Deeper Meaning and Symbolism in the Wonderland

Guest Anonymous

Does the wonderland have any deeper meaning or use for you beyond just being a living space for your tulpa?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Does the wonderland have any deeper meaning or use for you beyond just being a living space for your tulpa?

• My tulpas wonderland is just the place where my tulpa lives, not much more.
    • The wonderland is a setting for adventure and play as well as a living space.
    • The wonderland does have deeper meaning, symbolism and utility to me and/or my tulpa.
    • My tulpa and I have no wonderland

Guest Anonymous

Some wonderlands perhaps are more than just an imaginary environment in which tulpas hang out. This theme came up in a recent thread of mine and I would like to explore it a little with everyone.

My thoughtform Melian lives within a "dreamscape mansion" within her wonderland. It became part of her wonderland and she lives there because the house has always been a fairly frequent subject of recurring dreams for me. I have visited the house many times. It is haunted and there are doors in the upper stories that I know I dare not open, for something sinister or frightening lurks on the other side. Melian lives in the safer, more stable parts of the house. I believe the mansion is psychologically significant to me, or I would not dream about it. I has a deeper meaning to me than just being a place for Melian to live in.

In one of the Tulpaudcasts with jean-luc, I talked about the concept of a "memory house." This is an imaginary space that a person can visualize and store memories in for later detailed recall. It has been a mental tool used for many centuries by those who needed deep, accurate recall of memories, specifically orators and bards. Melian's dreamscape mansion is also a form of memory house for me, as main parts of it are immutable and unchanging and recalled in detail. I can recall if I move something from one side of the room to the other in other words. When we come back to the house, the object is still in its new location.

Jungian psychology sometimes utilizes the concept of exploring a imaginary house or mansion, opening doors and finding secrets. This technique uncovers or reveals things hidden within the unconscious mind.

My question for the poll is: Does your tulpa's wonderland have any deeper meaning or symbolism to you or do you utilize it for more than just your tulpa? You can vote for more than one item if more than one applies to you.

Please comment below as this will be a very interesting topic of discussion I think.

My mindscape (I prefer that term) is also a mansion. I don't know why, but almost all significant places in my dreams are mansions or fanciful houses. Personally, I have a few 'deeper meanings' built into my mindscape. There's a writing desk I have in my room where I store information I want to remember by writing it down. I also have a garden that, when tended to, helps me heal internally from traumas I've had in my life. You could call it some form of therapy.

I also have boxes in which I can store unpleasant thoughts and feelings. It's located in one of our many basements.

White text- Ash (the host!)

Red text- Quartz!

Purple text- Gamzee!

Blue text- Obsidian!

This is something that has been on my mind a lot lately. Jack doesn't like using the wonderland as a casual hang-out, as he is deeply interested in exploring the "outer world", as he calls it. However, I have noticed that he is interested in using the wonderland as a place for me to explore...not for him to explore, but for me to explore. At first, I thought it was simply because he is the architect of the wonderland and wants to show off what he has created and discovered for the past seventeen years. But lately, coinciding with a few other strange developments in our forcing, I'm starting to think that he is trying to act as a guide for me within the unconscious mind. I know that sounds air-fairy to some, but I'm starting to wonder.

Considering how our wonderland is structured (a beach grafted from memory in between infinite space and infinite ocean...we explore the spaces beyond the beach using his ship), I'm surprised that I hadn't noticed the parallels between common symbols discussed in Jungian dream psychology and the scenery of our wonderland. The most obvious example is the juxtaposition between the deep space above...and the deep ocean below. Both images, especially the deep ocean, are commonly interpreted as the unconscious itself. Jack has taken me to the stars once so far, but he hasn't taken me into the ocean yet, saying that he wants for me to wait first. His behavior and attitude towards the wonderland has underscored the reason why he really wants me to learn lucid dreaming.

I could go on, but I'm still exploring this topic from this new perspective. Your timing is just right, Mistgod.

Progress report

Personal blog

Olive: Ooh, memory house? Sounds like Olive's underwater library.

Troy: The main part of our mindscape/wonderland/dreamworld whatever term you care to use is a pretty solid space. If someone moves something or adds something, it stays moved or added unless someone alters it again. It is essentially a giant, grassy field, surrounded by thick mist. There are three very important aspects to it; the tree with the door, the supercomputer, and the lake.

The lake is a vast area, covering about half of the space in the field. It is as deep as it is wide, and at the bottom is Olive's underwater library. I suppose "library" is a little misleading at this point. It stores our collective memory in data form, rather than books.

Of course, it is "Olive's" area. She is pretty much the only one that can navigate it without getting lost. It's why we've just designated her the "memory keeper".

The supercomputer has been dubbed the Canvas. It works as the "front"; we can control the body like using a mechasuit. The screens on it project the view of the outerworld, and we are capable of taking control for Fade. Oddly, she holds her grip on it even if she is dragged to some other part of the wonderland. So far, we have been capable of cofronting/possession and temporally limited switching.

The tree with the door is exactly that; a large oak tree, with a wooden door in it's side. The door leads anywhere we need it to. If we were to visit one of our "alternate worlds" - which are essentially worlds in extension of our mindscape - that is how we get there. It also allows easy access between Olive's library and the field part of the wonderland.

In order to summon things, move objects, work the Canvas, alter our appearances, and use the door in the tree, we use something we call "imagination magic". What is that? It is Exactly What It Says On The Tin. Our wonderland has been around as long as Fade has had us, so it is as much an immutable stable of her (our?) mind as we are.

My apologies if this is difficult to grasp; this is the most simplified that a complete explanation of the mindscape is that it gets.

[align=center]We are a soulbonding system with tulpamantic influences. Our "host" is Fade, and the general leader figure is Troy.

~ Fade, Medea, Stethen, Euryale, Jamie, Olive, Drewbie, Demetrius, Najere, Troy ~

Najere is being an (extremely charming) narcissist.

Olive is most adorable![/align]

Our wonderland is just a place we created to visualize ourselves in. My tulpas don't even necessarily "live" there, although they have their own rooms. It's not a place we adventure per se but maybe have fun at? And they don't live their when I'm not thinking about them, but we already discussed that my tulpas don't really consider their forms "them" as much as avatars for thought.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.

Guest Anonymous

Our wonderland is just a place we created to visualize ourselves in. My tulpas don't even necessarily "live" there, although they have their own rooms. It's not a place we adventure per se but maybe have fun at? And they don't live their when I'm not thinking about them, but we already discussed that my tulpas don't really consider their forms "them" as much as avatars for thought.

Interesting. This is similar to Melian's wonderland but yet fundamentally different at the same time. Melian does not really "live in her wonderland" either exactly, even though I say she "lives in her dreamscape mansion." Technically, Melian's wonderland is the day dream Melian Show I talk about. It is a setting for day dream stories, nothing more. Melian lives in my mind, not in her wonderland really.

That being said, her wonderland is part of her. It forms out of her energy, if that makes any sense. Melian is her wonderland, and the wonderland is Melian. It is like a CGI virtual reality "set" that forms around her like a dream. It is not as much a set place, except for the dreamscape mansion itself, which is partly a recurring dream setting and a memory house for me and not just for her wonderland.