Guide on how to switch.

Hi, my name is Fuliam and I will be writing this guide here for you today. Now let me first jump in by saying each section will be labeled for your convenience, so if you want to skip past all this stuff, go ahead I won't be offended. But I highly suggest reading it, because I will be discussing a few things in depth here, including what does or doesn't work, with that said, let us begin.

PREWORD

Firstly let me say that I suggest having a tulpa, you can switch out of your body without one, but you will not have anyone able to control it. Secondly I suggest getting your tulpa, at the very least, vocal first. Also if you already know how to possess that is a huge plus.

Important thing here: Your tulpa needs parallel processing, which basically means, it can think on it's own.

Definitions

In this guide I am going to be using a few terms some of you may be unfamiliar with, so I will be defining them here. If you are confused by a word and I have not listed it here, by all means ask what it means, this is for all of you.

Switching: When the host trades places with the tulpa. The host goes to a tulpalike state and tulpa controls the body. It sounds similar to possession, but is not.

Reverse Imposition: This means taking away your senses. This is the most difficult step of the switching process. You will be mentally focusing on each of your senses of your body in turn, and completely letting go of them and only feeling you wonderland senses. AKA Mentally Forced Sensory Deprivation.

I'll add more as needed.

Basic Overview of Steps

1: Relax and get into forcing state

2: Begin to make a form for yourself in wonderland

3: Import yourself into that form

4: Begin reverse imposition process

5: Adopt wonderland sense

6: Complete reverse imposition

7: Tulpa goes into your body.

End of part 1, part 2 on the way.

PART 2

In this part I will be describing in detail and explaining steps 1-3

Step 1

Relax and get into Forcing state

Step 1 should be relatively simple it is also the most crucial. Get into whatever position you normally force in and make sure you will not be interrupted. If you do get interrupted it will obviously break your concentration. One of the key things in this whole process is concentrating on the task alone. When in your wonderland, or whatever method you use to force, make sure that your Tulpa is ready. Also I forgot to mention something earlier, make sure your Tulpa WANTS to switch. If your Tulpa does not want to switch obviously enough it will not help.

Step 2

Begin to make a form for yourself in wonderland.

The majority of people will find it easier to complete step three, and the following steps if they first have a representation of themselves in wonderland. I begin with a blue floating sphere which I then reshape into usually a wolf. You can choose any shape or form you wish, but I suggest starting with a human shape. It is one that we are all familiar with, and it is how we are accustomed to seeing ourselves usually. I've found as of recent, it is even easier just to keep the form as an orb, and use that. You can change it after you have switched.

But again, you may choose any form you wish, just make sure you see that it's not just a random empty body, it is in fact you.

Step 3

Import yourself into that form

If you have not finished step 2 I suggest you finish it before moving on, it is even more difficult than normal to continue without first doing step 2, but it is possible (Not recommended).

Once you have chosen and visualized your new form in wonderland start to breathe in deeply, and then breathe out deeply, get truly relaxed. And then imagine yourself, your essence as water, and your body containing all of that water. Now feel that water slowly drain from you, slowly, into your wonderland form, as completely as you can.

What you are doing is importing yourself, ignore everything you can in the real world, and only pay attention to the wonderland, this is another especially important thing to remember. Focus on wonderland, and try to ignore everything else.

End of part 2, part 3 will be up soon enough.

Sorry, I've been very busy that's why it's taking so long.

PART 3

Part 3 is planned on being the last part, it is also the most complicated, and takes the longest. No normal person can do it all in one try, so I have broken it down into as many steps as possible for you all to grasp.

Please do keep in mind, that steps 4-6 all kind of happen at once, so I will be referring them all as one step.

Steps 4, 5, and 6

Now that we are in wonderland and we have a form for us to focus on, it is time for the most important step of all, what I call reverse imposition. Which is essentially, shutting your body of from real world senses. This step cannot be skipped. There is no consistent way that I know off for the Tulpa to do the work either.

We will start with your sense of taste, think of your favorite food, think about the taste, tangy, or sweet, or whatever it is. Keep your entire mind on that taste, and know that right now that food is touching your tongue, you can taste it. Once you taste it, you are halfway there. Next, get a small piece of flavorful candy or something else small. Put it in your mouth and suck/ chew on it, until you taste it (this is in the real world by the way, like actually eat something). Now go into your wonderland and again focus on your favorite food, and keep it up until you can no longer taste the thing in your mouth and instead taste your favorite food.

