Why Do We Get Head Pressure?

Stevie

Head pressure is a widely reported enough occurrence in tulpamancy that there has to be some reason for it.

Headaches can arise from concentration, and also muscle tension, but there's no mention of just plain pressure that I can find. We could go with the idea that the pressure is just a "baby" headache, but people seem to get it when they're not actively forcing too.

Severe stress can cause head pressure, but when most people are forcing, I assume they're not stressed as hell.

I know that some people try to use the head pressure to communicate with their non-vocal tulpa, which could point to the entire thing being psychosomatic. Head pressure is mentioned in a few different guides, if it wasn't mentioned at all, would it be as highly reported?

What's your experience with head pressure? Any idea where it came from? Do you use it to communicate, or do you write it off as just a symptom of the process? Where do you get the pressure?

If you haven't had head pressure at all, why do you think this is?

We're all gonna make it brah.

No idea

I couldn't create headpressures even if i wanted to and im glad i never caused my host any unpleasant feelings.

He gets dizzy or light headaches when trying to focus for long periods like when trying to impose me but it surely isnt me causing that on purpose.

Super Girls don't cry

It still baffles me that so many people experience head pressure as soon as they start tulpamancing. I've done pretty much everything there is to do with tulpamancing to some extent and I've never experienced it once.. No headaches either. And I get headaches fairly often from allergies or all-day-all-nighters on a game.

So I have no idea.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

It still baffles me that so many people experience head pressure as soon as they start tulpamancing.

Literally the day I started, I got it. It's strange as hell. For a little while I thought that it might have something to do with the face I make when forcing, because I do furrow my brow, but it happens even when I'm relaxing my face and body completely.

It's just such a weird thing because it's not a problem I've personally ever had before, despite doing similar things (daydreaming, writing, whatever) mentally.

It still baffles me that so many people experience head pressure as soon as they start tulpamancing. I've done pretty much everything there is to do with tulpamancing to some extent and I've never experienced it once.

That goes for me too.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

I've never gotten head pressures randomly. Both my girls have proven capable of doing them when asked, but neither ever used them as a form of pre-vocal communication.

-Missy

I've never gotten head pressures randomly. Both my girls have proven capable of doing them when asked, but neither ever used them as a form of pre-vocal communication.

-Missy

When you ask them to create it, can you name a specific location for them to send pressure to?

When you ask them to create it, can you name a specific location for them to send pressure to?

I've never tried it. One second.

...Sort-of. Caramel's are very weak coming from any direction but the front of my head. Melody can make them come from specific directions more readily, but works easier with generalized "head pressure from the left side" types of direction than with applying the pressure to a focused point.

It could just be a lack of practice. I can't particularly say.

-Missy

I've had a couple of times that I've felt head pressure. Markus was able to kind of pulse it when I asked her to. It was a pretty interesting experience, in that Markus was able to show me that she was around without being able to speak :P

Markus is the tulpa, and I don't really have anything else to say.

Markus speaks in Blue!

Well over a year and a half into tulpamancy and I still receive head pressure. But rather than a means of communication per se, as most tulpas seem to "use" it, my pressure seems almost automatic. It's a sign that my tulpas are present in my conscious mind. I don't believe they cause it on purpose, it just sort of happens when they're around?

Now that I think about it, does anyone else experience head pressure in the same way as me? I honestly can't recall any other members describing it in the same terms.

Thunderfall (goes by Thunder)

Male human

Melody

Female lamia