I'm at the end of my rope here...

Ok well I have this problem with my wonderland. Basically, my very ability to be in there is deteriorating.

Things just get out of control for me. They don't happen to Ellisae or Mira, but I just can't have certain things be normal for me. It first started with simply siting in chairs. I first couldn't simply sit in chairs without me freaking spinning on them uncontrollably and no matter what I or my tulpas do, they just won't stop. No sitting in chairs anymore. Not a big deal.

A few weeks ago, now I can't lay down in my bed. I fly off to the right or left infinitely unless I get up off of it or put in TONS of focus to stop it, and then it will either temporarily stop doing that, or go right back to normal. Problem: I spawn in on that bed. And I can't cuddle with Ellisae at night unless we're on that bed. So, ya that's a problem, but one I have been able to work with..

Now, I'm having a pretty big problem. Whenever I'm in ANY building in my wonderland, my perception will spin out of control, very fast, unless I'm either laying down or put in lots of focus, and even then it still seems to move around. According to Ellisae and Mira I'm not actually spinning, and they seem to be fine. Outside of any building I'm fine, but the minute I enter any building, I start spinning. Me and my tulpas tried to see if we could force the wonderland to stop, but at best as long as at least one of us is focusing it won't do it, but when they stop, right back to the spinning.

So now I can't spawn in like normal nor can I be in any building at all, which is a problem since Ellisae and Mira do most of their stuff in the castle. I'm at the end of my rope because now I essentially can't even be in my own wonderland. I have no control over it at all. I have tried to the point of headaches to get this stuff under control but no changes or fixes to anything. Do you guys know how to get an uncontrollable wonderland to stop with this stuff? Any help would be more than appreciated.

Guest Anonymous

Take a break for a while. You are anxious about intrusive thoughts and so making it a vicious cycle. In the back of your mind you are expecting something to happen and so it does.

Intrusive thoughts are annoying, yes, but focusing on them will only make things worse. Ignore them - acknowledge that they're there and that it's happening, but let them pass. It's like getting a song stuck in your head. Using symbolism also works, like constructing a sphere (shitty example, but bear with me) that has a purpose like stopping things from spinning in your mind. And these things tend to happen less when your visualization skills are good, so I would suggest hopping over to the guides forum to see if there are any exercises you'd want to try.

Also, keep in mind that we've had tons of threads about intrusive thoughts, spinning objects, and things going wrong in the wonderland.

Yep, what Melian said. Sounds like you have a nasty case of intrusive thoughts. They're like hiccups; they don't go away until you stop paying attention to them.

One pattern I notice is that a lot of these don't have to do with the wonderland itself, but with your placement in it. So you could also try changing up how you interact with the wonderland. Try changing your form, or swapping from first person to third person perspective, or not even entering the wonderland at all but instead letting your headmates handle it while you communicate from outside.

Mostly, though, a break might help. The more you dwell on the problem, the worse it will get.

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

Beside what is already suggested you could try to bridge the time you're staying out of the wonderland by projecting your tulpas (and additional stuff) in the real environment around you. This might be a more boring than your usual deal, but I think it is worth pointing out that the whole wonderland deal is optional to interact with your tulpas.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Guest Anonymous

My ability to properly see, move et cetera in our wonderland isn't deteriorating.

... it was always awful. xD

But it never mattered, because I never ever go there anyway.

Which - well, IF you come to be somehow unable to properly utilize your wonderland, just reorganize your tupper interactions to the "real world".

And before you think about that, just take a break and take it slow.

That can change a lot sometimes.

Greets,

AG

I know what you guys are saying and I know most of the annoying things in wonderland can be fixed with time, but I already don't go in there a lot as it is. Yesterday was the first time I went in there in days. I also haven't thought about the chair issue for months but it still happens. So I guess what I have to say is, if I already don't go in my wonderland a lot, then how long do I have to wait?

" timestamp="1453665785"]

I know what you guys are saying and I know most of the annoying things in wonderland can be fixed with time, but I already don't go in there a lot as it is. Yesterday was the first time I went in there in days. I also haven't thought about the chair issue for months but it still happens. So I guess what I have to say is, if I already don't go in my wonderland a lot, then how long do I have to wait?

There's no guarantee that these problems will be fixed if you just leave and come back. Work on your visualization skills and these things won't be happening as often. Alternatively, wonderlands are completely optional, and you could just rely on open-eyed visualization.

Guest Anonymous

jean-luc once mentioned a similar problem with a spinning chair in his wonderland. I seem to remember that. You might ask jean-luc about this and if he found solution to the spinning chair problem. Interesting to see the same phenomenon in two different people's wonderlands.

Sometimes you just need to take a break and then ease back into it. It could be that your mind is overwhelmed as it is, the stress and distractions. Pushing it too much might just burn you out more. Have you tried meditative techniques, something to elicit a sort of "soft reset"?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie