Aarix Independence Guide

Upper Class Twit

Question

First off yes I know, I am Upper Class Twit and it says this is by Aarix, well SHUT UP. I was talking. I was talking to Aarix on Skype a while back, and I mean a WHILE back and I mentioned this guide that he never put up here, and he basically said something along the lines of "You can do it." So this ENTIRE thing is by him, not me.

First off this is a guide and should be treated as such, take all the information with a grain of salt, following this step-by-step is not mandatory and its encouraged to apply your own tactics to this information that better suits you as an individual.

This guide is mainly for tulpas who have a clear mind voice, the main thing to get across is to help you and your tulpa become independent from each other. Let’s first elaborate what I mean when I say a tulpas "independence" since it’s not any real official meaning and is abstract, I'm referring to your tulpas ability to do more thinking and acting on his or her own without the absolute dependence of your concentration and focus.

All the advice I'll give is of my own personal experience, if you don't like it, simply move on!

Now, as many would tell you, their independence comes overtime, to simply go with the flow and continue on with talking to them and forcing, and that’s perfectly alright. But I believe there is a little bit more you can do to possibly help. The key here is to constantly keep them in your focus habitually, kind of like an emulated feeling of your tulpa being independent. Though some would argue that is basically how a tulpa becomes independent. Let me just get on with it.

This is very common for early tulpas and tulpamancers even with mind voices, sure they can talk and do whatever but if you're not paying attention to them, they are unable to get to you as often as you like. If some are lucky, hosts get the occasional "alien response" but for the most part, if a tulpa wanted your attention, they had to wait for you to acknowledge them.

I imagine a window between us, with her on one side and me on the other, when I give her attention, it opens and she is around. But when my focus is off from her when I do practically anything, than it is shut and she is unable to do anything in general, let alone with me. But when they're independent they should be able to leave it open.

This used to be a crisis with me thought it took many, many months; my tulpa is around pretty much all the time unless I'm immensely busy and even then she is able to spectate a lot easier than before. I got so determined that I decided to obsess over keeping her in the front of my attention. I made it an absolute must to remember she’s around. Every waking moment to visualize her in my peripherals, and always read what she is doing in my brain, and occasionally chit-chat, I would do that every waking moment, but conversations between us can only go so far. But still, the tiniest thing would make me forget about her for long times and I was angry at myself for it. So a few tricks I tried were the following.

Try to associate stuff you see all of the time with your tulpa, say your tulpa likes sandwiches, well associate them with a loaf of bread and every time you walk past your kitchen and see bread, you're reminded of your tulpa. If they love racing, associate them with moving cars, just do as much as you can, you need to consistently bring them up, it takes a lot of work and practice but over time it builds to form a habit than it becomes easier and easier to work on.

This is a good way to kill 2 birds with one stone if you do reality checks in attempts to obtain lucidity, get something like a watch or a wristband that would remind you of them, and set a reminder to check, like every half an hour you hear a beep on your phone or anything, remember when you forgot about your tulpa for a second and try to keep them in the front of your attention while you do other things. It takes a lot of mental work and practice to keep it consistent enough but if you need a reminder every 15 minutes, 30 minutes, an hour, even 5-10 minutes if you really need to work on it and that’s perfectly acceptable.

Through it all, you need to keep it up, and tell your tulpa to make the best attempt they can, after a while, ask them what they were doing if you forgot about them for a second.

Another thing I used to do is, when I'm driving, have your tulpa sing the songs that are on the radio, takes less energy that hearing your tulpa talk and it’s a good way to multitask, though I recommend you do this if you can handle listening to your tulpa sing while at the same time focusing on the road, it helped me though.

I've seen references say that having your tulpa count while you do whatever is a decent approach, personally I see this better suited to being a test of how well you can process your tulpa parallel to yourself. If they count and it’s distracting your mind and thoughts, as if theirs and your thoughs are tangling up, then you need to work at it a little more.

When I did this, my tulpa was able to count to 1250 while I worked just fine, and I was even able to listen to instructions, with only a few things she lost count.

