T3412812

Query from a skeptic

Right, first of all i don't know if this query will be the first of many, or if it will be even permitted here. 
And if it's permitted here, then I guess I am fortunate in that regard.

Before I sate the query, I want to give background on myself; not out of narcissistic or pity seeking measures. But out of personal clemency  since i'm intrigued  by this 'culture,' if I would be permitted to say so. Please be mindful, and considerate that this is the first time I've tried to voice this to a majority. 

When I was about 6 years of age, I was experiencing the beginning and ending fits of a plane's G-forces when I entered into Thailand with my parents. Like most frightened children, I closed my eyes and tried to ignore the plane and its scary jolts of loud noise. What happened next was perhaps the most vexing thing to happen in my life. I met a girl called Abigale, who had flaxen hair and teal blue eyes. She had the physical and mental charm of a 6 year old girl. She calmed me down during that flight. What was most perplexing was that she was the first one to introduce herself to me. She told me her name, I didn't do anything, I was simply to scared of the plane and its ephemera. Abigale of course was not real, I opened my eyes to try and find her among the seated passengers. No luck.
Looking back on that experience. Perhaps it was a good demonstration of the cognitive effect of the 'third man syndrome.' And rather recently, I hazarded to chalk it up to Charles Bonnet syndrome. Since she stopped her appearance shortly. Though at random times, this girl Abigale. She would make contact with me, even when out of preconceived stimuli that I would have considered dangerous. Now, when I reached teenagehood,  the sporadic appearances of Abigale declined. And she simply left me. And I was quite vexed. My school grades began to drop, and I was sardonic and bitter for a while. I wasn't mature at all in that dealing, and I certainly frown upon that fit. Now,  I talked to my elder brother about Abigale years after she left me. His response was enlightening. He said that Abigale must have been my imaginary friend, and that he used to have one. I questioned my little sister, and she claimed that she had an imaginary friend called 'Fin.' I asked one of my close associates  if he had an imaginary friend, in which he said yes. The friend was called ' Jae'.

Now, during the imaginary friend talk with my elder brother. He mentioned  tulpas. Not the tulpas as now, but the tulpas of Buddhist esoteric founding. The subject of the talk was on  Alexandra David Neel's tulpa which was formed in the image of the jolly friar tuck-like monk of robin hood. You can skim through the article. Needless to say that was my first dosage on the fact of tulpa. Now, years later when I've transitioned into the nomos of society, my brother sent me this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17iiFxZ9PYXXxSqWHdU2YoPsGfJr90w8aIG_evqc1wiY/edit

I researched various facts on the writer's aforementioned writings. There is some degree of credence to the posited terminology and  traits he listed.
I know that what is called a 'wonderland' is simply a paracosm. Which allows for interaction with the tulpa.
Anyway, my brother sent me the document and I'm nipped by curiosity.

The important query is this: Once you guys communicate with your tulpa through your made paracosm's, are you some sort of disemboweled voice? Or are you in there with them, with some sort of ephemeral body that mirror's your own appearances and apparel? 

The other, less important query is this: Was Abigale a tulpa I created? Or was she just something i conceived for comfort?

Hi T3412812:  Tulpamancy is the practice of creating a tulpa. If you have read the guide linked in your query, you know that it is hard work. Harder for some people than others. "Results vary" as said in various commercials. I am not writing a commercial for the art or practice. You have asked some questions regarding your early experience with Abigale. Was she a tulpa? Was she an imaginary friend, or was she "Just something" you conceived for comfort.

I do not know if their is a definitive answer to your query. Others on this forum may or will have opinions on the matter that differ from mine. I think that since imaginary friends are a phenomenon of childhood and known in your family, that is it likely that Abigale was such a creation. I think that she was not "just something" that you conceived as you were not conscious of the process, nor did you intend it. Both consciousness and intention are required for the successful creation of a tulpa.

That said, I believe that should you wish to undertake the practice, you might be successful in bringing Abigale back into your life. As I said, it is hard work and you should be clear about wanting her as an intimate companion, many would say, a life long companion. There are many more guides for doing this, they can be found at Tulpa.info (and at Tulpa.io and Reddit, though I personally have not used those sites much.)

