Constant Presence

Brassow

I am now back from my self exile with Jason... but so little progress has been made. He's only been in contact with me when I'm actively thinking about him or tulpa related stuff. Does anyone have any tips and/or can they point the way to a previously made guide?

-Brassow And Jason

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

I am now back from my self exile with Jason... but so little progress has been made.

What is this self-exile you speak of? I looked at your profile and your progress log says nothing about it.

The search button is pretty handy, it looks like someone else has asked this question before you.

Your profile says you are 14 years old, and most of the tulpa community regards that as too young to create a tulpa. Here is a quote from JDBar that explains it well:

"Tulpamancy should be approached with a mature mindset, anything less will fail to understand the weight of creating a sentient thoughtform. A message to thirteen-year-olds and those of similar age, you have not matured enough to create a tulpa. While you may be capable of acting mature for your age, you simply are not mentally developed yourself. Throughout your school years, you will continue to change as a person, discovering significant new things about yourself and others and forming new beliefs and opinions. Until you have a solid foundation for your own mind and personality, and are beyond the influence of crazy teenage hormones, it is irresponsible for you to take on the task of developing someone else's mind and personality."

What is this self-exile you speak of? I looked at your profile and your progress log says nothing about it.

Your profile says you are 14 years old, and most of the tulpa community regards that as too young to create a tulpa.

Look at THIS! WOAH! I simply cast away my progress log a long time ago.

Also, there is no need to be a dick about my age. I noticed you refused to show your age while I am honest.

It appears that the kindest people tend to have joined after 2013. *Cough you didn't Cough*

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Well this thread got real douchey real fast.

[align=center]Host: Mike "Redback"

Tulpa name: Deortabe

Appearance: Female deer with glittery hooves.

Begun: 04/09/14

Progress: Basic appearance starting to take shape, possible first signs of sentience.[/align]

That tends to happen when the older members see a chance to be rude.

Guest amber5885

Yeah dude I hate to say it but snapping at the seniors isn't a good idea. Dog may lack social skills at times but he's right and others will point it out to, 14 is too young but we can't stop you from doing a you wish. Just be prepared for constant warnings about your age and your maturity level.

Honestly, for all the posts I have read Brassow often seems more mature, but I digress. Lets keep this relevant shall we? I also have noticed that my tulpae tend to have a difficult time grabbing my attention when I am concentrating on something else. Its not a big deal since I tend to think its more them and not me.

Unless you believe, you shall not understand.

Guest amber5885

PS don't let Dog get to you. He can be rude, but he does give good advice. It's best not to let him get under your skin.

Also leaf: just because someone can act mature doesn't mean they Are mentally developed. I belive dogs post references that. Just because someone is well mannered for their age doesn't mean their mentally capable of taking on the responsibility. When i was 14 I was a completely Different person than I am now. That's the main issue. What he creates now may be something he hates later in life and oh we'll he's stuck with it.

Bottom line the ability to act mature doesn't make them ready.

I admit, I read his post to the point where I saw him make the assumption that the OP is young and thus automatically unqualified to have a tulpa. I did missed the whole mature versus mentally developed that you speak of. Regardless, this is the OP's thread and obviously he has a tulpa and has had one for some time. Why then provide advice, regardless of how good it may be, for something which isn't even part of the discussion?

Unless you believe, you shall not understand.

I'm trying to say that he is learning a lot of new things about the world at once, and creating and taking care of a conscious being completely on his own during that time is not a good idea. Imagine if your only parent was a 14 year old. Not only that, the 14 year old parent would raise you completely on his own, because he can't really tell people around him about you. This would be harmful to both the 14 year old and the tulpa.