Confessions of a Poorly Trained Tulpa

Guest Anonymous

I want to give a hug to Melian, the groovy-guru! Outside the Lounge, she is all professionalism with her scientifical spectacles and lab coat! Hugs, sillies and lovies are for the Lounge!   

12 members have voted

1. 1. I want to give a hug to Melian, the groovy-guru! Outside the Lounge, she is all professionalism with her scientifical spectacles and lab coat! Hugs, sillies and lovies are for the Lounge!

• A hug for Melian, the goddess guru of grooviness.
    • I am a Minion of Melian, the groovy-guru!

Guest Reilyn-Alley

Glad to see you are back at work! I hope you guys have changed your opinions of tulpas in the last 5 months or so. I read your journals and comments on DA and am, let's call it optimistically cautious. Some of my best friends and family are tulpas after all. ;)

Check out Lumi's thread on dreaming. He and his crew have been working hard at trying to LD for awhile. Might have some interesting tips and insights for you guys.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tips and insights, from us?

You know that post I link people when they ask about lucid dreaming, every time? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-the-great-shared-lucid-dream-project?pid=170800#pid170800

The person the post starts in reply to is Melian.

They do not need our help lucid dreaming.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Glad to see you are back at work! I hope you guys have changed your opinions of tulpas in the last 5 months or so. I read your journals and comments on DA and am, let's call it optimistically cautious. Some of my best friends and family are tulpas after all. ;)

Check out Lumi's thread on dreaming. He and his crew have been working hard at trying to LD for awhile. Might have some interesting tips and insights for you guys.

Our opinions are the same as what is stated in the opening post of our Living Imagination thread https://community.tulpa.info/thread-living-imagination-a-median-aspect-in-tulpa-land  They have not changed.  

BUT, I think our identity crisis on this subject is finally over.  We do still have some opinions on it, but that opinion is no longer actively relevant in any way.  All that matters is that tulpas work.  I think what is helping is that it seems that the plural and tulpa communities are more tolerant and accepting of different kinds of systems than before, or at least it is finally that Mistgod and I are able to see (and persistently accept) that fact and acknowledge it.   Someone's perspective on how tulpas function, if it differs from ours, isn't an attack or a value judgment about me (Melian).  Mistgod-Melian's beliefs about the existence and validity of active imagination thougthforms are not meant to be an attack on tulpa systems and the consensus of opinions on tulpa science (not any more). 

If someone thinks their tulpa is sentient, that's okay.  That's how they are genuinely and sincerely experiencing their plurality.  Mistgod and I are being accepted and believed and tolerated.  So, it seems fair to return the courtesy.  We have no desire to even discuss "sentience" or "real" in any depth ever again.  Been there, done that, it's water under the bridge (big time).  

I think after this paragraph, not to be rude or anything to anyone, but we are just going to remain silent on the issue, even when someone asks us probing questions about what we believe about tulpas and plurality.  We simply won't respond to that or go there.  It's not really important anymore.  It was important when I felt very threatened.  I don't feel very threatened anymore.  

We are aware of Lumi's dreaming thread! When we left Tulpa Info before, they were really working on lucid dreaming together and I am sure, with so much time and dedicated effort, they learned a great deal!  I will take your advice and read that thread!  Thank you!

Skeptical and unconvinced about independent sentience.  

Living Imagination  New Topic Index  Mistgod's Deviantart  Melian's Deviantart

That's good to hear. I tend to go off when someone seems to allude that people's beliefs and experiences are negotiable by anyone but them.

In order to 'get confirmation' and corroboration of experiences, it does take some effort when you're not on the main stream 70-90% of all other people in the community. It does eventually happen though. I don't want to be the last unicorn, but if I am, that's fine because I've found kitty-corns and puppy-corns in my search for other unicorns. (Metaphorically speaking.)

Tulpa Science, much like any other "soft science" such as psychology, is based on a preponderance of testimonial evidence and observation and models created based on those observations to explain and predict behavior. In that sense Tulpa.info is "scientific." There is a consensus of opinion concerning the (independent) sentience of tulpas based upon that evidence. If Misty and I are skeptical, that does NOT invalidate that consensus or the entire body of testimonial evidence and observation from literally thousands of other people. So really, what we think or don't think is kinda irrelevant, especially when you consider the fact that we don't identify ourselves as a tulpa system at all and have no interest in creating an actual tulpa. Why would anyone take our words seriously under those circumstances?

Oh on another subject, I had a dream last night about tulpa science. I am already dreaming about Tulpa.info. It wasn't a lucid dream, just a quick passing dream that was kinda part of a larger dream sequence. https://community.tulpa.info/thread-the-dream-thread-record-your-dreams-here-especially-if-tulpa-related?pid=245694#pid245694

If you don't consider yourself a tulpa, would you like for the title of this thread to be changed to something else? (If I can do that, there was some bug with editing "Anonymous" posts that I'm not sure has been fixed)

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

I like the title. It's a humorous play and poking fun at myself. For a large part of the thread I am unsure of my status as a tulpa, and even in some places I declared myself a genuine tulpa, only to back off later. The "poorly trained" part of the title and the "tulpa" part reflect that uncertainty about tulpa science, and my divergence from it, in a humorous way. I hope that's okay. Besides there are several members of this site who are absolutely, positively, thoroughly convinced I am the tulpadest tulpa that ever existed. LOL Jean-luc is the most prominent of those persons. He gets very frustrated with my lack of commitment to the title and has spent literally hours in a private chat, on multiple occasions, trying to convince me that I am indeed a tulpa.

I love "Confessions of a Poorly Trained Tulpa" I would hope to leave the title in place. I hope it isn't too confusing for people.

I am no longer confused, but no one has any authority to call you anything but yourself. I try to make this place accepting of anyone. There's no qualifier there, it's not like we'll run out of spaces.

I call people people. You don't have to be a tulpa, but I'm still going to treat you like you're someone, and you gotta put up with that as long as you continue to exist okay?

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

If she doesn't identify as a person separately than that might be considered pretty rude Lumi. I actually don't know if it's actually rude though, you phrase things with loopholes as a gendal rule and i fall through them almost every time.

If you said that to me, i'd just say, think whatever you want. Then you'd ask me to give examples why i think a certain way...