDIT: I wanted to add a bit more to better answer your question about how to "coax" a response. Just keep talking to her and believe. I think I am repeating what others have said, but it is true.

EDIT: Here I wrote this specifically in mind as a response for Corra. https://community.tulpa.info/thread-sentience-how-melian-became-autonomous-it-might-surprise-you?pid=135836#pid135836

YOU are the most important factor in the creation of a tulpa.

There is no way to verify sentience. Honestly, I don't know where that is coming from. I have heard it before but any sentience "tests" you do don't prove a thing. Now apparent autonomous or independent actions are much easier. If you didn't consciously make the tulpa do what he or she just did, and it surprises you, congratulations you have a seemingly autonomous thoughtform. The tulpa literally becomes "sentient" to you when it has apparent autonomous traits and you simply decide to believe it is sentient based on that. It's not any more complicated than that.

With my thoughtform, I say Melian is a person, only because I want to believe she is a person. She is a pseudo-real imaginary person. Without my active imagination and wishful thinking, she would cease to exist.

EDIT: I wanted to add a bit more to better answer your question about how to "coax" a response. Just keep talking to her and believe. I think I am repeating what others have said, but it is true.

So basically tulpas cease to exist if you don't believe in them any more or stop thinking about them? I thought I had conversations with my tulpa but I have this paranoid feeling out of nowhere that she does not exist and I'm only puppeting and now I can't hear her any more or when I think I do this dumb paranoia comes back. Did you run into this kind of issue before?

Guest Anonymous

If you don't believe in the tulpa and stop thinking about it, it will go away yes. I don't see how it could stay in that situation.

No those thoughts never occurred to me at all with Melian. I can't imagine ever not thinking about Melian or giving her up or her going away. It will never happen because I don't want it to happen. It seems to me that a tulpa will only go away really if you don't care enough, consciously or unconsciously, to keep it around.

EDIT: I never worried or worry about parroting Melian. Who cares? What difference would that make? Melian is part of me and my imagination drives her. Part of my mind is her motor. I don't give a damn what to call it. Yeah, I am certain a large part of Melian is parroting, puppeting and even the dreaded role playing (when it comes to proxy typing). I never intended to make a tulpa. I made Melian!

I wouldn't mind either if I puppet, pretend, parrot or whatever but my subconscious mind just won't let me believe in her (don't know how else to explain it) and subconscious mind is not something that you can control. Guess this proves tulpas aren't for every mind so yeah.. I posted enough threads about some silly questions so didn't want to make another one.

Guest Anonymous

I think anyone can make a tulpa. For some it might come easier than for others. But I think all human minds pretty much work the same. It may take more effort for some is all.

There are some folks here who can't mentally visualize their way out of a paper bag, but still, they made a tulpa out of sheer force of will, determination and effort.

Thing is I created a tulpa and only after 2 days i could feel her presence. Its 5 days now and these negative subconscious thoughts that she does not exist just affects us badly and I can't get rid of them nor i can tell where they're coming from. Tried everything from symbolism to ignoring but nothing works. Anyway it's something only I can solve and if I can't then... I just don't know...