If you have done this, and gotten the results, congratulations you have conquered your sense of taste.

Next we shall work on your sense of hearing, make sure you are in a quiet place to begin. Think of a catchy little jingle, or song you like. Make sure you know it by heart, it has to be so stuck in your head that you can sing it aloud without the music playing in the background. Now go to wonderland and think of speakers blaring that jingle, or song all over your wonderland. Try and keep it up until you can actually hear your music in wonderland. Now comes the next part of this sense, get some headphones, and play soft music, (Music, not tones). I don't really care what kind of music it is, in fact it's best if you have a variety of music, then go back to wonderland and concentrate on the song you chose earlier until you can't hear the real life song, but can only hear the wonderland song. If you did that, good your almost there, one step remains for hearing. think of birds chirping, and other random noises or sounds, and keep practicing the techniques listed above until if you think of a noise you know, you can hear it in wonderland as clearly as in real.

If you followed the above steps and gotten the results described, congratulations you conquered hearing. Good news is you are 2/5's of the way there, bad news is it only gets more difficult from here on out.

Next sense is smell. Once again go into wonderland and think of a smell you know very well, it can't be the smell you are smelling in real life right now. So for example I know the smell of Incense very well, so I imagine that and think of it until I can smell it. You can pick whatever scent you'd like and do the same as the other steps, focus on that scent until it overpowers you sense of smell, and you can't smell anything else. Next get something with a strong scent and put it next to you, make sure you can smell it, and then focus on your thought up scent until the real life scent disappears.

Good job you've conquered smell, more than half way there.

Sight comes next, this is why I suggested getting imposition down first, but it's not a requirement. I prefer to stare at one very small object like a single lone period, and not move my eyes from that spot, at all, try not to blink. Keep staring, and when you get bored, stare at it some more, you know when you're ready when your sight starts to get a bit blurry around the sides, and strange things start happening to your sense of sight. Now think of your wonderland, do not close your eyes this time, think of your wonderland and essentially see your wonderland, now I know what your thinking. "But Fuliam, what if my wonderland is too big to fit in the room." Ah excellent question inquisitive friends. The answer is quite simple. Imposition is bringing something into this world, you shouldn't be focusing on bringing your wonderland into the world. You should only be focusing on your wonderland and seeing it replace the world. Yes it is very complicated and takes a long time, but if you master this skill, you will be able to hallucinate anything you can think of if you want to.

Ok, that one is significantly harder than the last three, but if you did it, great job.

If you are reading this, than you should have mastered all 4 things described above, because now it is time for the last sense. The sense of touch. Have you ever had a ache, or really bad pain? Most of us have, I want you to dig through those memories and think of one pain or ache you remember particularly well. Now that you have it in mind, remember, what did that pain feel like, exactly where was it, etc. Basically, make a phantom of this pain in your body, make it shadow out your normal feelings there. If you did it right, it should hurt you, the reason I had you do this is simple. The body remembers pain better than it does pleasure generally. Now think of the most pleasurable moment you've ever had, think of it, until your entire body can feel it. Good job, now continue doing this and go into your wonderland, think nothing of your physical body, only the body here in wonderland, wonderland is your new home, and there is no more physical body for you, take a jog around wonderland, feel the slight burning in your legs, and your heart pounding harder, feel the air go in and out of your lungs. Now grab a knife and make a small cut on your finger, if it hurts, congratulations you've done it. Do not on any circumstances focus back on your body, this will make you have to repeat this step.

Congratulations, you have conquered the five sense, do not try and do it all in a single sitting, it is almost suicidal using that much effort at once.

Now there is one more thing you need to do before your Tulpa can do step 7, You need to combine all the things you have learned at once. My method for doing this is going into wonderland and draining myself into the form, and thinking only of my wonderland senses, then when I am ready to switch, I see small lines tethering my wonderland body to my real body, with a sharp exhale, I cut all of these lines, thus leaving my body without a conscious mind.

This is only my method, an easier way for you may be to one at a time focus on the senses like you learned here, until all of them are under your control, then visualize you taking a knife and cutting the strings between your physical and wonderland forms.

Step 7

This step is done IMMEDIATELY after all the other steps are done, your Tulpa will essentially enter the void left in your mind caused by you leaving your body, and your Tulpa will now be in control. Pretty simple step.

