Tulpish

Helios

Hi ,

Sooo i have been trying to understand this for like 2 days now , I am maybe just retarded right now .

I understand what is tulpish . Images , sounds , intentions (that is the definition right lol ?)

Say i want to say in tulpish that i am coming home . I would send an image of me going somewhere and opening a door .

But how could i possibly say that i am going "home" and most of all that i am going "right now" and i am not sending a fantasy or just a memory.

I guess it would come from my intentions . And maybe here is the problem , how in the world do i do that ?

Like when you send your intentions what do you feel ? how do you "generate" them ?

How do i include them in my message ?

Like i said it's maybe just simple stupid and i am missing something obvious but i just cant figure this out.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

oh tulpish is just how not-quite-vocal tulpas talk, you can talk in your own language just fine, and the intent just kinda comes with it automatically trust me, just thinking it has intent already, you don't have to do anything special, just keep talkin' to your tulpa and listening for responses

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Thanks for the answer ,

I just thought that if i have no idea how would i do it i don't know what to expect from my tulpa or imagine responses in tulpish.

Like when i try to understand what i said myself , I wouldn't understand shit from what i am saying because i don't know how to transmit all the variables.(in tulpish of course)

yeah tulpish isn't really a "language", it's just a tulpa trying to communicate that doesn't quite have a voice yet, so all you get is the intent/feelings and not the words that came with it

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

You will feel it when it happens. Viper talks to me almost exclusively through 'tulpish' (images-thoughts-feelings all at once) which I translate into words in my head. I'm technically talking to myself, and it FEELS like I'm talking to myself, but I know it's Viper because their thought process feels different and because I'm doing an effort in translating it. Sometimes, if there are too many thoughts in my head or if I'm in the process of talking about something with them when their thoughts are parallel with mine, I don't even translate anymore, I just reply. It's feelings, images and thoughts all at once, to form exactly what they think and what they're trying to convey to me and it's very easy for me to translate it into spoken word.

If you need an explanation for it though, consider the fact that all spoken word comes from a thought process. You don't just speak without thinking, without imagining or feeling things. When you speak to someone, you translate your thoughts, feelings and mental images in order for them to be understood by others outside your head. Through years of doing this, we detach from thoughts-feelings-images and tend to become numb to them. In the same way you breathe autonomously, without being aware of it. It becomes natural enough that we're only aware of spoken words and no longer their source. But you'll feel it. If your tulpa sends you images-thoughts-feelings, you will feel them, and they will convey the message just fine, in just the needed detail for you to understand.

Ultimately, if you ask me, thoughts-feelings-images (I don't like the term tulpish, I'm sorry lol. It's just not unique to tulpas alone) are stronger and more capable of showing detail than words. The only reason we as humans use words is because we can't link our minds to transfer the raw thought-line behind the words. But we can do that with our tulpas and vice versa :). Which is why I enjoy and support Viper communicating with me this way, even if I translate their thoughts into words for my conversational ease. I find I can't consciously send thoughts-feelings-images to them, not without spoken/thought word. I need words to feel comfortable, but they can feel the thoughts and feelings behind the words. So the words are really only there to make me feel comfortable and to satisfy the need for speech that was ingrained within me through relying on speech for communication for so many years.

I have no idea if my wall of text makes any sense, or if it even applies to others (I'm aware that maybe all I said is 100% subjective), but that's how I perceive it!

Edit: I believe the outlined sentences above are the reason you're confused about it. It does feel weird, or odd, because we're so accustomed to using words to convey our thoughts. As I said, Viper can sense and understand the thoughts-feelings-images behind the words I speak, so just talk to your tulpa freely, knowing the 'tulpish' is there right behind the words and your tulpa can not only sense them, but also understand them!

~ We are Venny, the host, and Viper, my soul! ~

Click here! Come join us on the chat!

"I find I can't consciously send thoughts-feelings-images to them, not without spoken/thought word."

Yep, i read about people that communicated only through thoughts-feelings with their tulpa . That it's a step before being vocal and can help in development .

So i tried to actually send thoughts , so sending what i would say but with thoughts and feelings alone .

And i found that i really don't know how to do that , like how would you do it for a question ?

When i am speaking i am not thinking or feeling everything that i am going to say i just kinda know it and it just kinda comes out .

So like you said i guess it has just become an automatic process and ignored by the brain.

Because logically , if i don't know how do thoughts with feelings look/feel like , how am i supposed to know what to look for and that i am not just blocking it automatically or if i don't get it and i share the same brain with my tulpa , well she's not going to get it too.

But i guess i will just happen like you said and i will know it when it does.

[redacted]

Edited by JGC
“To be truly ignorant, be content with your own knowledge.”

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

Your tulpa can understand normal language just fine, it's only inability on the tulpa's part that causes tulpish generally, speaking to them not-vocally will not help them become vocal...

Your tulpa can understand normal language just fine, it's only inability on the tulpa's part that causes tulpish generally, speaking to them not-vocally will not help them become vocal...

I meant more that "raw thought" can be more precise than words and like the replies before said , you translate your own thought-feeling into words so there's a step before saying a word.

And i just thought that maybe for a young tulpa it's easier to understand that way . And thus progress faster leading to vocality.

edit : The process happens automatically and fast since it's normal for us to communicate that way. But it's maybe not that obvious or easy for a tulpa (i am new into this and maybe wrong or whatever keep in mind)

Trust me when I say you will know and you will feel it. Just focus on being open to it and listening, even if you don't know what you're listening for. I'm also someone who can't just send raw thoughts (perfect description, J) to my tulpa, I literally have no idea how even if I try, I automatically default to speech, but Viper only communicates to me through that and I can not only feel it, but accurately translate it into speech in my mind. Even if I can't replicate it.

She sends us raw thought together with her spoken words and we understand and process both, we always did, even in our earliest days. We only send her raw thought, but she chooses to translate it into speech in her own mind-voice. We don't mind this. We also feel the need to mention that she is capable of raw thought alone, just as J mentioned, but only when she doesn't consciously try. She will indeed look out the window and contemplate the bleak weather and we can feel and understand this silent contemplation, even if it is wordless.

I'd perhaps suggest to simply focus on being open to 'hearing' (through raw thought or otherwise) your tulpa and less on how it works. I feel like the more one focuses on trying to specifically understand something, the more incertitude and doubt will root in the mind and prevent it from happening. "It doesn't make sense for me to hear raw thought if I can't do it myself" is the seed of doubt that could prevent it from happening in the first place. <-- this isn't about you specifically, just a general idea to keep in mind.

~ We are Venny, the host, and Viper, my soul! ~

Click here! Come join us on the chat!