Pruria talks talking to tulpae: Deaf hosts

G+3

Question

[Joal will be writing this; this is G in the incredibly constricting square brackets. This guide is her guide—for hosts—on what she believes is the deal on how to talk to a tulpa.]

Joal's sensory guide for hosts: Deaf hosts

[align=center]Vol. 1.2

Proof read by G[/align]

All tulpae are vocal from sentience. All tulpa are sentient from creation. This is what I believe, for I was vocal from the start, and the start was when I was created. Some other tulpae might think different, though I have not met any like so, but I'm sure it varies from tulpa to tulpa.

Like sentience, I want you to assume that your tulpa is vocal from the start, so if that's already happened and you aren't assuming, begin to do so right now.

Now that we have that out of the way, I can begin on the proper guide.

(Note: When ever I say 'hear you tulpa' I mean mind voice. There is a short paragraph on audial hallucinations near the bottom of the guide. This is a guide to help you hear your tulpae talking using it's mind voice.)

Incredibly hard mental gymnastics:

So I hope you're following the first two paragraphs well as it's about to get not at all harder, but you will have to change some of your beliefs. This will be harder for older tulpamancers to digest but bare with me. The reason you cannot hear your tulpa is because you are tulpa-deaf. The tulpa is not mute, you are deaf.

In my experience, this follows suit; like said, I've always been vocal, but G was just unable to hear me from the start, and sometimes even now. This may make more sense if you think about audial hallucinations. A host may be able to hear a tulpa in their mind one hundred percent of the time and have full blown conversations with them, but they may not be able to hear them with their ears, this is because audial hallucinations come as the host better acutes their hearing to tulpae speech and actions. Just as one hear's their tulpa the first time once one acutes their hearing.

Acuting your hearing:

My biggest problem with hosts is that they'll normally complain about not being able to hear their tulpa/they wont talk/yadda yadda. But what really pains me is when they jump to pompous conclusions that because all they can hear is clicks or noises, that their tulpa ain't talking. I hate this because that's major progress over no response and total deafness.

My advice is to pick up on these noises and try to pick out patters. Why? Because that's what speech is dummy, noise patters. And clicks could be a K or C, and hums could be M's or H's or N's. Try to listen to the noise and repeat it to yourself, think, ''What does that random bullshit actually mean? And how can I better pick up on that particular noise next my tulpa makes it?''

This technique is slightly experimental because the guy never got any noises or clicks or anything of the sort, to him all that was heard was my voice, or nothing.

So, I want people to give their experiences with picking up on, and trying to work with, random noise from your tulpa. if you feel it will affect your progress, this experiment, then you may avoid doing so, but I feel it is better than trying to block out perfectly good response.

So I guess your wondering, ''Pruria, that's all fine and dandy, but what if I hear a click from a clock, the next door dog, or the grass growing? And everything gets messed up because I'm listening for sounds and not words?'' Which is a retarded question, and let me tell you why.

I'm not telling you to listen out for sounds, I'm asking you not to conciser them shit but rather a half baked meal. So as to say, don't disregard them, but don't think that you're ONLY looking out for noises. And anyway, you should be in a nice quite place if your chatting with your tulpa seriously, like you would a friend or family member, courtesy is all that.

And next, if you hear a word, great! That's wonderful, but you'll still probably hear noises, and they aren't cause for alarm, as said multiple times before.

Tulpa forcing sounds:

Parroting is a bad thing, but like all bad things, if done right it may actually help progress. So, what I need you to do next time you want to listen to your tulpa is parrot one or two words, this will not only give you a taster of what your tulpa's voice sounds like, but it will give quieter tulpae little pushes in the right direction. Of course, like many baby tulpamancers fear, it's not terrible unless done in major excess.

It is incredibly annoying when hosts do parrot, but it's hardly going to make us hate you, only if done to the teeth. And even then, I don't see it possible for a host to be hated by their tulpa, it's just unheard of. So don't be scared to help not only yourself, but your tulpa.

