Is this weird?

Virus

Hello! So i was bored and talking to my tulpa i offered him trying possession. He's not even vocal, so I thought that maybe writting could be good to communicate.

I told him to move the hand right for "yes" and left for "no".

I asked him questions and even let him type in the phone.

After that, he wrote "Hello, my name is Reutyy" and then typed like a lot of 6 and "y".

I asked him if he wanted this name and wrote a yes.

But it felt so weird talking like that, and now I'm frightened. He told me that he would get mad if I wrote about him in the forums, but I'm scared.

Maybe it was a bad idea to let a non-vocal tulpa to possess my hand.

Is this normal for a non-vocal tulpa with just a week of life?

Was this really a tulpa?

EDIT: Thank you all for your replies! It's really nice to read all those advices and opinions, especially when you're so lost and confused.

Everything these eyes have seen, I want to magically scatter it to pieces.

Uhh..this is hard to judge. My tulpa was capable of simple possession before being vocal. Every tulpa develops different, so it could be possible. However, without further information of how exactly you managed the possession it won't be possible to say for sure. You could've done it yourself unconsciously.

But it felt so weird talking like that, and now I'm frightened. He told me that he would get mad if I wrote about him in the forums, but I'm scared.

Why would he be mad? I don't see a possible reason for this. I think this was just a intrusive thought fed by your fears and worries about what could go wrong. I don't think this was really a tulpa, but as I said: we need more information.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Uhh..this is hard to judge. My tulpa was capable of simple possession before being vocal. Every tulpa develops different, so it could be possible. However, without further information of how exactly you managed the possession it won't be possible to say for sure. You could've done it yourself unconsciously.

Why would he be mad? I don't see a possible reason for this. I think this was just a intrusive thought fed by your fears and worries about what could go wrong. I don't think this was really a tulpa, but as I said: we need more information.

I just left my hand "sleeping", and then I told him that he could possess the hand.

At first it could barely move, but then he started touching things and touching my face.

Then I put the mobile in the possessed hand and I let the finger move.

It moved reeeeally slow.

I even put a pen in the hand, and a paper and he typed the name and gender.

I think it scares me, because I didn't expect movement at all.

Well, I guess that's a sign of progress?

It's not hard to imagine having signs of sentience when your tulpa is only a week in, and what would differ a non vocal tulpa from a vocal tulpa when it comes to trying possession? If you're able to communicate fine with them and they're sentient, those are the only things you need to start possession.

But, at this point it'd be hard to determine whether it was you or the tulpa. Try letting him possess more, and his actions will start to feel different from yours.

Hope that helped.

I'm not going to listen to you guys since you are all probably just talking to yourself and don't really have a tulpa like me.

Guest Anonymous

Yes it's weird.

But, then again, all of tulpamancy is pretty weird. It's really kinda up to you what you believe about it. Nobody else was feeling what you felt. I have no idea if it was a tulpa, as in "how the heck would I know?"

Incidentally, having your hand possessed to write reminds me of automatic writing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_writing

Well, I guess that's a sign of progress?

It's not hard to imagine having signs of sentience when your tulpa is only a week in, and what would differ a non vocal tulpa from a vocal tulpa when it comes to trying possession? If you're able to communicate fine with them and they're sentient, those are the only things you need to start possession.

But, at this point it'd be hard to determine whether it was you or the tulpa. Try letting him possess more, and his actions will start to feel different from yours.

Hope that helped.

I followed that idea, and today it confussed me a lot more.

Because as soon as he "possessed" my hand, he wrote weird things in the table.

Like "666", " My name is Satan" and "We're three tulpae".

I asked him questions. I'm not sure if it was my " tulpa" or it was just me.

I'm worried.

Yes it's weird.

But, then again, all of tulpamancy is pretty weird. It's really kinda up to you what you believe about it. Nobody else was feeling what you felt. I have no idea if it was a tulpa, as in "how the heck would I know?"

Incidentally, having your hand possessed to write reminds me of automatic writing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_writing

I really really hope it's not my tulpa. Because it would be horrible.

Very, very interesting, kanashisou. I do not mean to put you in any distress, my friend. But when I come to think about it, it is possible that something inside of you may have been... awakened, let's put it this way. No, nothing metaphysical or magic here. Have you ever been diagnosed with anything in the past?

