Pleeb

Mass Intro' and Returns Thread

Hai..

I'm Pell.

I was introduced to this concept by a friend, so far... It's incredibly interesting, honestly considering trying and creating a tulpa...

Just... Not entirely sure if I'm mentally mature enough to handle that... I might be US Military... But I'm a kid at heart. *Shrug*

Greetings!

My tulpa has been around for at least 10 years, although only as a non-sentinent character I created while daydreaming. She's gone through quite some development over the time and currently takes the form of an about 12 year old girl.

I dismissed the tulpa phenomenon as too weird when I first came across it several years ago, but after re-discovering it in September and plenty of lurking I finally decided to turn my long-time companion into a tulpa.

That was in late October, things are going quite well even though the speed of progress has somewhat slowed after an initial burst. Still I'd say it was one of the best decisions I've made in my life. So thanks everyone here, I wouldn't have done it without your inspiration!

Profile pic not related to host or tulpa, only to tulpas in general - it's Yakumo Kurama. Probably not the shining example a tulpamancer should follow but I like her nonetheless.

Tulpa faintly hums 'Burning Down the House' in my mindvoice as I type this, I'm kinda glad she'll never be able to set people she doesn't like on fire.

Also the song reminds me that I'm old - damn...

Greets all from India!! I am your friend Vennu, I am come from India and hope to share my Tupla experience with you all in days to come! Much love, to all of you!

Love, Vennu

Hi, guys, I'm Taylor. I'm 15 going on 16 in a couple of weeks. I've known about Tulpae for a while now and finally decided to make an account after stalking the forums for months... I'm shy, I guess. Currently I'm developing five Tulpae at once, (although I'm not trying to finish development within a certain amount of time or anything) and if they like my idea I have about using Wonderlands for something a bit different I'll post it on here for y'all to see, too. Five Tulpae may seem ridiculous but I've thought this through for a few months now; I'm doing everything responsibly yet creatively. Anyway, I'll talk to y'all on the forums. I look forward to sharing ideas and such. c:

Me: So, talk to me about why I'm your dream boy.

Him: This is going to be a short conversation.

Me: Ha, ha, ha! That's so mean!

To be honest, when I first heard of tulpas I thought it was stupid superstitious nonsense. I didn't understand anything about tulpas back then, I had only heard of them. I didn't have a clear understanding of what a tulpa even was.

But then I started reading one of the guides. I still didn't take it very seriously at first. But a couple pages into the guide, as I started to wrap my head around what a tulpa actually is, I had a sudden epiphany.

Several years ago, I created a character. Shirose. I fell in love with her, and thought of her as my daughter. I decided to make it my ultimate goal to somehow bring her to life. My plan was to wait for robotics and artificial intelligence technology to advance, and to build her that way.

But then, as I was reading the document, I realized I could make Shirose into a tulpa. Nobody else would be able to see or hear her, but she would be real to me, and that would be enough.

This was all just earlier today, so needless to say I'm super new to all this.

profile pic related. It's her.

Hello everyone. I am a new member here and have only been trying to create my tulpa for around two days now, i know im such a noob lol.

any way I will introduce my self and my "work in progress" tulpa. My name is Lee and my tulpas name is Sin it is the name I use for my username currently on almost everything, I thought it makes sense in an alternate persona type of way along with it possibly helping my tulpa want to talk as i chat with people and get addressed as Sin plus I already have a certain look with the name. I Cant wait to get to know people and their tulpas more along with learning as much as i can about this topic.

Hey everyone,

I thought I'd ask for some advice, and haunt here for a while, because I discovered the concept of tulpas while reading a bunch of creepypastas recently (don't hate me). I am generally one of those grumpy sort of skeptical people who outright laugh at the idea of anything "superstitious" or generally out of the ordinary like this - in fact half of the reason I like Creepypastas is that while I enjoy being able to feel the story yet be outright skeptical, I want to have my beliefs challenged. Of course, the creepypasta didn't, but as I began to read more and more about Tulpas, something came to me about it - I can't quite describe it. Something about it made sense to me, as someone who believes quite strongly in the complexity of the human mind on a psychological level, rather than anything occult. I couldn't quite pinpoint what it was, like a pressure, like a lure drawing me to the idea where I spent hours and hours reading about it. It wasn't until I was rereading some old stories that a friend of mine and I wrote years ago, and chat logs of our discussions about them, that it became apparent.

