Tulpa Anatomy

G|d30n

Question

So, I've discussed this issue with a few users and mentioned the topic in a few threads already and it was suggested that I make a thread about this. Basically, I'm giving an overview of a visualization method that's worked for Avalanche and me, and also looking for thoughts on the topic.

Forcing anatomy isn't exactly a traditional method so far (what is traditional with tulpae though?) and it seems to be something not many have mentioned having done. There are some benefits to it, however, both from practical standpoints and just as visualization techniques. The good news is, it's not really any harder than forcing anything else during visualization and preparation time is minimal.

You really only need a high schooler's/first year college student's understanding of the human body, which nearly all of us already have. You should also review some charts for a visual refresher. Looking at scientific charts can be boring, of course, so here's a picture of two x-ray'd women fighting for some reason:

[broken image removed]

You enjoy that. Anyway, I don't want to bog down this post with a bunch of images so here are a couple links to some more scientific references:

Bone structure.

All the gross stuff.

So now that we got that of the way, why should we force anatomy into our tulpae? Well, there are some benefits to it, both to the tulpa's development and for your benefit as well. For the most profound one, I'm going to quote Avalanche: "When I put the brain in there was a very dramatic effect...When I put my hands on her head and imagined a brain inside, she went from puppet stiff and lifeless to being all limp and unconscious, but there was like there was life in her."

So that's obviously something we all want--a jumpstart to our tulpa's mental development, and it's easily accomplished with just a single visualization exercise that ties the personality you developed to the body you're forming.

There are more benefits though, one being to the process of visualization. From my own experience, I was having a trouble with sliding proportions in the first day of visualization. That is to say--and many seem to express this problem--I'd focus on one part of my tulpa, and then things would get weird when I stopped paying attention and moved on. It wasn't just something that could be attributed to deviation either. Her arms would suddenly be different lengths, her legs would be too long. She wasn't looking like a person and it was starting to freak me out a little, so I forced a skeleton inside her and that seemed to fix it right away.

There's a more subtle benefit too that I've noted in my own experience. Those of you who have a background in game design, robotics, psychology, or who just read a lot of things on the Internet (that sounds like all of us I'm guessing) will be familiar with the uncanny valley--the idea that when something looks really close to human, but isn't, it freaks us out. There are a lot of subtle biological processes that set humans apart from robots or mannequins or other human-like things that freak us out. Our respiratory, digestive, and circulatory processes all cause us to shift our weight around when we stand or sit, breathe (obviously), move our muscles subtly when we're in a relaxed state--without those things, we look like Stepford Wives and it's kind of creepy, and you don't want to be creeped out by your tulpa, right?

So, TL;DR, study some anatomy, and force it into your tulpa.

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Dissaproved as a guide because it's really not a guide at all. However, I vote to move the thread to resources because some helpful stuff was posted in the comments.

"Assert the supremacy of your Imaginal acts over facts and put all things in subjection to them... Nothing can take it from but your failure to persist in imagining the ideal realized."

-Neville Goddard

Approved, Resources.

One of the image links is dead, but it doesn't seem to be something truly essential.

The idea of giving your tulpa anatomy can be an useful symbolism for making the form's behavior more stable or making the tulpa feel things more 'accurately', or sometimes even make things clearer for the host - I can think of one example where it helped with vocalization.

People might want to give it a go if they feel their tulpa's form or behavior is too unusual, or if their visualization/mental "physics" is misbehaving. Although, personally I would recommend doing this preferably pre-sentience/independence, because after that, messing with a tulpa's form/senses without their consent may be a bit rude.