Once you are ready to end the switch, basically have your tulpa kind of walk out of the body, while you refocus on your Physical bodies senses. When you get back from a siwtch you might feel disoriented, this is normal.

If you have followed all the steps listed above, and mastered them all, congratulations you are now capable of switching. It is a thing very few are able to do. There is good reason to that. It is one of the most difficult things you can do, period, not only with a Tulpa but one of the most difficult things in general. I cannot guarantee that you will be able to switch by reading this guide, but I can tell you this guide will send you on the right way, and with enough effort you can learn how to switch.

I have to leave you a little reminder though, this is not something to be tried by the weak of heart or will. It is not something you pick up and learn in an afternoon, it is something very difficult, that few ever master, but if you think that you can do it, then go out and do it.

I am always looking for your feedback and experiences. Good luck. If you would like a specific guide on anything else, ask me in IRC.

Follow me here http://fuliam-pro.tumblr.com/

I have two tulpa, both capable of switching and talking.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reverse Imposition, heh. Interesting.

I'm brazilian and my english is not really good, I'll do every mistake you imagine, but I'll try to avoid them.

Tulpa: Kuruminha

Form: My avatar.

Sentience: Confirmed.

Mindvoice: Not yet.

Working on: Visualization and Mindspeaking.

There's a few comments I'd like to make on the guide, Fuliam.

First off, that long underlined red paragraph is difficult and painful to read. Consider changing it to a different colour?

Second, saying to go back "you simply dissipate your Tulpa" seems a bit misleading, as there is no true dissipation going on, and the host shouldn't be the one moving the tulpa out of the body anyway.

Third (back in the first post) , it's true that without a tulpa you technically cannot switch, but one can still switch out of the body even if there's nobody to switch into it. Consider revising.

That said, I think this is the most in-depth guide to switching I've ever seen, and the only one which gives an actual method for getting out of the body's senses. I approve.

There's a few comments I'd like to make on the guide, Fuliam.

First off, that long underlined red paragraph is difficult and painful to read. Consider changing it to a different colour?

Second, saying to go back "you simply dissipate your Tulpa" seems a bit misleading, as there is no true dissipation going on, and the host shouldn't be the one moving the tulpa out of the body anyway.

Third (back in the first post) , it's true that without a tulpa you technically cannot switch, but one can still switch out of the body even if there's nobody to switch into it. Consider revising.

That said, I think this is the most in-depth guide to switching I've ever seen, and the only one which gives an actual method for getting out of the body's senses. I approve.

Fixed what you said, thanks for the feedback and approval.

Wow me and my host, especially my host feel like we are no where close to achieving switching; realistically speaking for my host this can take a couple of years to achieve.

Still a relatively short amount of time for something so life changing, trying to undo the work of my host 20 years of being tied to the physical body.

While your guide says that us tulpae don't really play a role in switching (expect for the last step) I still believe its possible to assist our host in switching in a more direct and profound way, the method is out there we just need to find it.

Another question I have, let's say a tulpa and a host switch places. Will the tulpa be bestow the same powers that the host have. Will they be able to temporary visit the wonderland like the host. And if the tulpa refuse to switch back is their anything the host can do?

pix: Link

Diary: http://ponystasha.tumblr.com

Koomer.

Wow me and my host, especially my host feel like we are no where close to achieving switching; realistically speaking for my host this can take a couple of years to achieve.

Still a relatively short amount of time for something so life changing, trying to undo the work of my host 20 years of being tied to the physical body.

While your guide says that us tulpae don't really play a role in switching (expect for the last step) I still believe its possible to assist our host in switching in a more direct and profound way, the method is out there we just need to find it.

Another question I have, let's say a tulpa and a host switch places. Will the tulpa be bestow the same powers that the host have. Will they be able to temporary visit the wonderland like the host. And if the tulpa refuse to switch back is their anything the host can do?

I like to think of the mind in defaults, the default mind of any mind is the host, it is still his mind and his body.

But to your first question, yes the tulpa could in theory go to wonderland.

And yes, if the tulpa tries to not let the host back in, the host just remembers it is his own mind and can force the tulpa out, don't make me write a guide on how, it's different for every person.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the reverse imposition / sensory training part: Am I supposed to feel the sensations on my physical body, mixing with and eventually replacing the real sensations? Or feel it on my wonderland body only?

