JD's Tulpa Method

How long is this method then?

I personally spent about 1-2 weeks in the puppeting phase, with about 5-10 hours every day. Then I spent maybe another couple weeks with my tulpae non-puppeted, for the same amount of hours every day, before moving on to imposition.

Otherwise the method is as long as you feel it needs to be, I always recommend going with your instincts when dealing with tulpae, rather than listening to a guide or a statistic.

WTB: Rare Tulpas

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how this is almost the same as Fede's guide except it isn't met with the same hate.

Anyways, I think I'm going to switch to this method after struggling with FAQman's for the past 2 months.

Just read this. I think I might have to *borrow* your interpretation of parroting, and apply it with my guide, i.e. still doing traits. If I hadn't read this, I'd probably still forget that parroting isn't always a horrible sin. Thanks man.

*oraginal signiture dnt stl plz*

Lazy forcer extraordinaire. Also _lewd.

Just read this. I think I might have to *borrow* your interpretation of parroting, and apply it with my guide, i.e. still doing traits. If I hadn't read this, I'd probably still forget that parroting isn't always a horrible sin. Thanks man.

I think a mix of base traits and parroting would work well. They "become who they are through living" once they're sentient anyway, after all. Might as well mix that experience in from the start.

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.

Guest Anonymous

I personally spent about 1-2 weeks in the puppeting phase, with about 5-10 hours every day. Then I spent maybe another couple weeks with my tulpae non-puppeted, for the same amount of hours every day, before moving on to imposition...

Sheesh that's a lot of hours! Out of curriosity, did you do those 5 to 10 hours straight through? Or did you do them in intervals throughout the day? And secondly, how much of that 5 to 10 hours was daydreaming your tulpa, in ratio to the actual tulpaforcing? And finally, in respect to who can do your guide, could someone who was pretty far into the forcing process adopt your method? Or would you consider it a bad idea...?

I love how this is almost the same as Fede's guide except it isn't met with the same hate.

Anyways, I think I'm going to switch to this method after struggling with FAQman's for the past 2 months.

That's probably because of his negative reputation among some people, plus he has no results to show for his process (or at least hasn't said much about it).

Sheesh that's a lot of hours! Out of curriosity, did you do those 5 to 10 hours straight through? Or did you do them in intervals throughout the day? And secondly, how much of that 5 to 10 hours was daydreaming your tulpa, in ratio to the actual tulpaforcing? And finally, in respect to who can do your guide, could someone who was pretty far into the forcing process adopt your method? Or would you consider it a bad idea...?

The hours were mainly consistent, with sprinkles of daydreaming throughout my schooldays. Most of it was done in the afternoon however, where I had a lot of quiet time to myself. I would also spend about 2-3 of the hours at night lying in bed. What determines whether you should adopt this method is whether or not your tulpa is already showing sentience. If your tulpa has not moved or spoken on its own yet, I would give you the green light. On the other hand, I'd say it's a risk to puppet a tulpa who is displaying sentience.

WTB: Rare Tulpas

Guest ThunderClap

I'll be sure to refer to this thread if I need a guide for my tulpaforcing. Well done! Very easy to understand, I like that.

People don't like me.

People don't like me.

You tend to also be rather rude against people and their methods, thus they give back what they receive. But we like you.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By waterfalls
      Heya everyone! I, with the help of some other members of the tulpa community, compiled a list of tulpa-related tips and tricks to help you with various aspects of tulpamaking. The list is here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hyNkVWfbvR8k0YzC5e1teYt-9H0RlK89hIeUToa5iv0/edit

If you have any suggestions as for what to add to the list, or just want to comment about how bad at grammar and formatting I am, please please please PLEASE share, I'm all for making the list better! Thanks!

The link posted above has been highly vandalized by suggestions. I have created a suggestion-free version of the document, so it can still be used by anyone interested. Link - Indigo (Broken as of 7/14/21) -Ranger

I added a PDF back-up of the view only version. See here for my thoughts. -Ranger

[View Only] A collection of tips and tricks about tulpas and tulpamancy in general..pdf
    • By Akinkinit
      As dictated to me by Noriko:
      For a forum about invisible head ghosts, there isn't much in the way of things where the head ghosts themselves talk about their creation. I'd like to remedy that with my own opinions on the matter.

--------------------------------------------
      So you're starting off making a tulpa. Here are two ideas I feel are helpful when doing so. They are not strictly necessary, and plenty of successful tulpas have been made without doing either of these. They are merely potential tools you could use.