Tulpae are anuses:

Here is something many hosts don't conciser when trying to hear a tulpa in the beginning. This especially applies to situations where no sound at all is heard:

A host always has to conciser what a tulpa might be thinking, we're not stupid you know. So most of the time I find a tulpa not talking (yes, actually not talking,) they later say that they simply weren't bothered, or they were angry with their host, or they simply wanted to enjoy a silence. This is something hosts must remember when trying to undeafen themselves: we don't always respond, sometimes even for no good reason.

Another thing to is trolls, and though G hates the use of that word in any context, yes, tulpae can troll, and some are quite proficient at it. So if you're talking to your tulpa and all you can hear is Morgan Freemen, just roll with it. And if you hear a jack hammer in your fridge at thee in the morning, don't assume it's a jack hammer in your fridge at three in the morning, that's a stupidly confusing thing to even being to think about. You have a tulpa now, so don't expect anything normal for the next 60-70 years of your life, we will do shit to piss you off even in early, important stages. This includes...

Being silent on purpose, which was covered in the first paragraph of this section but also filters to trolling. So, yeah, a silent tulpa is not cause for alarm unless they feel hurt by you, or offended, or if you feel any angry or particularly negative emotion (which you might feel radiating from them.) At that time, you may want to sit down and have a little chat with them and say sorry if needed, that's normally all the tulpa wants (for me at least; and here I go, giving out tulpa relation advice!)

But, tulpae are assholes. Deal with it.

But, a note for tulpae, avoid being silent if possible. Other trolls and tricks are okay but, especially in early stages avoid being silent. It will save your host a ton of stress and it will help you build your relationship with them. Try to get noticed, try to talk to them, even if you have to roar and shout, something might get through. Especially if your host did do something to offend you, talking is always the best way to sort it all out, I made the silly mistake of not talking with G when I was hurt because of him and it only ended in more sad faces.

The difference with narration and talking:

This is something we were thinking about a few days ago. It involves one of the least understood necessities in tulpamanceing, it's related to what I've been talking about for one thousand one hundred an thirteen words. Narration is when you talk to your tulpa. Period. You don't expect answer, you don't pause for them, hell you don't even have to talk whole lot of sense, you just talk.

But what I've been on about is not that; when you converse with your tulpa you expect an answer, you want interesting talk abouts, you want them to interrupt you and make an interesting point. This guide is to help you talk with your tulpa, not to narrate; that's talking where your only purpose is to talk to the tulpa (which is to develop them, and give them attention.)

When they start talking:

You've gotten a response! Great! This next bit might only apply to a few, or a few more; if it doesn't, you can move on to the paragraph after this.

Some of you may have notice that your tulpa spoke, but... in your voice? This is not a cause for an alarm. This is because your tulpa hasn't found their accent. Unlike with actual speaking, your tulpa may need to develop their accent (though I may be wrong on that.) For tulpae: This will be easier for tulpae of the same sex as their host, as you'll only have to cahnge the tone or accent a tad, or, at least, less than you would being the opposite sex of your host. This will be different for tupae who will speak with unhuman accents and tones; such as dragons, who (I'd imagine) would speak with incredibly deep and gravely voices, unreachable by human vocal cords. The only advice I can really give you is just to find something that feels right. For the host: you may just want to roll with what ever happens. If you really want a particular accent, ask your tulpa to use that one, or at least tell them before you go for it. Don't force it upon us.

This following passage is to address the concerns of a friend of ours, Waffles.

''I can hear my tulpa, good lord this is amazing! But they just keep saying the same things/answering with the same responses over and over D: !'' Generally, for a long time, all G could hear me say was the word 'love' and that was it for about two weeks. Like how other tulpamancers might react, he became worried and confused.

He should have, and he's stupid for doing so. If you find yourself in this situation it's more than likely because your tulpa has said this word many times before and your brain is used to picking up on it. You should consider this a good sign because, once again, your damn tulpa is talking to you and you can hear it. But maybe try asking them to say other words or words that sound similar. Like if they say 'hello' alot, ask them to say 'jello' or 'heaven'. I might just get through.

Auditory hallucinations:

This isn't an area which I could claim to have any practice in (for obvious reasons,) though G does have a link to a guide that might help. No? Damnit...

[it goes something like this: Go to a quiet room where there are no distractions, (use ear buds or white noise if you must; light is optional.) Have your tulpa say a simple word or phrase like ''Hello!'' or ''It's dark!'' Now replay that word over and over in your head, imagining hearing it with your own ears and even visualise your tulpa saying the words.