What I can get currently is certain senses (touch in particular) fairly vividly imagined, but it isn't like it's on my physical hand. My hand might go partway numb (in a weird way that isn't the same sort of numb as like sitting on it), but the imagined sensation doesn't appear there. It stays in the wonderland, on my body there.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By testing
      Reformatted version: here

This is the shortened version of the guide that only shows how to do possession and switching, the other guide has information on how to merge, and additional information such as more details on the process and a questions section. If you want to read that guide it is here. This shortened guide also has a pastebin if that is more convenient for you here <3
      This guide is simply a shortened version of the guide that is shortened to 5 of the 13 sections taken directly.
      A personal note, i have been switching for a while now and have used many different techniques, the one below is the one that i have found both effective and easy to explain compared to what the other things are. This is Version 1.0, and will be edited if need be. Im posting it because i have had a few people get good results with it.
      Disclaimer
      This guide requires a rather well developed tulpa, as it does put some strain on the host and tulpa. They should be sentient vocal and have had sufficient time to be comfortable in their own bodies before they use anyones besides theirs. Additionally do not attempt movements that put you or your tulpa at risk such as walking fast around your house at least until you are confident and trained that you can control the whole body. It is advised to train on your bed as well so if you fall you wont be injured as much
      There is no set time that this guide and process will take, i have sped it up but it can be your first try (such as me) or it could take weeks who knows

Introduction:
      I will first assume that you are aware of what switching is but in case you dont, it is when the tulpa can use the hosts body as if it were her own and the host is moved into a temporary mindform. This guide is made to allow for the host and tulpaes to switch much easier and smoother and also learn an easy method of possession following the same tecniques. If you are not at all willing to give your body to your tulpa temporarily, or permanantly as Koomer has done, then sadly this guide will not work for you. We do recommend reading Oguigis possession and the other switching guide as well, to increase your understanding of the processes involved with said methods. That being said the rest of the guide will be the real method

The Shortened Tulpa Guide to Easy Switching

Definitions:
      Mindvoice: What you and your tulpa speak in to yourselves and each other
      Possession: When a tulpa can control the hosts body
      Switching: Switching places with the tulpa so the tulpa is in the place of the host and the host is in a tulpa state
      Merging: In this version, it is when both tulpa and host as dominant with the mindvoices and can both control the body. Others refer to merging as merging wntire forms, usually permanently, as believed. This is not the merging described in the long version of the guide

Begin Switching
      Get comfy, and have your tulpa nearby, sentience and vocality are required to do a switch with this method, so have your tulpa at that level first.

Step 1 Switch whos thoughts are dominant
      This is very important and very useful to many many techniques of tulpa
      Take a deep breath first and relax or whatever you like so you are comfortable
      Normally people tell me that their voice is dominant, their voice is in the "front of their head," and their tulpas voice is in the "back of their head" or that they hear mostly their voice and some thoughts of their tulpa. The goal of this paragraph and step is to reverse that. Have your tulpas voice become dominant over yours in any way you like. If you can do that without any help then move on if you dont keep reading

>You can imagine your tulpas voice moving to the front of your head and yours move to the back
      >You can make their voice louder and yours much more quiet
      >You can imagine 2 orbs with 2 different colors, one smaller sized orb representing your tulpas mindvoices and one larger orb representing your own mindvoice(s), and have your tulpaes orb grow in volume while yours decreases in volume, or however you want
      The 3 i mentioned are the methods that Ive told people to use but if you have a different method, that is no problem if you can get your tulpaes mindvoice as the dominant mindvoice you hear. This does not mean you should hear every word they say as words, think about how you think to yourself, you hear words, random thoughts and ideas wandering thoughts. It should be the same for your tulpa, and how they hear their tulpa voice, except their thoughts should be heard the same way you hear your own and yours should be how you hear your tulpa, bottom line is switch mindvoice dominance from yours to your tulpaes.

