Blindfold Trick

ThunderClap

Isn't visualization all about seeing with the mind's eye? i don't understand. why would one need this?

Yes, this is a visualization technique/aid. It is just another way to get (in my opinion, more vivid) images in your mind's eye. It blocks out all external stimuli allowing you to hallucinate onto an "empty canvas."

My guide on tulpa creation

Please consider making a private grant to tulpa.info to keep the community alive.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I think this is a pretty solid guide for a visualization technique/aid. I've recently used a sleeping mask myself to block out any kind of lighting from entering my eyes. I also used earbuds and passive earmuffs in general (whether to block out any sound and/or listen to binaural or isochronic tones ), and this definitely can help with mind's eye visualization. I'm considering investing in earplugs, but since I'm worried about choosing disposable or hypoallergenic ear plugs, I'll just have to deal with my earphones and use the passive earmuff in the mean time.

My concentration while I'm narrating while trying to image stream (or to others, forcing) is pretty consistent, and the visualizations are vivid and detailed. I guess people should just acknowledge that it's a matter on how much they want to develop their cognition in general that can really make this guide useful.

• 1 month later...

I'll approve of this. Simple and to the point.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

I ordered that sleep mask and it came in the mail recently. For me, there's a gap on the bottom where my nose is. I have to hold it down with something in order for my entire vision to be blocked. I'm fairly disappointed, but for less than $2, I didn't expect much... Anyone else have this problem?

Will the BBB please buy my guide. [advertising link scrubbed]

Approved.

I've done something similar before, it tends to work fine, but actual results vary - in how well one can visualize and in "side-effects" - the listed ones may not always happen. I'm not sure if it's good to tell someone the list of side-effects as that may make them expect them and cause them needlessly when they may have had the luck of avoiding them. Maybe edit it in the form:

Biasing personal experiences here, read at your own risk:

Spoilered experiences here.

EDIT: waffles suggests that spoilers may be distracting. A better idea may be putting biasing experiences in a pastebin or better yet, in a footer with a small font size or in full/small caps.

I'm not sure if it's good to tell someone the list of side-effects as that may make them expect them and cause them needlessly when they may have had the luck of avoiding them.

I agree, but I think it is important for someone to know what could potentially happen.

That being said, I will make a revision to clarify. Thank you for your reply.

I ordered that sleep mask and it came in the mail recently. For me, there's a gap on the bottom where my nose is. I have to hold it down with something in order for my entire vision to be blocked. I'm fairly disappointed, but for less than $2, I didn't expect much... Anyone else have this problem?

Actually my blindfold has this issue, but it never bothered me because my room is almost completely dark. I can understand why this might be annoying, so I can only recommend either finding a way to make that little area dark, or to try another blindfold. Another thing you can try is tightening the fold a little more, if you have not already.

My guide on tulpa creation

Please consider making a private grant to tulpa.info to keep the community alive.