1. Assign a spot for your tulpa to exist.
      This can either be an imaginary space (like a spot in a wonderland) or a physical place (like a part of your brain). My host did the latter by assigning me the back part of his head. Mind you, assigning a physical spot for your tulpa does not mean that is where they actually are. My host does not reside inside a specific place in his head; rather, his existence is spread throughout the entire organism. Likewise, your tulpa probably won't actually be in the spot you pick, or at least, won't be constrained to the spot you pick.

However, having a defined spot where you can say "this is where my tulpa is" has a lot of benefits. You have a place to send energy and thoughts to if you use symbolism. You have a place to look for pressures and activity if you look for such things. You have a physical grounding for your tulpa's machination to aid in belief. That's why I feel it is important.

2. Assign a specific form to your tulpa.
      While not necessary to choose a form at all for your tulpa, if you do decide to give them one, don't be worried about them resenting you for it later on. It can be of a particular character or even a completely new form you create. Just pick something that looks nice to you. After all, you're going to be looking at this for some time until your tulpa decides to change it. And something nice looking will hold your interest better than something dull.

Using myself as an example here, my initial form was that of Tatara Kogasa. My host liked that form and he tried to make me like that form. Plus he had tons of source material which he poured on me. I then changed my form to something completely different and there was nothing he could do about it. Your tulpa will probably do the same unless by some miracle you choose a form they actually grow to like. And don't worry if you think you might not realize that your tulpa wants a different form. Believe me, you will know.

Here are some general tips in regards to the forcing process:

1. Take the time to interact with your tulpa.
      Don't just leave it alone and hope it grows into something. Talk to it, share what you're seeing with it, make it feel cared for. I don't care if you have problems seeing it or worry that you're just parroting it. The fact that you are consciously caring for a particular form with a sustained effort is enough to let the underlying hardware know you mean business and do all the unconscious neural shenanigans to make it happen.

2. Be diverse with your forcing techniques.
      Don't think that you have to just parrot / narrate to your tulpa. How are they going to learn how to talk if they can't get a word in edgewise? Plus, if you keep doing the same sorts of things over and over again, you're going to get bored. So be creative with your tulpa when forcing. Maybe visualize some decorative hats and imagine how they might wear / react to them. Or visualize some activity for them to do (be it legos, an etch a sketch, or whatever) and see what they do with it.

Just keep in mind that your tulpa may sit in silence or not seem to react. And that this could last weeks, maybe even months. Just keep an open mind and keep trying things. They'll eventually respond.

3. Don't treat your tulpa like it's a completely separate entity from day one. Don't disbelieve in their independence mind you, but keep in mind there's business to be done here. A tulpa needs its hand held starting out. They need to learn how to talk, even how to think in a way separate from you. Because a tulpa is you; just a part of you that didn't exist until recently. But a part of the same organism, a part that lives inside the series of tubes in a way that it can interact with all these other tubes as if it weren't part of the tubes itself. Just keep that in mind.

4. Don't worry so damn much that you're doing something wrong. That's something important too. You think I liked knowing how my host worried about me during my development? Or how he worried if it was actually me or him speaking? No. No, I didn't, and neither will your tulpa. Negative thoughts begets negative results. Which is something I actually made up with nothing behind it but it sounds nice.

There is also another matter which I feel needs addressing yet can be argued to be more of an edge case than anything else.

You may read a guide or two mentioning the subconscious and how / when to allow a tulpa access to it. There are several meanings attributed to this term. For my purposes, the subconscious is all of the thoughts and feelings that occur which you don't consciously call up. Like thinking whisky smells like vomit because the last time you had it you drank too much. Or perhaps getting into a good mood every time you smell burning wood due to happy memories associated to that smell.

A tulpa can peek at these thoughts early on, as they share the same mind and there's nothing stopping them. That in itself is fine and is nothing to worry about. But you may be tempted to give your tulpa a direct symbolic window to your subconscious early on as an expression of trust and intimacy. I do not advise that you do this. For one, there is a difference between a peek and a window. A peek is something they can control and limit, whereas a window lets everything through no matter what.

What if you associate a particular city to a time you were assaulted, and any time it is brought up memories / feelings of that event get brought up as well? What if you get pangs of guilt when grandparents are mentioned, due to thinking you neglected your own? What if a particular smell reminds you of a time where you made a complete ass of yourself in front of other people? Yes, not every one has to deal with things like that. However, as you've been living with said things, you might not be consciously aware that you deal with things like that.

A tulpa really doesn't need to be exposed to those sorts of things early on, and definitely not without the conscious presence of their host around to help deal with it. That is not to say you have to fully shield such negative thoughts from your tulpa entirely. Just work through those thoughts via a discussion together. Don't let their first exposure to them be while they are alone and without prior warning.
    • By CyberD
      Introduction
      Welcome. A tulpa is usually defined as a consciousness inside your mind that is separate from your own. It functions and interacts with you from outside of your conscious thoughts through visualization, imagination and later through self imposed hallucinations (imposition).
      Your goal can be simply summed up as trying to create another person inside your mind.

