JD's Guide to Personality Forcing

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. Just like 100% of smokers die, 100% of non-smokers also die. You're fucked.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Why would you have to spend ten hours in the personality "stage"? You don't have to do anything. Other than die but eh, that happens when it happens.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Well I thought that's how much you should put in atleast to get a good tulpa personality. I've never forced before so how bout you go ahead and tell me what I should do to force a good tulpa?

There is no shoulds or musts. Personality is a step you can ignore if you want to. Hell, there's not really even steps you have to finish before you move onto another if you don't want to. There's no magical hour count that makes a difference between a "good" something and "bad" something when it comes to personality. Hell, personality if you're doing it the talking way is basically nothing but narration, which is what is believed to be the key to making them sapient. The only thing you basically have to do. They'll have a personality and no matter how much you try to force one on them, it just might not stick if it's not them.

You find your own way. Guides are just guides, not the rules you must follow. You gotta follow your heart, because you know what works the best for you and what doesn't. Not us.

I have a specific personality in mind and I'm afraid I might screw it up by like not spending a enough time on it or something. It's my first time really doing this so I don't really know how to go about it.

Again, personality is not something you can force on them if it doesn't stick. It might, it might not. It might change as they live and actually have experience of living a life and being with people. There's no screwing up.

Do it for however long you feel it needs, and whatever feels natural. Note: this cannot be determined beforehand. You have to simply personality force until you get "that feeling" that the stage is done. Also, you should do narration interspersed throughout this time, and if you have a form already set in your mind, you should do some visualization, too.

Don't worry about the personality or anything. Since you know what you're doing and have us to talk to, nothing is going to go wrong.

sapient

"Sapient" or "Sentient"? What's the difference?

Sentient and sapient are usually used to mean the same thing. I could cite some Wikipedia for you to show where I'm coming from.

Sentience: Sentience is the ability to feel, perceive, or be conscious, or to experience subjectivity. Eighteenth century philosophers used the concept to distinguish the ability to think ("reason") from the ability to feel ("sentience"). In modern western philosophy, sentience is the ability to experience sensations (known by the technical term "qualia").

>This is distinct from other aspects of the mind and consciousness, such as creativity, intelligence, sapience, self-awareness, and intentionality (the ability to have thoughts that mean something or are "about" something). Sentience is a minimalistic way of defining "consciousness", which is otherwise commonly used to collectively describe sentience plus other characteristics of the mind.

Sapience (redirects to wisdom, but has an entry for sapience): Sapience is often defined as wisdom, or the ability of an organism or entity to act with appropriate judgment, a mental faculty which is a component of intelligence or alternatively may be considered an additional faculty, apart from intelligence, with its own properties.

(and here's some wisdom if you want to think that sapience=wisdom): Wisdom is the judicious theory and application of knowledge. It is a deep understanding and realization of people, things, events or situations, resulting in the ability to apply perceptions, judgments and actions in keeping with this understanding. It often requires control of one's emotional reactions (the "passions") so that universal principles, reason and knowledge prevail to determine one's actions. Wisdom is also the comprehension of what is true coupled with optimum judgment as to action.

I would say many animals are sentient as they can obviously feel things. They can be in pain, they can enjoy sensations, hell, you have a friend of theirs die and you can see them acting what I would call sad and depressed. But I couldn't call animals sapient.