The Kamehameha technique

neo

Question

Yes it's exactly what you're thinking! This is the way I started to get a hold on visual imposition, by using this technique given to us by Master Roshi.
The point of this exercise is to learn how it feels to visually impose, I'm by no means an expert but I can do small impositions already. I hope this can be a jump start to you as well.

First you will need to put your hands together like you're holding an invisible ball.

You will need to have something black on the background, I use a black sheet I have.

Hold your hands in a way so that you see only your hands and the black background, not too close to the face but not too far either.

Now this is how it starts:

Try to see what's in the empty space between your hands, not the background, pay attention to the visual noise that is there while focusing on trying to start a spark, nothing fancy, just a spark. Create the expectation to see a small ball of light grow out like it's coming from another dimension. For me it's easy with blue but for you it may be some other color.

Focus on the visual noise in a very small area, how it feels to see the visual noise and eventually you should see some of the dots become brighter, focus on those dots and some even brighter will show up, when they do focus on those, like you're climbing a ladder, when you get to that point you need to remember to hold the feeling of seeing the sparks, don't get too excited or you will have to start all over.

If you keep that up for some time get ready to see some crazy stuff afterwards, I just did that and I keep seeing rainbows and floating shapes everywhere without trying. I think they call this CEV level 4. I hope this can be a shortcut to you.

Once you got a good grasp on how it feels to visually impose, you can try with more complex shapes.

Hope this was helpful.

5 answers to this question

Overall, I think this tip stands out. It’s simple, you stayed on topic, it was clear what you were explaining, relatively good organization, and I think it may be useful to the potential reader.

I have two main nitpicks.

The first is to revise the title to something like “Imposition - The Kamehameha Technique”. This way the reader knows what you’re targeting before they go in.

The second is just to change the “got” in “Once you got a good grasp...” to “have”.

After these changes are made, I will approve for tips and tricks.

-Hector

Overall, this trick is straightforward, simple, and it seems to work after I tested it. The main things holding this back from my approval are several grammar issues, uncertain language, and a couple other problems.

Specific Problems:

Spoiler
On 4/5/2020 at 3:40 PM, neo said:

I'm by no means an expert but I can do small impositions already. I hope this can be a jump start to you as well.

This conflicts with the assumption you are the expert on your topic when you write a submission. Instead of saying "I'm by no means an expert", you can say "This method will help you get a jump start on imposition". You are an expert on this specific beginner technique, and ultimately you are not required to be an expert on imposition or else this would be a guide and not a trick.

visual noise

It would help to briefly elaborate what visual noise is or offer a link to a resource that explains it in more depth. I know that visual noise is the hallucinations you have when staring at something dark due to the absence of light, but a beginner, your target audience, may not know that.

I think they call this CEV level 4. I hope this can be a shortcut to you.

Again, it is assumed you are the expert and this contradicts that assumption. In this case, it's okay to double check what the definition for CEV level 4 is by looking it up on Google so you don't have to report your uncertainty in your submission.

CEVs state that your eyes are closed while this method implies your eyes are open (hence you being able to see your hands and focusing on a dark surface). Calling the hallucinations you experience using this method CEV level 4 is probably inaccurate.

It may be best to leave those sentences out all together because this only seems partially related to your method.

Grammar:

Spoiler

Try to see what's in the empty space between your hands, not the background, pay attention to the visual noise that is there while focusing on trying to start a spark, nothing fancy, just a spark.

This run-off sentence needs to be broken up. Here's one way you can do it-

Try to see what's in the empty space between your hands, not the background. Pay attention to the visual noise that is there while focusing on trying to start a spark. Nothing fancy, just a spark.

Create the expectation [...]

Replace with "Expect"

For me it's easy with blue [...]

"with blue" is not the best wording. Here's one possible fix:

"For me it's easier to see by imagining blue light, [...]"

Focus on the visual noise in a very small area, how it feels to see the visual noise and eventually you should see some of the dots become brighter, focus on those dots and some even brighter will show up, when they do focus on those, like you're climbing a ladder, when you get to that point you need to remember to hold the feeling of seeing the sparks, don't get too excited or you will have to start all over.

This run-off sentence also needs to be broken up and re-drafted. The part from "[...] focus on those dots...focus on those," [...] seems redundant, so that part can be removed. I tried to add in commas, periods, and conjunctions to make the sentences more clear, but I found myself attempting to reword things all together.

If you keep that up for some time get ready to see some crazy stuff afterwards, I just did that and I keep seeing rainbows and floating shapes everywhere without trying.

Multiple things-

1) Add a comma after "time".

2) A period after "afterwards".

3) Replace "keep that up" with "keep this up".

4) Remove "just".

5) Replace "keep seeing" with "saw".

It would look like this after the changes are made-

If you keep this up for some time, get ready to see some crazy stuff afterwards. I did that and I saw rainbows and floating shapes everywhere without trying.

Once you got a good grasp [...]

Replace "got" with "have".

[...] you can try with more complex shapes. 

Add "this" after "try".

I will approve this for Tips and Tricks after these changes are made.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

I like this, it's clear and concise and it works.

I have no other nitpicks that haven't been highlighted by Hector and Ranger, once their concerns have been fixed I'll approve for tips and tricks

On 4/5/2020 at 2:40 PM, neo said:

Hold your hands in a way so that you see only your hands and the black background, not too close to the face but not too far either.

it is unclear what would be too close or too far; please specify

On 4/5/2020 at 2:40 PM, neo said:

I think they call this CEV level 4.

this is not CEV level anything because it is an open eye hallucination, so this sentence should be removed, unless you got this when your eyes were closed, in which case you should specify that you got it when your eyes were closed

the method of paying attention to visual noise has not worked well for me when I was learning imposition, however enough other people have attested to that sort of thing working, so clearly it is a good method for at least some people. once you fix those two things that I pointed out, I will approve for tips and tricks

I would also like to point out a few things that my fellow reviewers have asked for which I do not think would improve the guide, or which I think would make the guide worse:

On 4/18/2020 at 1:53 PM, Osaka said:

The first is to revise the title to something like “Imposition - The Kamehameha Technique”. This way the reader knows what you’re targeting before they go in.

I am not certain if it was this way when you reviewed this guide, but right now at least, this guide has the imposition tag, so it is already fairly obvious that it is about imposition.

On 4/18/2020 at 1:53 PM, Osaka said:

The second is just to change the “got” in “Once you got a good grasp...” to “have”.

On 4/21/2020 at 2:38 PM, Ranger said:

Replace "got" with "have".

saying "got" in that sentence is perfectly ordinary in some dialects of english, and quite easily understandable in those that it is not typical in

Replace with "Expect" [in reference to the phrase "create the expectation"]

in my opinion it is easier to read and makes more sense how it was originally

"with blue" is not the best wording. Here's one possible fix:

"For me it's easier to see by imagining blue light, [...]" [in reference to the clause "for me, it's easy with blue"]

again, this "fix" makes it more difficult to read. saying "with blue" sounds perfectly fine to me. in fact, if anything seems off to me about this sentence it is that it says "easy" when it seems like it would make more sense to say "easier" or "easiest"

3) Replace "keep that up" with "keep this up".

4) Remove "just".

5) Replace "keep seeing" with "saw". [in reference to the sentence "If you keep that up for some time get ready to see some crazy stuff afterwards, I just did that and I keep seeing rainbows and floating shapes everywhere without trying."]

none of these changes make it any easier to read, and they also slightly change the meaning of the sentence.

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

I tried this and so far saw a red(ish) spot and the color of my hands' skin in between my palms. Can't seem to get any sparks or balls of light...