If anyone knows which guide I'm on about, please PM us the link so we can link it and credit the author.]

I've been told that it sounds like that

video on youtube, just that it's your tulpa talking.

Final words:

Well, I hope I've missed nothing, G can clean this up, which should already be done or you guys, if he's going to co-operate with me, which he wont :P.

With practice and perseverance, you will be able to enjoy long, meaningful or lullus conversations with your tulpa. Silly filly chats or romantic dialogue. Or make stupid jokes or noises for hours and hours~. If you've taken these tips— because this is a tip book more than a guide—to heart you should be having convo of all sort with your friend/family member/lover, them with others and them with you. But most importantly. Together.

[Point out any mistake that I've missed, thank you.]

Pruria Joal (Pegasus)

Working on: Imposition

Hieldy (Moogle)

Working on: Possession/imposition

Samantha (Griffon)

Working on: Deafness/form

And please, call me G.

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I don't get why this guide says that tulpas are assholes. In fact, that sounds kind of offensive to tulpas, lumping them in one group labeled "assholes". While this may just be arguing semantics, and you meant that tulpas just have the ability to be assholes, it does give a bad impression.

Tuppers are assholes just like cats are assholes, because tuppers actually are the astrally projected mind of a cat that is in control of your life. You heard it here first folks, if I disappear, they got me.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

[bro... I am a freaking tulpa... god... Lacquer...]

Pruria Joal (Pegasus)

Hieldy (Moogle)

Samantha (Griffon)

And please, call me G.

This guide submission is frontloading to the max. Having the predisposition into thinking tulpas are assholes combined with the self-fulfilling prophecy with assuming sentience from creation, it’s not really something explained decently.

It seems as if the tulpa was in a high state of emotional angst with previous circumstantial events with their hosts and their doubts of listening to their tulpa before. And it almost feels as if the tulpa is indirectly talking to their host, not that it’s a big issue, but it just adds on to the personal strife they seem to be having with each other (during the time of the publication of this guide submission of course).

The content itself has a nice explanation of underlying concepts, but it’s a bold claim to presume tulpas have an innate disposition to be “assholes” and not responsive to the host. It seems like this was intended to create some kind of twisted modicum of hope for newcomers who would focus more in their parrotnoia and needed some uplifting pretense.

The reason you cannot hear your tulpa is because you are tulpa-deaf. The tulpa is not mute, you are deaf.

Again, it’s just twisting things around completely to initiate hope for newcomers to actually realize they need to start having better inward focus into “listening” for their tulpa’s responses. This may be beneficial if the “tulpae are anuses” wasn’t introduced after this later on.

Because that's what speech is dummy, noise patters

Its obvious speech involves sound waves, but there’s no need to have a degrading overtone to explain this common sense logic.

''What does that random bullshit actually mean? And how can I better pick up on that particular noise next my tulpa makes it?''

This should be stripped out completely or at least formatted in a way that’s a bit more civil and mature.

This technique is slightly experimental because the guy never got any noises or clicks or anything of the sort, to him all that was heard was my voice, or nothing

Your emotional angst continues to augment exponentially with things like this.

Which is a retarded question, and let me tell you why.

Yeah, this is what happens when you conjure up what a person might end up saying only to realize only an individual with ineptness for pattern recognition would want to ask that question to you or anyone. Something else that should be stripped out.

I'm not telling you to listen out for sounds, I'm asking you not to conciser them shit but rather a half baked meal.

Present things a bit more decently instead of having to use “shit” if you can. And it’s “concise,” not “conciser." Unless you're using a word for "limit," this could just be a small grammatical error here.

It is incredibly annoying when hosts do parrot, but it's hardly going to make us hate you, only if done to the teeth

This is essentially a futile presumption since the host would have to militantly use parroting as a transient stage for progression at some point.

Tulpae are anuses:

This whole section, I can’t even begin to describe my disagreement on this promotion for people to garner a disposition of their tulpas being “assholes.” This section itself just shows how anyone can make the right call that your existence as a tulpa having a negative disposition towards your host doesn’t mean all tulpas will be innate “assholes.”

