I've seen some guides like Irish's but I don't feel like I'm making any progress in my wonderland.

I chose something simple for now so later it can be changed by either me or my tulpa.

I chose a flat grassland with a blue sky and I've worked on it for a little bit and even tho people say you can see it vividly after a while but for me that doesn't seem like the case at all.

I lay down in my bed I put on some music and close my eyes and then I imagine from a FP POV and...... well I "walk" around my wonderland.

My mind does wonder off every now and then so I bring it back to focus.

If I'm doing anything wrong can someone please tell me what it is so I can fix it but, If y'all can confirm I'm doing it right that would be very helpful for me and my tulpa.

(Tips would be appreciated)

don't worry about the wonderland yet, work on developing your tulpa first. For most people the wonderland gradually develops over time. It will take a while before you can see it vividly.

Also, if you had some sort of fantasy world as a kid, i would strongly suggest basing your wonderland off of that.

The wonderland is not actually very important. It is often recommended because it does supply a location for your forcing, though an empty void would work just as well.

Just develop the wonderland however you see fit.

Chalin System

@Chalin#4599

Like Jabrae said, you shouldn't worry about it so much. By "after a while", people tend to mean after weeks or so. The wonderland is just like anything else you visualize; as you train your mind's eye, you will be able to visualize everything better--not just your wonderland. It comes with practice, and lots of it.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

I'm not sure what it is you think you're doing wrong.

For tips i would suggest making the environment more stimulating. You could do this by adding new things or structures; alternately you could make what already exists more pronounced. You could work on feeling the grass as yu walk across it, the softness of the ground, the slight uneven feeling of natural ground, ect.

"The way is in training."

- Miyamoto Musashi

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, it just sounds like you're having problems with focus, so you can follow some guides on that, you should be able to find a substantial amount in the search portion of the forum.

As for firedusk: Yes, it can. I would not suggest it for two reasons. The first is that I am extremely kenophobic, which I hope does not apply to you. The second, and more pertinent, reason is that it will probably be boring and not a place you want to be for long periods of time, which, for a wonderland can be very important, especially if you plan on spending a lot of time with your tupper there. Not to mention, they get bored as well. Q gets pretty bored, Jira does occasionally but she usually finds something to keep herself occupied with, and my wonderland is this huge island full of plenty of awesome stuff. A black void with be exceptionally less interesting for them. That's just my two sense.

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cat_ShadowGriffin
      I released a new version here: https://community.tulpa.info/topic/16772-how-to-refocus-on-your-wonderland/

This guide expands on concepts described in Chupi’s and Nikodemos’s guides by explaining when and how to apply those skills in order to focus and achieve better visualization of your wonderland. I will briefly summarize the concepts described in these guides as I describe the following method, however these guides go more in depth on how to practice the skills used for this method.

This guide assumes you have a wonderland, but this method can also be applied to visualizing objects in a void. This method works best when active forcing, the process of providing your un-divided attention to your Tulpa, to minimize distractions.

Introduction

I used to tell people my visualization was bad because I struggled to get a clear image of my Tulpa and my wonderland most of the time. I eventually realized that my ability to focus greatly impacted my ability to visualize my wonderland, and all of the black voids and blurry imagery were a result of poor focus. I put this guide together because this strategy really helped me to the point where I can confidently visualize my wonderland at any time and not get frustrated by it anymore.

The Process In Short

This method is slowly drawing your attention away from distractions and towards your wonderland. You start with setting your mind on visualizing a simple object and slowly working your way up, visualizing more complex objects one at a time until you become satisfied with your visualization.

Summary of the Visualization Skill

This skill is all about looking at an object and asking yourself how it should look, feel, take up space, etc. For example, if you have grass in your wonderland, one could ask about the color of the grass, the height and shape of the blades, what species of grass it is, if it’s made out of cotton candy, the texture of the grass, how it feels when you walk in it, etc. The more questions you can answer, the more information you will have about that particular object. Having more information allows you to visualize the details of that object more effectively and thus requiring a lot of your attention to create the object’s image.

A Detailed Walkthrough

Before you sit down to visualize your wonderland, your images may be foggy and you may have a bunch of distracting thoughts that are far more interesting than blurry, incomprehensible images. In this state, remember that your visualization is not bad, you’re just distracted and your visualization will get better.

The first step is to get in a comfortable position and think about slowing down. If you want to, doing a form of relaxation breathing may be helpful for getting settled.

Next, start with taking a simple object such as a sphere or a cube. What color is the sphere? Is it smooth or bumpy? Is it soft and squishy or firm like a billiard ball? What is the temperature of the sphere? Continue to visualize your simple object until you are satisfied and or bored.

Next, slowly move onto the next object. Suppose the next object is a tree. Is it a real tree or a fantasy creation? How tall is it? Could you climb it if you wanted to? Is the season changing the colors of the leaves? Is there a tree shape that “feels right?” As you visualize more and more details, your tree will feel more and more real.

If you feel satisfied with your visualization, then congratulations, you achieve better visualization! If you still feel like your visualization is still fuzzy or you are bored, slowly move onto an even more sophisticated object or instead look around you and visualize the ground, the sky, your Tulpa, any other neighboring objects, etc.