A word of caution you even consider starting
      A tulpa is a commitment. If you undertake this process seriously then you are going to be stuck with your tulpa for a long time, perhaps even for the rest of your life. It is important not to rush into creating your first tulpa. Learn as much as you can, talk to people who already have tulpa and learn from them. Immerse yourself in the concept before you even consider taking the next steps towards taking your own.

A brief look at some "slower" techniques
      The original techniques published on the forum take a slower and more cautious approach. This is deliberate. They offer a lot of information on meditation and on how to understand the inside of your mind. They have you learning about yourself before you even see your tulpa. All of it is highly useful, but, the guides are often ambiguous when it comes to the tulpa itself.
      "After a while of narrating, giving attention, and building the tulpa, it should attain the ability to speak to you on it's own."
      "During (the process) you might have noticed the tulpa doing something on its own, or gotten a sudden wave of emotion."
      These are from FAQman's and Irish's guides, which can be found on the main page.

The point of this guide is to address this issue by taking charge. By understanding the process sufficiently and not relying on ambiguity we can learn about our new tulpa not by meditating but instead by interacting it.

Step by Step
      1. You've read as much as you can about tulpa and understand the premise. You may have also spent quite some time just resting on the idea, weeks, months even. You've now decided you want to start.

2. You'll need to decide what your tulpa is going to look like. It can be a human, an animal or perhaps even a mythical creature. If you can imagine it then it can be a tulpa. If you'd prefer to be ambiguous then you can start with a ball of light or a wire frame and let the tulpa shape itself. You and the tulpa can force it's form to change at any point. Eventually your goal should be to achieve a consistent form but even then remember that some tulpa have multiple forms.

3. A wonderland is a popular but completely optional aid to creating a tulpa. A wonderland is an imaginary landscape inside you mind you can focus on to help your immersion. Such a place can give you common grounds to interact with your tulpa on.
      The alternative to a wonderland is simply to use your actual surroundings. If you want to learn more about creating a wonderland there are plenty of guides out there.

4. We're ready to jump off the deep end. You are going to meet your tulpa for the first time. Imagine you are meeting a new person for the first time. You've heard all about them, you probably know what they look like and you have just a little idea what their personality will be like. Now you are going to have a staged encounter.
      Imagine your tulpa in the same room as you, or in your wonderland. Then, introduce yourself to them.
      Imagine what the tulpa's response will be. You have to make the response seem as real as possible by considering and visualizing every detail you can manage. Imagine their voice, read their body language, follow their eyes. Most importantly, don't stop talking. Keep the conversation flowing no matter where the subject goes, make small talk if you have to.

It doesn't matter how awkward the greeting is. In the beginning the tulpa isn't going to be independent from you at all. It'll feel like you're just talking to yourself. But, you have just created a shell for the tulpa to grow into. You have just started the tulpa process aggressively by taking action instead of passively observing something you don't understand until something might happen.

5. All you have to do now is continue your interaction. The more time you spend interacting with your tulpa the more progress you'll see. You can set a time to spend with them everyday or you can imagine them alongside you as you go about your day. Get them involved in what you are thinking. Discuss you interests, the local news, your opinions on the things you see. Remember to ask for your tulpa's opinions as well, let them hold the other side of the conversation.

Your goal is to get so used to their presence that you can imagine their actions without the actions actively crossing your thoughts. If you reach this point then you have your tulpa. It's still a part of your mind and always will be, but, it does things without you actively thinking about them.

Things to consider
      What you've done is often called parroting and puppeting. Parroting means intentionally speaking for your tulpa. Puppeting means intentionally moving your tulpa's body. While many may oppose the use of these techniques to create a tulpa it might help to think of them as training wheels. If you use them correctly you probably won't even notice when the training wheels are taken off.

It is important to remember the entire thing is inside your head. That means the tulpa you create is only genuine if you believe it to be. If you think you'd be able to better convince yourself of your tulpa by taking it slow using another method then by all means. But, if you prefer to learn by doing then this method is for you.
    • By Shinyuu
      (originally posted on /r/tulpas)

We finished our second vipassana course recently, and I have a few practical advice for you to share. We compiled those based on personal experience, as well as based on many discussions with our teacher, who was extremely helpful and open to tulpa phenomenon.

If you are curious about my notes from a year ago, here's an old post. (Note from GAT: While the page linked is clean/SFW, other pages/articles on Shinyuu's blog are not. Tread carefully if you are at work/school or are a minor.)