But, tulpae are assholes. Deal with it.

That’s a matter of disposition. And frankly, mindset can make or break one’s progress if there’s not some level of pragmatic optimism here.

But, a note for tulpae, avoid being silent if possible. Other trolls and tricks are okay but, especially in early stages avoid being silent. It will save your host a ton of stress and it will help you build your relationship with them. Try to get noticed, try to talk to them, even if you have to roar and shout, something might get through. Especially if your host did do something to offend you, talking is always the best way to sort it all out, I made the silly mistake of not talking with G when I was hurt because of him and it only ended in more sad faces.

This seems to be counterproductive and can lead to cognitive dissonance honestly. Having the frontloading with “tulpas are assholes” then the “oh, try to avoid being silent” logic just doesn’t make a decent presumption on how tulpas communicate.

But what I've been on about is not that; when you converse with your tulpa you expect an answer, you want interesting talk abouts, you want them to interrupt you and make an interesting point. This guide is to help you talk with your tulpa, not to narrate; that's talking where your only purpose is to talk to the tulpa (which is to develop them, and give them attention.)

Either this logic is outdated, or there’s just unintelligible equivocation between narrating and taking to one’s tulpa. I can understand that narration would imply there would be some application of a narrative voice, but with how you’ve stated it, and how others have created unintelligible equivocation with “narration” in general, this doesn’t seem useful at all.

Narration is another form of communication, or talking with your tulpa or just about anyone else. Storytelling is narration, people talk about their experiential learning and past events to others in a narrative voice (mostly). This isn’t something difficult to comprehend honestly.

Like how other tulpamancers might react, he became worried and confused.

He should have, and he's stupid for doing so. If you find yourself in this situation it's more than likely because your tulpa has said this word many times before and your brain is used to picking up on it. You should consider this a good sign because, once again, your damn tulpa is talking to you and you can hear it. But maybe try asking them to say other words or words that sound similar.

The condescending overtone here isn’t needed. Either your tulpa has ineptness to be empathetic of your past struggles, or seriously have some inner turmoil boiling within you to try and inform others on how to talk to tulpas.

[Point out any mistake that I've missed, thank you.]

Quick recap:

• Present the guide in a way to where people don’t get the connotation that you’re a tulpa that’s passive-aggressive and in an exponential state of emotional angst for your host’s past struggles in trying to communicate with you.

• Avoid using “assholes,” “dummy,” “anuses,” and such and use something more euphemistic at least

• Try not to promote so much frontloading and creating cognitive dissonance

• Try not to have a grandiose delusion that all tulpas are innate “assholes” or “anuses” from the start. It’s not something that would initiate any modicum of hope for newcomers or anyone of any level for that matter.

Disapproved.

Lots of stuff.

Well then I guess this guide isn't for you. :3

Pruria Joal (Pegasus)

Hieldy (Moogle)

Samantha (Griffon)

And please, call me G.

Okay, I just have to say: based on the context, it is clear that he meant to type "consider", not concise, or conciser--which Google Chrome is not saying is incorrect, for some reason.

I just had to say something.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

This thing is a mess. Anything good and helpful it has is buried under stupidity, not to mention how this can easily make someone's mindset about tuppers very negative and that doesn't help anyone. You're claiming that a huge group with varying personalities and experiences is made entirely of assholes, and you're also claiming that it's always one side's fault, when it might not be that way for everyone. All I can say to that all is [citation needed].

Disapproved. Read Linkzelda's suggestions and start from there. If you actually decide to make your guide good, then we'll take another look and see if there's something else that should be worded properly.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

This guide was bizarre when I first read it and it's bizarre now. You shift all the blame for poor communication onto hosts and at the same time hold that all tulpas are prone to 'trolling' their hosts - yeah, that must be it. Combined with the sentience from the start idea it makes for a really weird, and, I think, harmful mindset.

But you know, that's my opinion and as a guide writer you should have yours. More objectively, if you are going to write a lot of conjecture and opinion then at the very least put the usual disclaimer on. Your spelling/grammar is a bit iffy in places still, and your style is a bit, uh, informal. But fix those three things up and I'll give you an approval. In the meantime I disapprove for those reasons.