Are you attempting imposition? Have you achieved imposition? (2016 poll)

Guest Anonymous

Are you working on imposition or have you achieved imposition with your tulpa?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Are you working on imposition or have you achieved imposition with your tulpa?

• Yes, my tulpa has full imposition.
    • I am working on imposition with my tulpa and have had partial success.
    • I am working on imposition with my tulpa. No success yet.
    • I have not tried imposition with my tulpa.
    • There is no such thing as imposition. It is a fantasy.

Well, now that there's a poll...

I think the poll is a bit misleading, because with people like me that have achieved perfect imposition in the past but struggle with it now it's hard to say which answer best represents you.

This, for me. I put full imposition, but we don't "have" it, we "had" it. Like I said, we spent a few weeks doing some intense practice and had really good results, but have since let the skill fade as it's not something we really care to do. It was just for research and to see what it was like, I guess. So no "has", but I'll keep the top answer.

That would be an level of unreachable visual imposition if i got it right.

When your tulpa is imposed over your senses, it's not that they're a brick wall that physically blocks your vision, but that your brain has convinced itself of such. If my tulpa were to stand in front of me, I would not be able to see my monitor and I could focus my vision on the air where they were. But I could still *see* my monitor, especially if I really wanted to. But it defaults to not seeing. As for your tulpa seeing things that they are otherwise blocking your vision of, they could use the blurry sensory input my eyes are receiving, but since they're focused much closer to me I assume what they were looking at would be unfocused. So as far as that goes, yeah sure.

Can't honestly say I did too many experiments with the other senses. I didn't get to the point where I really thought I was feeling physical sensations, just the point where I could believe that I was. I think there's a difference, anyway, between when people say they actually feel heat versus just believing you're making contact. Mentally I had touch down, but my mind wasn't tricked into actually feeling anything.

I don't consider "full imposition" to be the point where you lose touch with reality. A tulpa should never prevent you from seeing through them, walking through them, or hearing something. But they can take your focus away from looking at something by walking in front of you, seriously inconvenience your movement because walking through them is rude, or distract you from what you were trying to pay attention to. While you can go further than that, not only do I see no point, but it also seems unhealthy. There's a line between a cool controlled placebo and actual qualifications for a mental disorder. Honestly, if you really, really want your tulpa to be 100% unmistakably real, practice lucid dreaming. Even lunatics with schizophrenic levels of imposition can't compete with how real a lucid dream feels, because it literally is real. Your brain literally engages every sense it would in the waking world - it's a virtual reality and you're completely tied in.

Sure takes a lot of work, though.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Luna was imposed fully she couldn't block out direct sunlight. Even if she could I could probably still feel the radiation searing my retinas, even if I didn't perceive the light.

"I don't consider "full imposition" to be the point where you lose touch with reality. A tulpa should never prevent you from seeing through them, walking through them, or hearing something. But they can take your focus away from looking at something by walking in front of you, seriously inconvenience your movement because walking through them is rude, or distract you from what you were trying to pay attention to. While you can go further than that, not only do I see no point, but it also seems unhealthy. There's a line between a cool controlled placebo and actual qualifications for a mental disorder. Honestly, if you really, really want your tulpa to be 100% unmistakably real, practice lucid dreaming. Even lunatics with schizophrenic levels of imposition can't compete with how real a lucid dream feels, because it literally is real. Your brain literally engages every sense it would in the waking world - it's a virtual reality and you're completely tied in."

Can confirm, Elise pulled me into her lucid dream one time and it was like I was in a virtual reality game. Which is funny, because I've had other lucid dreams in the past and this one somehow felt more real.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

All of Dreamviews can confirm. People underestimate how powerful lucid dreaming is. You might be shocked if you spend some time on Dreamviews just how important they can be. Here it's mostly "meeting your tulpa, for real", which is honestly good enough. But there are much, much wider uses for it. Did you know you can practice skills in lucid dreams, and that practice can carry over to waking life? God knows what an artist could do, as you're like 10x as creatively inclined in dreams as in real life. You can use them to get over fears you have in real life in a safe environment (... where you control every aspect of reality). And, well, you can meet your tulpas. It really is life-changing if used well.

Sure takes a lot of work, though.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Well yes, I'm pretty aware of that, but this was a pretty theoretical version of imposition to start with, like perfection for the tulpa, not for the host. The "impossible" part was about real impossible situations like : You send your tulpa in another room and it can tell you what exactly is inside the room, even though you don't went into the room yourself. The described scenario we discussed before was a bit unclear about if the host could theoretically see the card, or not, since a tulpa is no superpower.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

In those examples, the host would have seen the room before and the reflected light carrying the image of the card would still be hitting the retinas of the host, at least that's how I was poorly trying to describe it.

In those examples, the host would have seen the room before and the reflected light carrying the image of the card would still be hitting the retinas of the host, at least that's how I was poorly trying to describe it.

I know that you mean it this way after you made it more clear the first time, but since it was described poorly i prefered to go with both versions, the possible and the impossible one. Everything beside your intended meaning would be simply nonsense or metaphysical, so i wanted to clear that up aswell.

Oops, you guys were talking about the ESP card experiment, my bad. I skimmed over that and thought you were talking about a host being unable to see through their tulpa, but the tulpa accessing seeing from their perspective. Imposition is just projected imagination, any real signs of presence in the physical world would be metaphysical/ESP and outside the scope of tulpamancy.

No, we weren't talking about the ESP card thing. Phrasing it like that was a mistake. I should have said something with "how many fingers am I holding up" where the tulpa could see, the host could not consciously see, and light was hitting the retinas of the host.

Oh I was right then. So return to my previous previous previous post. If the host is focusing on their tulpa (who would be in the air, which is odd vision-wise), then their vision is very much not focused to anything further away. Put one finger in front of your face right now and focus on it, and then quickly move it away and try not to refocus. Do you see how insanely blurry your monitor is? That's why I said it'd have minimal results for the tulpa - they'd barely be able to see anything.

Oh I was right then. So return to my previous previous previous post. If the host is focusing on their tulpa (who would be in the air, which is odd vision-wise), then their vision is very much not focused to anything further away. Put one finger in front of your face right now and focus on it, and then quickly move it away and try not to refocus. Do you see how insanely blurry your monitor is? That's why I said it'd have minimal results for the tulpa - they'd barely be able to see anything.

This is a valid point, atleast regarding distances. If the distance between the focused object and the "invisible" object get's to big it would be simply blurry and hard to identify. If you put them on basically the same distance it wouldn't cause that much problems, though.