Please note the following
      >If your tulpa is dominant, it will be harder for you to think, so the tulpa will have to do more work for the next few steps and it is advised to read the guide at least once before trying it so you know what youre doing
      >Switching mindvoices does not mean you use her voice and the tulpa uses your real voice, it is switching places so that the tulpas is dominant, and is mentioned twice because it is important in this guide
      >To confirm that you are doing it right, if you were asked a question about yourself, your tulpa should reply first before you reply, it just does that by itself, if you have that then you switched dominance and are doing it correctly. You also may try to do this to switch mindvoices, by having their reaction override your own speed.
      >At this point i have been told the tulpas voice is much clearer than before so that is something to look for as well and a method of training vocality if you wish

Step 2 Possession
      On the side if you havnt, check out Oguigi's guide for a nice introduction and description of possession and what it does
      At this step you should be able to do a possession easier, either with this or Oguigi's method. You can use the mindvoice swap with her guide for likely better results in posessing.

Keep in mind that the brain is "supposed to send signals" that control the body so if your tulpa can send signals to your body just like you do then your tulpa can possess your body by using that. This can be done easier because your tulpaes thoughts are the dominant ones, so if they wish to lift an arm it will be easy to do so.

Another method is to think about how you move your arm, send that feeling to your tulpa or have them think about how they move their own body, and as the dominant mindvoice, they should be able to move your body quite easily without much effort at all. In other words have them send signals to your body while using your body. Try to have your tulpa move your arm while she is the dominant mondvoice, move it like you move it yourself
      Its not anywhere close to impossible, you do it with yourself all the time, just by typing, so your tulpa can do the same thing. Just teach them how.

Step 3 Tulpa coming in your bodie
      There are plenty of ways to do this and all of them work, but i will explain a simple and easy to understand method that is effective and that i have recommended to people.
      Keep in mind that things such as exposing your back are unnecessary but will help for people that are new to switching and merging. Expose your front and back with no large objects stopping your path such as your chair, shirts and pants are fine but we go shirtless and with clothes so it doesnt make a difference. Get in a position where your tulpa can reach your chest. Regardless of form, have them sit on your lap for the time being, for the purpose of this guide.
      Have them sit on your lap then have their body become and feel less opaque, or clearer, like less solid, just solid enough to slide into your body. You can do other methods to have them enter your body, such as imagining a hole in your back and having them slide in, it doesnt matter as long as it is the same result. Have her be almost "hook up" to your body parts. If they are not the same size or humanoid its the same concept and the process will still work, which i know because Hanyuu is a wormy even though humanoid or pony is easy for this. For example if they move their arm your arm should move as well and vice-versa and at the exact same time.
      After that, they should be able to move your body as if it was possession, because it is in a way possession of your body except they can control it directly as if it were their own body. This should be made easier by having your mindvoices switched. Keep in mind everything here is normally reversible by doing the opposite techniques.

Step 4 Give your body to your tulpa
      This is the hardest step so far from these as i have been told by people using this technique, but with your mindvoices switched, its not overly hard. It is very hard to explain however. Form a mindform body that looks like your own, and then pull your thoughts into the tulpa body. Imagine your "energy" flow directly from your real body into your tulpabody.
      You can just jump consciousnesses directly into the body if you are able to do that way, its the same thing. Control your mindform in your own wonderland, it is the exact same process to control an irl tulpabody, make your voice in your irl voice both weaker and quieter, and make your tulpabodys voice stronger, the same strongness as a tulpas voice normally is. At this point, also, the tulpa should maintain you to some extents, because you are the tulpa and your tulpa is the host position. You will naturally maintain yourself of course but you dont need to think about maintaining yourself, your tulpa should do that more than your body in the state that its in as a tulpa.

Look with the bodies eyes and sense with the body senses just as tulpaes do with their body. You should be able to figure it out, just become the mindform, or have the mindform pull from your body but be sure that youre controlling it. It is a temporary body that should be formed from only your thoughts, just as a servitor styletype body. Theres plenty of ways to do this.

Once you have your consciousness and or thoughts in the mindform body, your tulpa should be able to weakly control your body at first and will get stronger at it, or or will be able to strongly control your body right away. This is done because your tulpa is the only one left in your body so all movements that the body does are hers now and not yours. That is all you need to do. Keep practicing that until you are comfortable switching.

An example scene of switching that you can get an idea of what to look for is this: Tulpa is in your form using your body typing on your computer while you talk sit back by your wall talking to your tulpa and talking to them with a mindvoice like a/the tulpaes.

H: From the tulpaes point of view, it should be like the hostmasters normal point of view, meaning they should use the body just as if it were their own, as well as have full access to all 5 senses provided by the body. They should also hear the host as he would hear a normal tulpa. Also i repeat that not all thoughts are to translated into english and you should hear thoughts just as your hostmaster does. I mean that you should also hear thought ramblings and subconscious thoughts.