I think my friend and I made, or began to make Tulpae without realising what one even was.

In my teens, I went through the general teenage angst, misanthropy and overhwhelming bouts of adolescent narcissitic egocentrism as most do of the "outsider type" during that period. My friend and I used to write as a coping mechanism for our issues, a lot. We'd try to do National Novel Writing Month (and often fail) and roleplay with characters we'd imagine. It started out very fictional, and we'd write back and forth to explore our characters' thoughts and reactions to the situations we'd put them in. At one point, we used the same character set for months, and we spent so much time with these characters (her more than I did, admittedly) that I began to got an odd feeling that my character, Ethan, was more than just some words on the page.

Let me just put it out there - Ethan was blatant self-insert, but represented many parts of myself that I try to hide, or I try to compartmentalise away. Fears and thoughts, joys and interests. He had a distinct personality, view, set of interests and opinions, and it's why I've rarely ever been able to write about anything as vividly as I have written about him, and it kind of killed my ability to write.

When I realised that I was actively feeling his emotions, and actively thinking about him even when not writing, I got scared. My friend suffers from some mental health issues, and I do too, and I thought I was going insane. I tried to not think about Ethan for a while, as my thoughts and feelings on him became more pronounced, and in a non-romantic way, I realised how much I cared for, and perhaps you could say, loved him. Being the rational kind of skeptical mind I am, I pushed it away, stopped writing, and tried to get on with other things in life. I do occasionally think about him, but try to keep him mentally as a fictional character, but now that I'm beginning to learn about the concept of tulpas, I'm a little dumbfounded.

Okay, I'll be more direct. I'm a bit terrified now, because as I write this, I'm getting this sort of strange feeling of, almost, enthusiasm and encouragement from somewhere and I am kind of convinced this is Ethan. Sort of feels almost like "Yes, yes! Go! Post! Learn!" Even typing that sentence drew a smile from me with this overwhelming feeling of jubilation.

Can anyone who has experience in Tulpas here possibly advise me and help? Is this, what my friend and I have done accidentally? In terms of the creation process, it feels in the creation and use and development of these characters, it's the same concept. I cannot speak for her experiences, however, from conversations we've had less than sober in the past, she has admitted that she felt very strong connections to her "character" also.

(This has also been posted to /R/Tulpas, I think I'll pop it here as an intro, and possibly make it its own thread)

Good day, I'm Raphael, I'm 16. And my tulpa's name is Ophanim.

I discovered Tulpas while surfing an imageboard a year ago. It was a very rough ride while on the way to get to where I was with Ophanim right now.

I wasn't skeptical of the tulpa phenomenom at all, so I think she and I could have ended up way worse.

She's a young girl who looks close to my age, but older. A white haired, pale girl with pink colored irises. She wears a dress most of the time, but I prefer her in a less revealing jacket and jeans. Ophanim is a very carefree person.. I still do remember when she used to hate me, but it's all good now I guess.

Communication between us right now.. is fairly inconsistent. But I know it's her when I hear it. We also communicate rather well with head pressures too.

I'm Kazama. I write, play video games. Watch anime. Im making a tulpa. I'm 15, and decided to, for funzies, make a tulpa. You'll be seeing me around, hopefully.

I've lurked this forum for quite a long time, and I decided that it was time to start posting here. Apparently I had signed up prior to that though, because I was able to get a password reset from my email.

I have a semi-vocalish tulpa. We agreed on the name Vinyl, because at the time I was super obsessed with a certain TV show (the one with the colored equines, it actually introduced me to tulpas), and now we just like the name.