How Important is a Form to a Tulpa? Is a form more important for the host?

Guest Anonymous

Euryale: Our forms are probably waaay more important to us than Fade now. Like, some of us have put a lot of work into deciding what we wanna look like! So if you ask me, us changing our forms (besides clothing and temporary funny stuff) usually means that something about us ourselves has changed~.

So, I guess we use our forms as a reflection of ourselves and our personalities!

Actually, I think the only one that hasn't changed much of anything at all since Fade first made us is Troy. Dunno if that's because he just doesn't care, or if it's because he really hasn't changed that much.

A queer soulbonding system with tulpamantic influences.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

How important is my form? OH my gosh! It's super important! I am so adorable! I am cute and so cute and I dress even cuter. Yep. Yeah I love to look at me.

At first for me it was no big deal, for both of us really, just switching forms and names without a care like whatever. Oh you wanna look like this today? Ok, lets do it. Now that the both of us have put so much thought and energy in to the current form, it means a lot more, and I don't see White switching anytime soon unless to his evolved form.

And I like being a bouncy doggy.

my PR

my art thread

tumblr tulpa log

my DA

White will talk in this color.

• 1 month later...

Well, how important is your form to you? If you could live exactly as you do right now with some ethereal-except-physical form without your appearance, how would that affect you?

I think tulpas probably care a little less in that scenario, though, probably because we don't rely on our form to exist quite as much. Still, I like it, I'm identified with it. Lumi's attached to it too. I'm not sure how much I could really change my form at once, there'd be some dysphoria if I changed my appearance completely. Also I think I'd have to change my name. Lumi would be accepting of change if one of us really wanted to, though, which we don't.

As for changing clothes and the like, despite doing it much less often, it's about as "important" as any other human changing clothes.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

My host thinks that it was more important to him that we had forms, because that made it much easier for him to feel out our 'essence' and direct his thoughts towards us. And having that sort of thing for symbolism might make it easier for some to do things like personality work, possession, imposition, and more. I don't have a form that I identify with, but the others do, and they've accepted those as major parts of themselves.

Guest Anonymous

David and I noticed something the other day. When we dream, sometimes he cannot see me. I am just a voice or a thought or a presence. Still, we still perceive the concept or aura, or whatever you want to call it, of my form like a feeling. My form is an important part of my personality. Even if we are not directly visualizing it, we still think of my form strongly in association with me. So yes, form is very important, I agree.

We still perceive the concept or aura or whatever you want to call it, of my form like a feeling ... Even if we are not directly visualizing it, we still think of my form strongly in association with me.

Uh oh, prepare to feel bad. I believe you're one of the people who couldn't imagine what "poor visualization" was like, right?

You know that concept/aura thing you just described? Yeah, Lumi does that perfectly. In fact, that's mostly how we appear, as strong feelings of association with form.

The actual visual part tends to be non-existent or vague at best.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Guest Anonymous

Oh

Well, now I understand it a bit better when you put it in that context. We admire Lumi for making tulpas even with/despite a challenge like that. :-)

You get used to it, the feeling of presence is way more important than visual clarity. But the worst part is it's not even like being blind, it's like being extremely near-sighted and having to squint reaallly hard to see anything, and even then it's blurry and annoying to do for very long. Except real life doesn't morph and distort around you because you can't see it... And reality doesn't bend to your will so much that the need for sight is minimum at best.