Reason for Creating a Tulpa

FedoraFreak

Your reason  

372 members have voted

1. 1. Your reason

• I just feel alone and want someone (social)
    • I have a form of mental illness that might've affected my choice in the matter
    • I was curiost
    • I wanted help with a skill, trade, or training of sorts
    • Other

What are the average reasons people have tulpae for?

I just learned about tulpae today and read alot about it and it is quite an interesting concept.

But why do people do it?

I mean from the looks of it I see people who need company or who are too lonely, others wants to have sex with them *shivers* and those are pretty much what I saw.

What are your reasons?

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried searching but had no luck finding something similar :(

Sorry for a similar thread.

As for me I have friends so that not really a problem. I see the tulpa as someone who can understand you perfectly (obviously because it is your subconscious) and a gateway to old forgotten memories and such which is kinda great seriously. I'm an open minded person of nature and very patient but also somewhat lazy. Also unimaginative and I read that would slow down the process significantly but as I said I'm patient.

As for me I have friends so that not really a problem.

I have friends too, btw. That doesn't make a tulpa irrelevant. Most people don't have as deep a connection with their friends that is possible with a tulpa. Most married people don't even.

Besides, you can never have too many good friends.

Tulpa's name: April

Form: Human female

Working on: Stuff

My Progress Log

"A belief is not merely an idea the mind possesses; it is an idea that possesses the mind." ~ Robert Oxton Bolton

Besides, you can never have too many good friends.

"A friend to all is a friend to none."

-Aristotle.

^^

Not sure if you're agreeing with me or not, but what I was getting at is: even if you have irl friends, that doesn't mean there isn't room for a tulpa in your life.

Just for clarification. Also because I'm addicted to the Post button.

My Progress Log

"A belief is not merely an idea the mind possesses; it is an idea that possesses the mind." ~ Robert Oxton Bolton

^^

Not sure if you're agreeing with me or not, but what I was getting at is: even if you have irl friends, that doesn't mean there isn't room for a tulpa in your life.

Just for clarification. Also because I'm addicted to the Post button.

He was disagreeing. But it's more complicated than that.

Anyway, I truly believe that you can never have as close of a relationship with another human being as you could with a tulpa. So even though you have companions, this will serve as an eternal best friend. One whom you could never replace.

Also, tulpae can help with problems in real life. They can help you remember things that you otherwise wouldn't. They can help sort out priorities, and so forth. They're like any best friend, in that they will (if they were truly your friend) do what they can to help you. But tulpae have access to your memories, thoughts, etc, so they know you better than anyone could. And because of this, they know how to really help you.

There's surely plenty more, but those are good enough reasons for me...

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

^^ That's pretty much what I was getting at, but you did a much better job explaining it than I did.

My Progress Log