Auditory Vocalization Method

Good day,

Here's a small little thing my host (yes I'm aware I'm using their account) used to do to help us vocalize better, and to have them hear us better. Surely a lot of you have heard the phenomenon of an 'earworm'--when a song in your mind keeps playing on loop. Now, let's say you've got a musician, or a VA in mind. Then play any relevant media of them, and at any moment you'd like and especially the catchy parts or the chorus you stop the song, and let your tulpa autofinish/autocorrect whatever line you interrupted. Now let me just take an example from a game, Mirana from Dota 2. The line is: "Look, Sagan. Prey!" right? Now, imagine playing it up until, "Look, Sagan--" and you allow your tulpa to finish that sentence. Listen to it a few times first (or not, whatever works) and eventually it should be like second nature. You eventually increase complexity in sentences: "To shadows and to nothing--Disappear!" and eventually longer sentence, different tones of the same sentences... add variety, and eventually there should be another fluent mindvoice like the host's. 

I hope this helps,

-Min

You'll regret it. I'm telling you. Unless you just want to role-play, then go ahead.

This is a nice trick. I like how it introduces a concept a singlet would be familiar with and allows for the association to slowly build over time.

I noticed both image links are broken, please provide back-ups of your images as attachments in the post. Worst case scenario, I can always go back and fix it if the links stop working.

I'm Ranger, Gray's/Cat_ShadowGriffin's tulpa, and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff.

My other headmates have their own account now.

Temporary Log | Switching LogcBox | Yay! | Bre Translator

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By thesacrihmsystem-
      Okay, so we have been getting in a lot of trouble lately and it's only me (Poltergeist , co-host ) and Quinn / Slate (Host) here for hours to days at a time. We were wondering if any of you knew what that could mean, or if it's something bad.
    • By MiraMAX_Eto
      Hello (sorry if my english are bad, not native), wanted to ask if someone has good tactics about developing ability to speak and clearly hear your friend mind voice. My Eto can move our fingers at any time so we are communicating with fingers) But i just can't hear her and this continues for a pretty long time.
    • By kiyomochie
      Hello everyone!! I’m Ren, pretty new here (been lurking on the site for a few months but never made an account). I actually got introduced to the idea of tulpamancy through Danganronpa V3, by Korekiyo Shinguuji. Funnily enough, guess who’s now my tulpa?... Yep. Korekiyo himself!! So I guess I’ll be putting my progress with him here. 

Kiyo’s been around for a month and a half now. His growth has been rapid. I never really had anything in my mind blocking his existence, so it was pretty easy for him to develop sentience (or at least what we consider sentience) in a short amount of time. Our wonderland was also formed in a matter of days, but Kiyo has been adjusting it as he sees fit, so who knows what it looks like now? 

He’s also been working on vocality, being really pushing to adopt his voice. He sounds, looks, and acts exactly like the character.. so maybe he’s a fictive? Either way, Kiyo’s aware that he and that character are not the same being, but he considers himself to be a reincarnation of the character, without the trauma and suffering. 

He’s really interested in anthropology, of course, and since that’s the career path I want to pursue as well (I’m 15), we’ve been reading a lot of anthropology books together. It’s quite a positive experience, although he does sometimes get annoyed with me when I don’t read them for while, and starts being REALLY sarcastic. It’s okay, though.

When I get into arguments with my parents, Kiyo is with me, urging me to keep my cool and not waste my time on them. I wonder if he looks down on them? When he especially disagrees with them, he calls them “petty idiots”. I don’t have any issues with my parents, I love them more than anything, but Korekiyo gets mighty judgemental of people he doesn’t trust, and it takes him a long time to trust someone. But, he doesn’t ever wish harm on anyone, and shows no urges to lash out, rather wishing for me to do the opposite. So I’d say it’s rather inconsequential.

