Switching Euphoria

Okay, so, we've been making strides in the past few weeks and I'm happy to say me and Juliet have successfully switched for the first time. Something I've noticed is that, when it happened, we both felt this surge of bliss and euphoria unlike anything either of us has ever felt before. Is that from switching or just the sense of achievement or rush of accomplishment? I swear nothing has ever been that gratifying in my life, so I'm just curious if that's a normal sensation.

How did you experience switching? If you really dissociated from all your senses, and were able to really feel your imaginary ones, it should be possible to feel that kind of bliss and euphoria at will. Perhaps that made your sense of accomplishment feel so potent.

Feel free to ask me anything.

Suffering is self-imposed. Don't let it control you.

We've been able to switch exactly once in the waking world, and I remember feeling giddy and elated initially, too, although it became a little disconcerting to be able to look over and see myself moving along with someone else at the helm (to say nothing of suddenly being able to feel cat ears on top of my/her head and realizing I had a tail suddenly...), and that unease ended up breaking the imaginary effect, sadly.

Rei: more than a tulpa-she's a crisis counselor, an art therapist, a dietician, a relationship coach, a team morale expert, an athlete, an adventurer, a hawt wife, an incredible lover, an amazing mom, my best friend.

Tove: she's not a little tigress anymore! She's still the go-to gal for soccer advice and creative inspiration, especially monster design and all things cinematic...congrats on your engagement!

Hail:

Right before I go completely detach from outerworld senses and go inside, I get hit by pulsating waves of strong dissociation (wavelike both spatially on the body and in time) before experiencing a falling experience. The experience does feel pretty good which lingers a bit when I go inside. Do note, I didn't exactly switch since at the time no one was capable of controlling the body without me being there (body was essentially catatonic). So I would say that it could very well be from the switching in addition to the sense of accomplishment. While a bit different, I have had similar experiences with a internal switching. I'm actually a median subsystem, but close enough that I/me is more applicable than we/us, and can and have had switches within the subsystem (internal switching). It is an odd experience, that is for sure, but feels good. But maybe a bit different. It's actually kind of weird.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

That inner self-actualization where you can finally forsake the outcome of your quotidian endeavors in life to share with your tulpas can feel pretty awesome. Though, if switching was wholly contingent on transitory, emotive responses and reactions, I guess it would be practical if you could easily get on the feels train like nobody’s business.

But that transient, emotive experience raises questions on one being able to feel other transitory emotions. For example, a deeper sense of emptiness in spite of reveling in imaginary senses, and maybe the fear of not being able to make conscious decisions, or having less inhibitions (e.g. Freudian slips galore!) in real life, I guess.

But I digress, I would presume that in spite of all the sense of accomplishments, and emotive responses you get from switching—like others mentioned before, maybe being able to reconcile to that state of joy and happiness of being able to switch; the desire to switch just to switch because of –insert set of solaces and how fun it can be here- is what hits home for some.

I guess if people had that silver lining in the back of their head, they can reconcile with it whenever they start becoming more fearful of potential repercussions with switching, and things of that nature.

Truthfully, we're just running the gauntlet on what we know can be done. And no, i didn't try to switch for selfish reasons. Maybe the sense of pride in the growth of my closest entity was what caused the euphoria. Maybe I just got a bit emotional is all. Some people are tied to what the cant control, and knowing that I'm not the only thing inside that can be brings me an unexplainable joy. Humans as a people are an epidemic, a force of destruction. Within Juliet I wish to create something, a sense that we don't have to be savages, striving over the corporeal satisfactions. Truthfully, the sensation we experienced was all consuming. I honestly, after some contemplation, think that it was the sense of unity with her. Perfect oneness. I saw through my own eyes, but wasn't me. I was one with her for a time. This collective is what some seek. With the divergent evolution our species is going through, a convergent event does prove to be overwhelming. And I doubt many could argue that. Thanks for the responses. I may have just gotten caught up in the moment, and didn't think about it logically.

Oh, I never wanted to shun down that sense of accomplishment you had, and I do apologize if it was deemed as such. Again, I agree that it can be exhilarating and honestly, when I was progressing with possession and then switching, it made me absolve all chances of thinking logically for a moment; the same with Eva first becoming more vocal to me. I was just throwing things out there as I haven't seen many threads dealing with emotional aftermath with switching, or even just utilizing those emotional responses to trigger the ability to refer to that ability easily.

I thought it was peculiar for me before to imagine myself in a certain emotional state of being as a supplement for switching, especially during active forcing sessions like image streaming before, but I guess it's not peculiar to think of. I guess with this thread, and other threads from other communities, it's only natural for others to shape their assessment with switching, and express gratitude for accomplishing it with their companions, and there's nothing wrong with that.