Suggestions
      The key to this method is slowing down and shifting your attention to what you are visualizing. If you get bored and you warp yourself to a parade or a war zone, that can lead you to getting distracted again.
      More complex objects are supposed to be interesting for you to look at. If a tree isn’t to your taste, you could also do furniture, a vending machine, a weapon, etc. I recommend picking something you find interesting, because why have it in your wonderland if you don’t like it? Visualizing moving objects are fine as long as it is not your starting object. I don’t recommend loud or overwhelming objects because the point is to calm down and focus, not feel overwhelmed and become distracted. Unless you are really comfortable with what your Tulpa’s form looks like, I don’t recommend starting off with that. Like any other complex object, their form may be too much for you to focus on right now, but it won’t be after you built your way up to that level of complexity. If your Tulpa is sentient, they can guide you to look at certain things, or they may ask for you to visualize something for them. Why not, right? They may surprise you with a real treat! In Conclusion

Once you feel comfortable with your visualization, have fun! Now that your visualizations are stable, you can go ahead and visualize exciting things like flying on dragons or shooting aliens in space since your mind is so focused on the wonderland you most likely forgot about whatever else was distracting you and your immediate surroundings in real life.

Submitted for Guides.
    • By Shadow System
      [Exabier] We have a wonderland problem. Gray is afraid of controlling us when he's not actually talking to us. Talking gets pretty boring after awhile compared to all of the actual cool stuff like having sword fights, shooting bad guys, whatever. He gets the fear from watching us do stuff and thinks it's sometimes like parroting his story characters, whatever those are.

[Fernardo] Gray has reported watching us and it feeling "fake" for whatever reason. Perhaps it was because we were acting "too silly" or "too predictable" or whatever the excuse. I don't know if this has anything to do with "coming to life" feelings he reported in the past or if this is another form of Gray's parrotnoia. Like Exabier said, Gray hasn't felt comfortable to go on a wonderland adventure with us in a long time, and most of everyone would like for that to change.

[Blue] Is there something we can do to help him calm down or reassure him that it's still us? Are there certain things we need to avoid like busy amusement parks or intense action scenes?
    • By MyNameIsLee
      Y'know how people say lucid dreaming feels as real as the real world? Is it the same for a wonderland/mindscape? I've had lucid dreams in the past and the way people describe their wonderland reminds me of lucid dreams sometimes.

So basically, does wonderland feel as real as the real world?
    • By Ghibli
      I'm fairly new to the tulpa thing and the beginner's guide said that it's not necessary to have a wonderland. I'm not 100% sure I've got a wonderland as I never go there, but there's a separate world they can go to if they don't fancy sticking around the real world. They go there sometimes for months. I can still get in touch with them while they're there but it's more like having a phone call with them--they don't have any physical presence, and they can ignore my invitation to chat.

Is that a wonderland?

If they decide to come in to the real world they always seem to have stories of what they've been up to in this place. But it's not a place I share with them, as such. If we share time together, it's almost always in my actual bedroom. I'm not saying they gain a physical body but it's like I project them into my room and visualise them beside me and I can feel certain sensations like touches, etc. (although I really have to pay attention and focus on it).

Does a wonderland need to be a separate space that I see when I close my eyes, or is what I have enough? I like to give them space and give them the option to enter the real world (ack, I'm saying enter the real world and it sounds silly saying it but you know what I mean) by their own choosing, so do I need an in-between wonderland? Do I already have it?

Help a woman out! I'm tripping over my own thoughts
    • By Jamie
      We're talking about a part of a median system here, not a tulpa, but I figured, there is still a lot to talk about. Our wonderland was intentionally designed, there wasn't really any "inner world" stuff going on, if that makes a difference. 

Just a few days ago, though there have been signs of this part for years and years, I finally got to see one part of Jamie's median system-self clearly: a toddler, somewhere around 12-18 months old, who we nicknamed Sunshine. I've talked with 7-year-old down to 4-year-old parts, but this is the first really little part I've ever interacted with. 

One of the very interesting things, being co-conscious and being privy to his mental processing/thoughts, is just how vastly different it is compared to the older children, let alone the not-littles. There's very little verbal processing, it's a lot more like tulpish, or raw experience, just an unfiltered experience of the world, though he does say a few words, and understands enough to respond to some basic questions. It's just been really fasinating to be able to experience it secondhand and see how incredibly different that state or frame of mind is.

I saw a few signs early, but only this morning did I really home in on it: Sunshine experiences wonderland quite differently, as well. I'm really not sure he even understands it's not reality. (Even though, you know, I'm a green smoke person, and he's never commented on that) One of the first signs was when he fell over (ruh-roh) and, pretty much everyone else would not simulate this, but I felt him experience pain, and pressure, and everything that goes along with smacking your head on the floor. And when I would hold him, pretty much everyone does, consciously, try to experience as much warmth and comfort as they can, but he wasn't trying at all, and was experiencing much more realistic detail and depth to the wonderland experience. 

This morning I had Cassidy, Sunshine, and another (4-year old) little, and we were all eating yogurt in wonderland, and I realized, oh, wow. Sunshine's experience was indistinguishable from an IRL sensory experience. It felt basically the same as if the body was eating yogurt, and I was co-con with whoever was controlling the body. But just for him- not me, not Cassidy, not the other little. 

I really suspect it has to do with his frame of mind. I feel like a lot of immersion is about "turning off" mental filters that go, "This isn't real, it's not vivid as reality, etc, etc," and when you turn those off, it becomes vivid and real. I'd say it's almost like wonderland is a dream, and only Sunshine is lucid. It's only really real to him.

...How can I use this to my advantage? Do you think there's a way to "flip the switch" for other headmates? Effortless, complete wonderland immersion? That sounds like fun. I mean, on the downside, he hasn't demonstrated any ability to alter the wonderland in any fashion- to him, it works 100% by reality's rules, he can't summon anything up, teleport, etc.  
      Jamie experienced something like this once, using an hour-long hypnosis video meant to simulate an acid trip, of all things. It took wonderland from 40% immersion to 80%, but only for a short time, and that felt a lot more dream/trancelike- Sunshine is not in a trance to achieve this immersion, while it's still entirely effortless. 

- Gavin