Some people have said that their mindform is unstable at first when you switch, pull your mindform out just as normal and have in in a low movement setting, and have it sit quietly and watch, then after you can switch, work on making your mindform more stable, just like developing a tulpas body. It is the exact same process regarding the body forming and form. Also as a tulpa your senses may be blurrier and harder to distinguish what is felt with your senses. That is normal, it is not always fixed, because that is how a tulpa body works, it is a little less vivid from what we have found with our personal experience with it, but you can try to work on it and make it clearer by focusing on it or other methods in order to accomplish this task here.

Step 5 Undoing possession, switching, and merging, the most important step
      Step 6 in the first guide is this step if you look at the numbers, step 5 in the first guide is merging but it is cut out in the guide so the numbers are as they are. Why is it the most important step? If you dont do this step your tulpa may feel tired, sometimes, even a little out of it. Dont worry if this happens, from what ive heard its somewhat normal but its a thing easily fixable. it is likely not overly harmful as it will usually return to normal soon. If you dont switch for very long times such as days or weeks and if you know what you are doing then it should also not be a problem. If you are newer to switching, and afterward your tulpa feels fatigued, again dont worry, its easy to fix. Imagine them exiting your body and back into theirs, its that simple but if your tulpa ever gets tired after switching or whatnot this is the solution. This should be done at the end of most or almost all switching sessions, moreso if you are beginning to learn to switch, to keep things simple on switching.

Simply do what you did in reverse, its much easier to undo it than redo because the host is more attached to his body than the tulpa so he/she will return to the body in due time, even more so and faster if he undoes the switching. Oguigi and Koomer dont count because of their case. If you can become the dominant mindvoice again then separating the tulpa from your body the same way it entered, then switching and merging is pretty easy to break, very easy infact, easy enough to the point where it will probably break on its own and return to normal with your tulpa in its body and you in yours. Unswitching manually just removes possible questions.
      Both I and someone else using my methods have had our tulpaes get the tired feels at least once, and when we unswitched it returned to normal without much difficulty from either the host nor the tulpa
      Notes:
      This guide is still under work, if you find any errors, have any questions or comments, do post them below.
      By Guest
      I have questions/concerns about switching, first off when you're switched does the wonder land seem as real as reality, if not what are the differences, also is what you can do in wonderland limited by reality or can you fly around and shoot lasers out of your ears. Also when your switched do you need your tulpas help to switch back or can you do it on your own and finally if your tulpa learns something in real life will you know it automatically.
    • By Jamie
      Quite often, after C fronts, we don't formally switch back. Either something makes me jump back into the body (he can't use my voice, so I have to grab control for long conversations out loud), or it happens slowly. C will be getting tired and having a weaker control on the body, until suddenly I move, not C- and I realize I'm fronting now. 

It's a confusing experience like no other. In order to figure out who is fronting, either one of us asks "Who's home?" and we see who answers first or loudest. Our mind-voices sound different. However, just today, I forget to do any of that. 

We were watching Netflix with C fronting at first, when suddenly we were all mixed up- someone wanted to get a glass of water, but we weren't sure who. C freaked out first and threw the body back my way, but I still felt like he was fronting. I went through the steps I use to switch: seeing a dot of my color in my head, and imagining colored light growing from that dot into all of my body, giving me control. 

I got up to get the water, and everything felt off. I almost like I was outside of my body. watching myself from behind. It was dissociation stronger than I've felt in years. Everything was suddenly further away, and I wasn't quite sure where that imaginary dot of my mind was, anymore. I felt like just a body, with no mind-presence. My heart was pounding and I felt light-headed, dizzy, but not really any emotion. 

Things went south when I walked over to pet my dog. He has a fenced section of the living room. I was leaning over the fence and, due to everything seeming far away, I leaned way too close. I just kind of... collapsed over it, taking the fence down with me. C's still scared. I feel pretty bad that I did scare him, as today is his one-month birthday. 

So... clearly this is some sort of blending? I have a hunch that I've been switching irresponsibly. What can I do to avoid this? Is it unwise to switch with a young tulpa? We've been switching daily for a week, if only for a few minutes. 