Hope this will answer your query and I expect others to answer as well. Yours, Dr. Bob

2 hours ago, T3412812 said:

The important query is this: Once you guys communicate with your tulpa through your made paracosm's, are you some sort of disemboweled voice? Or are you in there with them, with some sort of ephemeral body that mirror's your own appearances and apparel?

I can communicate with Gray, my host, through a variety of ways.

I can act as a disembodied voice if I want to. We don't have strong enough imposition skills for my voice to sound like it came from real life, but to my host it can be very attention grabbing. I find this useful when our visualization is really bad or I'm trying to make myself seem like a magical ghost for whatever reason.

I also have a wonderland/paracosm mind form and can talk to my host in this imagined world. I prefer a humanoid shape with a blue suit and bowtie, but it's fuzzy and we need more visualization/art practice. Gray actually has several mind forms- the most common one being an original male form with a gray suit and tie that's older than I am. There were a few time where he used a mind form that looked like the body, but we didn't want to continue doing that to help Gray step away from the mindset he is the body.

The third way is I can control the body. I don't want to go into tons of detail here, but in short I can write, speak, move the body's arms, etc. and communicate with Gray that way.

The other, less important query is this: Was Abigale a tulpa I created? Or was she just something i conceived for comfort?

Whether she's a tulpa or not is really something you have to figure out on your own. It's not uncommon for imaginary friends to later self-identify as tulpas, and lots of tulpamancers created because they wanted a companion and the comfort of having someone in their life who would understand them better than anyone else.

What happened next was perhaps the most vexing thing to happen in my life. I met a girl called Abigale, who had flaxen hair and teal blue eyes. She had the physical and mental charm of a 6 year old girl. She calmed me down during that flight. What was most perplexing was that she was the first one to introduce herself to me. She told me her name, I didn't do anything, I was simply to scared of the plane and its ephemera. Abigale of course was not real, I opened my eyes to try and find her among the seated passengers. No luck.

Huh, I wonder how vivid her form was to you, compared to you imagining a random person in your head. It's rare for tulpamancers to vividly hallucinate their tulpa from the start.

3 hours ago, T3412812 said:

Now, when I reached teenagehood,  the sporadic appearances of Abigale declined. And she simply left me. And I was quite vexed. My school grades began to drop, and I was sardonic and bitter for a while. I wasn't mature at all in that dealing, and I certainly frown upon that fit.

Gray didn't do well when I left him for 8 hours a couple years ago. We decided not to do that one again.

Like theholodoc said, you can probably find her again, and learning more about tulpamancy would help with that. At this point, the question is if you would want that, to share your life with someone else for the rest of your life.

I'm Ranger, Gray's/Cat_ShadowGriffin's tulpa, and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff.

My other headmates have their own account now.

Temporary Log | Switching LogcBox | Yay!

5 hours ago, T3412812 said:

Once you guys communicate with your tulpa through your made paracosm's, are you some sort of disemboweled voice? Or are you in there with them, with some sort of ephemeral body that mirror's your own appearances and apparel? 

Disembodied you mean.

I am somtimes watching from 'out here' but often I have my own avatar that I use to interact with them. It mirrors my own appearance except shorter because I would otherwise tower over them. Also I can shapeshift into other forms, most typically a large grizzly bear.

What Abigale is would depend strongly on who you ask or what you believe. She qualifies as a tulpa, a guardian angel, a dæmon, a spirit guide, or just a reflection of your feminine energy. In this community she's certainly a thoughtform, a walk-in because you didn't intentionally force her, but that says nothing as to how or why she came to you. That's entirely up to you to model.

My headmates are most certainly thoughtforms but so am I. When I deposess the body, we do not see anything different about each other, and their independence is not in question.

All my system could be considered something I conceived for comfort. They've been much more than that though.

Don't get too hung up on labels, you can bring her into your life and she can be a trusted friend and very useful.

Also, welcome!