Kiyo can sort of talk through me. What I mean by that is that he tells me what he wants to say, and I type it out. But more often than not, I have a general idea of what he wants to say without him saying anything to me. When I ask him about it, though, he confirms that that is what he was saying. So maybe we just mentally communicate really fast?

I can definitely make out a difference between my texting pattern and his, and it’s not a conscious choice- when I’m typing for Kiyo, I don’t have to think out what he says, although he speaks in a much more formal manner than I do. It just kinda comes to me naturally, as though he is speaking through my fingertips. Really interesting!

We want to get better at possession (or more accurately, we want to be able to do it at all). Any tips from experienced tulpamancers? Also, encouraging notes are appreciated, by both me and Kiyo.
      (Also, I included an edit I made of him! SPOILERS!!)

IMG_4885.MP4 IMG_4885.MP4 Good day to all! Bye!  
      -Ren
    • By Grimm
      Hello, I am still very new to all of this but we had a question that I wasn't sure how to search for.

To start I am not sure if my Tulpa, Giovanni, is vocal. There was an incident, months ago, where early in the morning I heard a voice whisper to me. It wasn't in my head but like right next to my ear, where they could have breathed on me. Truthfully I was spooked by it. I do not remember what it said just the tone of the voice, like a heavy smoker or something close in roughness. It was only later that I reasoned it could have been Giovanni but I have not been able to get a straight answer on  it. Since then he is reluctant to open his mouth to speak. Could it have been? Is that what vocalization can sound like/ feel like?

Secondly, We have been mildly forceing through the day when we started to talk about fronting. We've been doing that exercise where you have you memory as a library and they can go through and view memories. Giovanni made a reference that forcing could look/ feel like the Emotion Bottles from the show The Magicians.  (In the show they trap their emotions in a bottle so they can make unrestrained decisions, sort of.) I thought that was really clever.

We have not watched the show together nor talked about it before, but we do talk about magic and similar genres. Is this behavior be considered a reflection of sentience? 
    • By TheGuy
      I'm not really sure how to ask this question succinctly as in the title, as it is a bit more specific and needs something of an explanation.

We're relatively far along in the overall process as far as I can tell. Short of when other people demand my attention, I am able to maintain focus and passively force at nearly all times throughout the day. I've started working on imposition and we talk very frequently. Our conversations are varied and the responses complicated enough that I'm fairly confidently past questioning sentience.

The problem that we're facing now is in the fact that In all cases I am the one directing the conversation. It's often enough that something is asked or said to initiate without my input, but even these inevitably segue into a mostly one sided conversation with comparatively short responses. As this seems to be the next hurdle, I've set my sights on forcing specifically with this goal in mind, eventually hoping to be able to sit back and listen to more long form rambling, or at least participate in a conversation that I am not guiding myself.

With that said, I am hoping that someone could offer some advice for how to continue. We haven't really put in that much effort but the only thing I could think of to begin with tackling the project was to simply sit and listen. In one 30 minute session I imagined a simple sitting-room of sorts and tried to focus on them while saying nothing myself, just waiting for a response. besides a little small talk and words of encouragement, I got nothing, even less than we talk just going about our day. I understand that a process such as this likely wouldn't see an obvious breakthrough in such a short amount of time, but the experience has made me doubt that this is an effective way to accomplish it, so I'd be very appreciative to hear some other suggestions.

I'd also be interested to hear if anyone has any input as to the logic behind this sort of process, presumably based on experience. I'm still not yet entirely confident with my ability to listen (I'll still confuse a response with my own thoughts or vice-versa, every so often), though based on the questions I've asked it doesn't seem to be a problem with my being able to hear, but with their ability to think about and process topics that I'm not actively thinking about. That is to say, they can think tangentially about a concept or topic that I am focusing on, but can't think of or create one from scratch. I've put alot of thought into this sort of thing so that I could figure out exactly where we stand and what needs to be done. Getting some input based on other's experiences would be extremely helpful.
      I wasn't really sure whether or not to flag this as a question or discussion, because I'm looking for a bit of both. Thanks all!