How do I go about creating a Wonderland

Dervich

Hello, I've been lurking through the forums the past couple of days after learning about the subject on Tulpae and have been wanting to try this. Though before I get started on my Tulpa, I've been wondering what everyone has been doing to imagine their Wonderland? Is there a certain way that you go about it such as meditation, self hypnosis or just thinking about it?

Tea [Theta]: Start

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Albatross_

Just thinking about it.

Imagine a box. Now imagine the box opening. Imagine that you see a carrot inside.

What you just visualized, do on a large scale to make a world and voila! You have a wonderland.

• 2 months later...

I spent a few days thinking about what kind of wonderland I wanted, and decided I wanted something simple and easy to visualize, yet expandable later on. I settled on a one room cabin in the middle of a white void. After I decided on the basic idea, I imagined myself going inside and getting a good feel for the things inside it (table, chairs, walls, floor, etc.) by looking at them from every angle and running my hands over them. A few days of this and I'd expanded it to have two additional rooms and an outside environment.

So start small. If you want a house, start with just a living room with a few "locked" doors that you can open later once you've decided what should be behind them.

Mine's really simple: just a tower in the snow. Even the insides are barren. It's not that I don't have an imagination, but I really was not too concerned with its aesthetics; I just wanted something that functioned. Of course, once I make me tulpa I could add on--and it's important that I'm able to do so. As dash said, make sure it's expandable. I'm sure your tulpa could flesh it out in whatever way would please him/her most.

I came up with the idea by first thinking of a setting, then a building that would be appropriate for the area. A snowy area first came to me, so I rolled with it. I thought about what would look natural there and settled on a keep tower. Draw inspiration from other sources if you want. I did (Skyrim).

A wonderland is a visualization that can be as simple or complex as you make it. Think daydreaming.

My wonderland is a hut in the middle of a snowy forest. The hut is about bedroom-sized. Outside is a clearing in the forest of pine trees around my hut, and the forest is largely unplanned/open to self-creation. Think of HotDiggedyDemon's short. Let me get the name of it.....

I think it's called The Northern Incident.

Mine is a small room with white floors, black walls, a window, a TV, a beanbag-chair and a portal to my subconscious. To get in there, I sit down, relax and meditate for a bit. Then I imagine that I get up from where I'm sitting, walk around and then do something, like open a window or pick up an item. Then I imagine ripping off a piece of the wall or air, so an electric portal come up. I jump in there, and it goes to my wonderland. Sometimes even doing things loads my wonderland, one time I jumped out the window, I fell straight through the concrete and into the room.

I used to suck at imagining, especially if it was a controlled kind. Start off small and simple, practice often. It'll get better eventually.

Name: Philip

Form: Male teenage human, light brown hair, green eyes, jeans & hoodie

Name: Amalia

Form: Female teenage fairy, black hair, blue eyes, white dress

My wonderland really just appeared suddenly when I wanted to make one, almost like a sudden picture, or a memory. Now it's a house that's too big and too small for Shin, Hash, Lucifer and I.

My opinions are all subject to change.

• 2 weeks later...

My wonderland appeared slowly, starting as a tiny "throne room" which then grew bigger, eventually into an entire palace, complete with bedrooms, an armory, kitchen, dining hall, etc. We plan on adding a desert/oasis around the palace, for adventuring. So, basically, just start small, and build onto it.

I created a "wonderland" before I encountered tulpae. I developed it as a mental refuge in therapy for severe anxiety problems, and I only use it when I panic. I do not use a wonderland for my tulpa, but here is the process I used.

Sit down, breathe slowly and deeply, and imagine a place where you feel completely comfortable. It could be based on a real place, or it could be completely imaginary. It could be fantastical or real - wherever you feel most comfortable. Imagine how it looks, how it feels, how it smells and how it sounds. Walk around in your wonderland and explore it, deciding where to put things as you walk.

For your tulpa, you will need to develop your wonderland in order to have facilities. What kind of facilities you choose to have is up to you. I have no kitchen or bathroom in my wonderland, though there are stables with horses. Many people choose to have a library and a television. Some decide to make plans and architectural drawings, others can contain their wonderlands in their heads. It's very much up to the individual.

I found that my wonderland developed very quickly and vividly because of the simplicity of its layout and the intensity of the emotions I felt at the time, but take your time on it. These things are different for everyone.

Guest Anonymous

I'm making a map in social studies, it'll be of my Wonderland.

Either that ↑, or I'm going to outdoor ed ssoon, my wonderland will be based off of there. What sucks is that I wont be online for a few days.