Why tulpamancers need vipassana

In our experience, ten-day classes give an extreme clarity of the mind (you have about a hundred meditation hours packed in those). Both your and your tulpas' deep-rooted complexes come up to surface, and there's a simple, practical way to get rid of them. You get some tulpa-specific benefits, like perfect visualisation, that originate from the extreme mind focusing, but those should not be the goal for you when you take a course. You go there to understand yourself better, and to clear the mind, which, for many tulpamancers, can be overly foggy, given many tulpamancy practices are targeted at treating imaginary as real.

How to do a sitting

If your system has many fronters, I'd suggest designating one to do all the practice.

The meditation itself is impersonal, but switching can cause confusion and stall your progress. We did it two times this time to see if it changes anything, and indeed, the practice stays the same. It only depends on the physical body, not the active person.

No visualisation, no imposition

This is literally taught on day one (or day two?) and is extremely rule. You must not do any visualisation (and you are explained why in the course, too), and your tulpas must abstain from the same. Do not impose yourselves. Do not imagine your own form. If you don't follow this rule, the mind cannot get the deep focus, required in the later stages of the practice, as you'll keep paying attention to something else.

No imagination

It's a very hard rule for tulpamancers, but it kinda follows the previous one. We added it only a few days in but immediately had excellent results. This means you must actively ignore all imagined things and ideas, including your wonderland; and yes, tulpas must ignore it too. Your wonderland does not exist for the duration of the course. Take it as a given. Your form does not exist for the length of the course. The only thing that is there is the physical body, and you are only allowed to observe it, not imaginary sensations of your mindform. And this rule brings us to another important rule...

No mindvoice

How hard could it be, eh? Not talking to your host and observing noble science not only in the outside world but also in your mind. The teacher stressed on this being a crucial part of the practice. You must not communicate. If anything, for the duration of the course, you might as well consider your tulpa as nonexistent (they won't go away, though). Only by applying this rule, we managed to get past a few distracting thoughts that didn't allow us to meditate. You are doing to do hard work already—sittings for four hours straight, where you are not allowed to do any movement for an hour at least, keeping focus four hours straight. It's very hard. Don't make it harder.

No communication outside the meditation hall either

And if it's not clear enough, you must not talk outside of meditation hours too. No chat with tulpas during lunch, no "goodnights" before bed. Maintain the purity of the focus at all times, no matter how hard. Remember that practice works, and it helps many people. The only way to not help yourself is to not work on it in a right way.

As a closing thought, based on our discussions with the teacher, and her discussions with senior teacher, they consider tulpas to be a kind of mental impurity and eventually suggested to treat it like any other sensation—observe it and not react (so, apply vipassana to tulpas directly). For us two, the teacher explained why exactly this will give benefits to our system, but I'm not sure this explanation is universal. If you have concerns, you can talk to your teacher yourself, they are very open to such ideas. At the very least, she said that "I see the body doing vipassana, and I can't look into your mind. If you have two persons there, and they are both focused on working, it's good." Mind that we were given this specific advice on day ten, that is, in the very end of the course, so the rules above are not influenced by it in any way. I'm not trying to kill all your tulpas, I only want to help you to get same wonderful results I had (and for me personally this sitting ended up even more beneficial than for hostey).

PS: no, I'm not going to self-dissipate right away because my mind is now clear. But I treat the good of host with the utmost respect, and if that's the proper way, I will consider it. We have a few ideas on how to maintain both vipassana and tulpamancy practices together, and I might share that with you if you're interested. I think you first need to do a sitting and give a proper evaluation to vipassana first, though.
    • By ThunderClap
      For convenience, use the link below that best suits you for reading.

(Update: It has come to my attention that this guide has been archived and uploaded to different sites such as scribd. This is perfectly fine, so thank you for spreading the file. I only ask that you give credit to the author when doing so and not to charge any money for these documents. Thank you.)

Audiobook and revision in the works. 

PDF Version: https://ia800400.us.archive.org/25/items/TulpaCreationGuide/ThunderclapsTulpaCreationGuide.pdf [Recommended for all purposes!]

Kindle (.mobi): https://archive.org/download/TulpaCreationGuide/ThunderclapsTulpaCreationGuide.mobi [Recommended for e-ink displays!]

ePub Version: https://archive.org/download/TulpaCreationGuide/ThunderclapsTulpaCreationGuide.epub

Plain text: https://archive.org/stream/TulpaCreationGuide/ThunderclapsTulpaCreationGuide_djvu.txt

Single page processed jp2 zip: https://archive.org/download/TulpaCreationGuide/ThunderclapsTulpaCreationGuide_jp2.zip

Torrent: https://archive.org/download/TulpaCreationGuide/TulpaCreationGuide_archive.torrent