Calling all who have attempted aromantic tulpas...

Yori

Were you successful in creating a tulpa with no orientation?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Were you successful in creating a tulpa with no orientation?

• Yes, I was. My tulpa has no desire to be with any SOs..
    • Nope. My tulpa wants to be with me or someone else in a romantic way.

This question is for people who have attempted to make tulpas that don't have an orientation - no desire to be with men, women, or anything else, romantically. I would say asexual, but that might cause people to answer with their tulpas capable of romance, which I don't want either. I also don't care if a tulpa has a libido anyway.

I wanted to ask this question because I want to try to form a tulpa that won't have any romantic attachments or physical attraction to people. I don't want a tulpa to go through wanting to be with people through my body, because with my current relationship it's not possible. I also don't want to have to worry about being judged by my looks but I don't know if that'll solve that. I don't "wake up like this" all the time. It's my damn eyebrows...

Anyway...

Yeah.

If you were successful, can you detail the entire process below? ^^

My lip hurts.

Guest amber5885

You can't control a tulpas sexuality or romantic orientation much like you can't control a persons sexual or romantic attractions.

This is widely regarded a fact in the tulpa community

Elise is aromantic, I can't really say she's asexual anymore but for the first couple years of her life she decided to go with that whole thing as well. I don't really have a process, but it miiiight be worth mentioning that I tried to get her to embody my inner child, so that likely explains why she has no desire to be in a romantic relationship with anyone.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Guest amber5885

The point of a tulpa is that they are there own people. You can instil certain traits in them much like teaching a child how to read or share with others but a large part of what makes a tulpa a tulpa is their individuality and free will.

Only Reisen and Flandre could be considered "romantic" tulpas, for me. Tewi, Lucilyn, Sylvia(subconscious-interface tulpa) and Scarlet(split from Flandre) aren't interested in anyone really. But there's still a familial love with Tewi and Lucilyn, if you count that. (Sylvia is emotionless and Scarlet.. bounces between neutral/annoyed at best)

Edit: Wait, you're afraid of your tulpa falling in love with someone in real life? That's.. very very rare when not encouraged. None of my tulpas crush on a dancer I idolize, who is male and often does videos shirtless. It's just never even crossed my mind, or theirs. I would definitely not worry about it.

(Literally, worrying about it can subconsciously affect the outcome..)

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Yeah, I never tried to make Fenchurch aromantic, but I think she turned out that way.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

You can't control a tulpas sexuality or romantic orientation much like you can't control a persons sexual or romantic attractions.

This is widely regarded a fact in the tulpa community

Sure, but I was trying to see and judge for myself how successful people are in planning that out as a personality trait just like any other trait. I haven't actually heard anecdotes where it did or didn't work out.

Only Reisen and Flandre could be considered "romantic" tulpas, for me. Tewi, Lucilyn, Sylvia(subconscious-interface tulpa) and Scarlet(split from Flandre) aren't interested in anyone really. But there's still a familial love with Tewi and Lucilyn, if you count that. (Sylvia is emotionless and Scarlet.. bounces between neutral/annoyed at best)

Edit: Wait, you're afraid of your tulpa falling in love with someone in real life? That's.. very very rare when not encouraged. None of my tulpas crush on a dancer I idolize, who is male and often does videos shirtless. It's just never even crossed my mind, or theirs. I would definitely not worry about it.

(Literally, worrying about it can subconsciously affect the outcome..)

Eh? Really? I figured a tulpas chances of being interested in people, other tulpas, etc were about the same as anyone else's if you left it alone. Tons of people seem to be dating their tulpas or have tulpas interested in them, for instance.

The point of a tulpa is that they are there own people. You can instil certain traits in them much like teaching a child how to read or share with others but a large part of what makes a tulpa a tulpa is their individuality and free will.

That's just it. I don't want them stuck with a will to have something I can't give them. I can't give them my romantic attention, or anyone else's, for that matter.

My lip hurts.

Eh? Really? I figured a tulpas chances of being interested in people, other tulpas, etc were about the same as anyone else's if you left it alone. Tons of people seem to be dating their tulpas or have tulpas interested in them, for instance.

Well, keep in mind I was talking mostly about non-host relationships, ie. tulpas falling in love with people you know. As for yourself...

That's just it. I don't want them stuck with a will to have something I can't give them. I can't give them my romantic attention, or anyone else's, for that matter.

Not to uh.. imply anything here.. But I'm willing to bet the majority of people who are romantically involved with their tulpas wanted a relationship like that, at least subconsciously. Not specifically with the tulpa they were creating, but just in general.

As for in the specific case of creating a tulpa, I feel like this isn't too different from real life. You could be a straight male who's made a female friend, who has the potential to be in a relationship with you, and stay just-friends. If it ever comes into question, you simply state outright that you aren't interested in that type of relationship, and that you'd like to keep it strictly platonic.

To be fair, the tulpas I've created without any thought in mind of being romantically involved with have shown zero interest themselves. Tewi, Lucilyn and I share a familial love, but that's it. With Reisen it was obvious from the start our relationship was based on love. And Flandre, though she didn't want to interfere with my and Reisen's relationship, was also sort of made to be emotionally close to me. (Or rather, close to my emotions, as that was her purpose, whereas Reisen's was love, Tewi's was intuition and Lucilyn's was motivation) If I hadn't had the social conditioning of "Monogamy is the only way" back then, it would've been obvious that Flandre always liked me. Now, though our relationship is much less involved than my and Reisen's, we don't worry about that type of thing and just let things happen naturally. My tulpas all share a base familial love, Flandre is.. Well I just asked her, and she blushed at the realization I was making this post. I've never seen that before so that can be its own answer. And Reisen is practically my significant other, though not taking the place of any potential real-life person.

Long story short, in my experience your relationship to your tulpa is easier to deal with than your relationships to those you meet in real life. You never know when you might fall in love with someone you randomly happen to meet

(trust me)

, but with tulpas since you literally share a mind, they're often more willing to act in your interest. I think if your tulpa knew you weren't ready/willing to have a relationship with them, they would move away from that possibility. Because tulpas are dang understanding... Because they literally live in your mind. They know what's up.

WHYAMISTILLAWAKE I should not have clicked this thread after your last one >_<

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.