Anyone Noticed Any Particular Quirks Of Tulpas Based On Something?

EdgeLordMaximus

It's just a general question for people who based their tulpa on characters, or people with factives, if I'm remembering the terms meaning right. I know a significant amount of people with character tulpas in the tulpa community at large and figured I'd ask if anyone else noticed quirks relating specifically to that demographic of tulpas. I know Pinkamena certainly has a quirk or two related to being based off of something.

Ember: Overall, I'm the quirky one, actually, and Vesper asks me about the odd things I do. But I can think of one.

In Vampire: the Masquerade, fire causes Kindred to feel primal dread. This never once came up during the campaign in which Vesper originated, but almost every time I use the gas stove, she warns me to be careful or asks me to stand farther back from the fire. Since we started working on imposition, she won't go within about six feet of the stove when it's lit and usually stays on the other side of the room. Today we discovered that the six foot rule also applies if we're switched; she absolutely has to call me back in if the flame level needs to be adjusted.

Sigh. I, on the other hand, have always liked watching fire and feeling it's warmth.

Vesper: Over time, I've come to view Ember's quirks as less odd and more endearing.

I suppose my issue with fire can be called a quirk, and it's definitely a legacy of my origin, but it's straight up a phobia, and getting worse the more heavily I invest in the physical world. I know the stove fire isn't going to reach out and grab me, just as I know it can't harm an imagined form. But when a large image of a fire popped up on the telly, my distress was great enough for Ember's companions to ask her what was wrong even without me fronting. I may eventually have to confront and diminish my fear for the good of the system, but I'm a little reluctant to abandon something that is a legitimate part of my past.

Oh, and don't get me started on sunlight.

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

Matsuri is based on an anime character. One quirk she has is her voice. When she receives a statement and have nothing to say about it, she just gives me a "Oh!" in different forms. Not sure if that can be considered a quirk.

Hello. I'm Xar, and I'm the original host of this system.

I share this head with Matsuri and Kurisutina

Progress Report | Vibe with our system 

Two of my tulpas, if not all three, were fictives of my own creation. As it turned out they were doppelgangers and not the actual characters (as is usually the case.) I can still call up the originals and talk to them.

No quirks that I can tell.

Terminology

FACTIVE

A system member who arrives in the system with the form, personality, and possibly psychological backstory (e.g. memories) of an outerworld person, whether a relative, a celebrity, or even a near-stranger. In clinical terminology, a factive would be considered a type of introject. Similar to fictive.

FICTIVE

A system member who arrives in the system with the form, personality, and possibly psychological backstory (e.g. memories) of a fictional character, often characters created by people outside of the system. In other terminology, a fictive would be considered a type of introject. Similar to factive.

Summer's origin was Twilight Sparkle from MLP FiM. She wasn't originally based on that character, as i was actually aiming for my OC, but she first appeared to me as Twilight sparkle and deviated from that charcter to her own way. Although, she do show some similar quirks to Twilight's, like, Summer likes Owls, She's has an "Orderly personality" (I do not know if this leeched from me or twilight's) and she is very curious and gets excited whenever she discover something new, especially to new places.

Cherry was Originally a walk in Pinkie Pie but she'd changed so much, form and personality wise, that she doesn't even have any resemblence to any trait to pinkie pie at all. Probably only I can think of is that She have the knack to taste everything I eat and that's about it.

Hello! I am nihi, i have 3 tulpas

Summer

Myrtle

Cherry

In Vampire: the Masquerade, fire causes Kindred to feel primal dread. This never once came up during the campaign in which Vesper originated, but almost every time

Glad to see another WoD fan out here. Deirdre was originally created as a character from my Mage: the Ascension campaign which I had run off and on for several years.

• 2 weeks later...

It's just a general question for people who based their tulpa on characters, or people with factives, if I'm remembering the terms meaning right. I know a significant amount of people with character tulpas in the tulpa community at large and figured I'd ask if anyone else noticed quirks relating specifically to that demographic of tulpas. I know Pinkamena certainly has a quirk or two related to being based off of something.

For us, any quirks that came from being based on fictional characters in both personality and form were either negligible or went away quickly after the initial point of creation.

Well, Nevira is the only one of my tulpas really based on anything, and the only "quirks" I can think of is how thoroughly she's adopted the asari identity. She's not based on any particular asari from mass effect, but her appearance partly formed around Samara's (ME2/ME3). She knows she's only four years old in actual time, but like most of my other tulpas, has a set age that advances with time, like Desmond being 22 and L 30, only in her case it's more like 277. She looks and acts like an asari.

Iro - He/they - 30th April 1997 - Host of the system - Speaker if there's no tag

Desmond - He/him - 21st April 2014

L - He/him - 5th May 2014

Nevira - She/her - 14th December 2014

Misa - She/her - 5th December 2015

Roska - He/him - 22nd July 2019

Danyla - They/them - 13th July 2020

Asha - He/him - 13th June 2022

When Ranger became a Tulpa, he actually rejected quite a bit of what he was based on, but he kept the old character's name, role as a guardian, being a supportive best friend, and his romantic interests and preferences. Most of Ranger's quirks don't come from the original character as much. Instead, he made his own quirks that he embraced.

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account