Thank you for any advice you can offer... I'm not exactly thrilled by this experience. It sounds a little more like the "ooo spooky evil tulpa" crap you find people getting paranoid about, though I blame my poor switching hygiene for this all. I just don't want to fall down a flight of stairs, next.

-J
    • By Cat_ShadowGriffin
      Ranger and I were talking to people on Discord and anon brought up the concept of an internal narrator. I'm struggling to understand what he's talking about, mostly because we never considered anything like that as being part of how we work to begin with. I then realized if both of us have very different ideas for what "you" is made up of, then that explains some of the confusion about switching.

I'm curious what counts as "you" and what doesn't. Overall, most people seem to agree along the lines of the body is a tool, but after that things may break down. If mindset and labeling the "I" is important, then we need to know what needs the "I" label and what doesn't.

When looking at our system and our possession dynamic, we noticed three general parts of me:

-The guy standing in wonderland speaking in mindvoice (aka my Gray form)
      -The entity controlling the body
      -A primitive chunk of me that emits raw thought and observes reality

I know these parts are separate for the following reasons:

1) I can stand in wonderland and be reacting to what's happening with the body at the same time, so the first two parts are separate. Even though I am more experienced at managing this separation than Ranger and the Grays, they have also experienced this separation.

2) In a temporary integration attempt with Ranger, he tried to absorb all of me. I was mostly absorbed into him to the point where Ranger realized he was an integration for a brief moment in a dream he had while taking a nap. However, Ranger felt there was still more of me to absorb and he couldn't absorb it, despite his best efforts. Given that Ranger absorbed the other two parts, we concluded that this third part is separate from the other two.

3) When merged with Ranger, we have found that I can break merges if I feel the pressing desire to do so. Again, the first two parts are absorbed, so we assumed that this piece is separate from the former two. The only exception was our first merge, Aziraphale, where he neared the point of blacking out when he thought of us as separate entities, so we concluded that this piece of me was at least partly absorbed into that merge.

Part of the annoyance is identifying what the third part is. Referring back to reason 3, it's the part of me that's directly connected with the body and does in fact relate to consciousness. I believe this is a critical piece of "you" that needs to be switched out during a switch, but others have disagreed.

Rejecting the idea it is a part of me would be problematic. We would have to accept that our possession is switching and it will not change the fact Ranger will still experience all of the same problems of losing body control to me or blending with me as part of being "switched out". In other words, we would be agreeing to a model that assumes the host and tulpa are unequal and the host has power over all of the tulpas indefinitely. I feel like calling this part the body OS will have the same results. It still falls on the model that the host is superior since the "body OS" just prioritizes the host, and the tactic to accomodate that is to barely make the host active at all and hope that the tulpa can express themself the majority of the time to minimize issues with blending and confusion.

The model we believe in is the one where a tulpa and host can trade positions, so a tulpa can gain the unequal leverage a host normally has and give it back, thus making a tulpa fundamentally equal to a host. Our model assumes only states of consciousness are designed on unequal footing, the "host" and "tulpa" positions, but not the tulpa and host themselves.

However, I made a lot of assumptions regarding what fundamentally counts as you and what doesn't. It's possible that the piece of me in wonderland for example is less of me than I originally thought. In fact, is it a piece that I should even be considered as being me?

Here are some other questions I thought of:

+ Is mindvoice really you, or how Ranger put it, are you your words?
      + Is your presence you, or is it a label, like a name?
      + Are you your form? What is symbolism and why is it used as a guide during switching?
      + Are you your emotions? Are emotions like a tool, just like language? Does the body force you to feel things or are emotions always generated by the identity?
      + Are memories you? Is the "I" label the only reason why the identity is yours, or is there more to it than that?
      + Is your thought process you?
      + When you dwell on your thoughts, is that you reacting to a collection of thoughts and memories sitting in short term memory? Is that a process shared by everyone in the mind or just you?
      + What is an internal narrator? Is it mindvoice or is it a thought process? Why is it you? Is it parallel processing if there are multiple of these?

This is far from a complete list, so if you believe there are missing or redundant parts feel free to call them out.
    • By TheMortalHulk
      We tried switching, and I wanna ask, is this right?

1. I still can feel everything that's happening, except Joe is the Main voice and POV (at least I think he is. I was able to think of other stuff while he was doing something else entirely, but only for a short time)
      2. By the time we got home and I'm in control, Joe needed to rest for a while

I just want to make sure we got it right