Look. If you are having those signs, it may very well be a simple prank, or as Temar brilliantly put it, an identity thing. Things seem to be a bit intriguing as they are, so there is no need to stress it out.(as @Sock said, though, this MAY be an internal prank or some sort). I have edited my post after reading the answers found below. This does sound like a prank, so time will tell.

Ah, I'm too tired. I only came here to help.

« — Va, je ne te hais point ! »

I followed that idea, and today it confussed me a lot more.

Because as soon as he "possessed" my hand, he wrote weird things in the table.

Like "666", " My name is Satan" and "We're three tulpae".

I asked him questions. I'm not sure if it was my " tulpa" or it was just me.

I'm worried.

Temar:

Don't worry, you're fine. Whether this was your tulpa or just you won't really matter in the long run. You will have plenty of time down the road to get to know your headbuddy. Thing is, at this point, your tulpa probably doesn't really know who he is, either, so even if he is talking through that hand, chances are he's pulling a lot from your subconscious mind anyway. He's experimenting as much as you are.

The way I figure it, you have two options. 1) Keep letting him play with the hand. Take what he writes seriously, since if it is him communicating with you, that's something you want to encourage... but keep in mind that he's still super young, and likely to change his mind... so don't keep him to anything he says right now.

Option 2) is to set possession aside for now. He might just be too young to know what his own thoughts are. Force some more... maybe find a type of narration that you find interesting, like playing a video game for him or reading him your favorite childhood stories. Let him get more of a sense of who he is. Then try possession again later.

In either case, you're doing fine. Don't be afraid. You're not messing him up, and he will not be mad for things you did before you really understood him. Keep spending time and attention on him, and he'll turn out just fine.

EDIT EDITED OUT, though I still think that this is his subconscious, not any sort of mental illness.

Sparrow---Temar---Joss---Ayo--et al

Hello! So i was bored and talking to my tulpa i offered him trying possession. He's not even vocal, so I thought that maybe writting could be good to communicate.

I'm forced to wonder why folks are so eager to try possession. There's already a bunch of things to explore early on, giving your body away shouldn't be the first thing on the list.

Maybe it was a bad idea to let a non-vocal tulpa to possess my hand.

Is this normal for a non-vocal tulpa with just a week of life?

Was this really a tulpa?

Well this just looks like a nasty mess. You may want to slow down, leave the advanced stuff on the back burner, and just take time to observe yourself and your thoughts. This seems, to me, like some sort of internal prank, and you made need to back off for a while, and assess the issue more (Note: I'm not saying you're playing a joke on us, but that something in you is playing the joke on you). Whatever you do, do NOT panic or freak out, you need a truly calm and level head for this stuff.

This part is an opinion, but unless you already have experience in these things, your companion should not have that kind of ability. I do not have absolute knowledge, only my own experiences of what happened to me.

Peace.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

Temar:

Sorry for posting so soon after the last, but my system has taken a little time to noodle over this, and we think we might have some insight as to why your hand went the 666/Satanic route, here.

See, our hostie, Sparrow, has issues with anxiety. What this means is that she comes up with the worst-case scenario of any given situation, and then dwells on it. It just circles around in her head over and over in a freaked out spiral until she is almost certain that the worst-case scenario is an inevitability, and part of our duty as her headmates is to pull her out of it through reason, distraction, or whatever.

This, I think, is why your hand started going the "666" route... because having a malicious tulpa is your worst-case scenario. Therefore, since something in your subconscious is dwelling on it, that's what either you or your tulpa pulled from while your hand was doing its thing.

In short, that wasn't your tulpa, so much as it was a reflection of what you're afraid your tulpa might be. That make sense?

My prescription for that, as someone who deals with anxiety like this from my host? Set aside possession for now. Get more informed by reading Progress Reports. Forget the Creepypasta; it's not accurate at all. Ask questions; there are lots of us here to help. Spend more time getting to know your tulpa through Forcing, so that you know he's not malicious. Your own fear is fueling the scary parts, so the best way to stop it is to figure out why you're afraid, and then assuage that fear.

Then, once you actually know your tulpa well enough to feel what's coming from him and what's not, you'll be able to try possession again.

Sparrow---Temar---Joss---Ayo--et al