Another thing is to take into consideration is they’re “thought forms” a.k.a, your own thoughts constructed productively. You know what else is of your own thoughts? Day dreams! Ever been so hypnotized inside of one of your own daydreams that you mumble the dialogue of it out loud or anything relating to that? That trance is probably the most easier and productive aspect to work on connecting to your tulpa passively. I like to consider it a hybrid between the two. Try to immerse your tulpa in a daydream state but instead of watching it mindlessly similar to hypnagogic, have just enough consciousness to talk to them like that. You may be working slightly less productively at work but if you practice this well enough, you should be talking to your tulpa more and more as the days and the weeks go by.

Anyway, that’s about all I have, hope it helped, if not, well at least you have information!

"The Question is not who is going to let me, its who is going to stop me"~ Ayn Rand

GAT-related commentary:

Approved, although see commments. [sentience][Focus & Concentration][Misc.] (or just put [independence] if we're to separate that from [sentience] )

The guide is fine, however the author may be inactive, which may pose a problem if the guide is to the edited.

There's a few points that may be missing, for example, the attitude/mindset one has when interacting with the tulpa - all the attention in the world may not make a difference if you're not treating the tulpa like a person or if you can't feel them being such a person that shares a mind with you - you have to actually feel like the tulpa can send you emotions and voice independently and curiously pay attention to them do their own things while being free of expectations as to what they will be doing. Actually explaining these concepts in more detail would greatly improve this independence-developing guide.

GAT-related commentary:

Approved, although see commments. [sentience][Focus & Concentration][Misc.] (or just put [independence] if we're to separate that from [sentience] )

The guide is fine, however the author may be inactive, which may pose a problem if the guide is to the edited.

There's a few points that may be missing, for example, the attitude/mindset one has when interacting with the tulpa - all the attention in the world may not make a difference if you're not treating the tulpa like a person or if you can't feel them being such a person that shares a mind with you - you have to actually feel like the tulpa can send you emotions and voice independently and curiously pay attention to them do their own things while being free of expectations as to what they will be doing. Actually explaining these concepts in more detail would greatly improve this independence-developing guide.

I'm not "inactive" to the point where I won't reply if someone has a question, just not here in general. I understand the importance of mindset, however I didn't have that in mind when I made this, really this is an idea to take the next step after mindset, this had the host already treating the tulpa like a person in mind, if someone isn't at that point, I'm sure they know where to look. Though you are right this just implied the tulpa had a mindvoice and belief was pretty concrete. This just was an idea how to take it further.

Progress report

"You'll have a Tulpa because you didn't give up" -Koomer

This is a useful way of using symbolism and getting used to constantly reinforcing habits of acknowledging one’s tulpa. It promotes the tulpa to actually make the action rather than the host having to initiate things all the time.

In theory, the underlying concepts can be applied into simple practice and can actually have some use. There’s other methods involved in here to add some versatility in promoting independence. However, it seems it’s more of a compendium of tricks, but I guess since this is in the category of independence, having more options is better than one or two.

The symbolic portion makes sense, but things like reality checks, counting to a higher number and such isn’t really something unique. However, that’s just nitpicking. The guide is readable (at least to me), and doesn’t seem to have any grammatical and/or spelling errors that would make it rendered incoherent to others.

Approved.

I do approve of this guide - for Guides. The only thing I'd say is that your grammar, contrary to what Linkzelda said, actually isn't great. It doesn't render the guide unreadable but maybe it's something to change. If UpperClassTwit won't change it for whatever reason then either one of us GAT managers can edit it or you can make a new thread onto which the replies here can be merged.

This one has been very difficult for me to really place anywhere. I think after multiple re-reads and really thinking it through, I should just say approved. Not sure if it's quite guide approved or just tips appoved, but rest of the team will decide on that.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Guest Anonymous

Approved.

Leaning towards guide, though the general nature of this guide has a tip feel to it. As it comes down to 'involve your tulpa in everything until it is firmly glued to your awareness to the point of it easily being able to get your attention.'

Disapproved for obvious reasons. Poorly written.

"Assert the supremacy of your Imaginal acts over facts and put all things in subjection to them... Nothing can take it from but your failure to persist in imagining the ideal realized."

-Neville Goddard