Speaking in other language

raphael97

I narrate to my tulpa Catherine a lot, she is developing well now but there is a thing that is happening and I can't get out of my mind, she speaks more in english.

I will explain: I speak english but it is not my mother language, my language is Portuguese from Brazil but most of the day I read things in English and hear things in English so most of the time my mind is filled with toughts in this language, I don't know if she hears more the English toughts than the Portuguese ones. I don't have any problem with she speaking mostly English, at least I am hearing her, but what keeps me curious about is, it is possible for me to hear her speak more English because that is the language she most is familiar with and the language that I am normally using? I did hear her speak Portuguese before but it seems that she speak English much more. Seems like the English toughts are more simply interpreted by me (as much words you can understand from a Tulpa who still are developing).

I thinks its a hard question but if anyone had passed this, please, answer.

*Forgive me for any mistakes in english language.

DA: http://red-duke.deviantart.com/

It might be that English is just the language that's more ingrained in your subconscious, so that's how she learns to communicate. Sure, she might pick up on Portuguese when you speak it to her or think in it, but if most of your thoughts are in English, that's probably what she'll primarily speak.

Think of it like this: I grew up with a friend who I carpooled with. His mom's native language was German but she lived in the US most of her life and spoke without any accent at all, so it was like she knew English as a first language. She spoke mainly in Enlish I my friend, but she also occasionally spoke German while raising him. So while he ended being very proficient in speaking German, what he was mainly brought up to speak and heard most of the time was English, so that was his first language.

It seems the same thing is happening with your tulpa. Hope I could offer some insight, and good luck to the both of you!

[align=center]Even though my username is that of my tulpa, Quilten, my name is Phaneron, the host, who does all of the actual posting.

Tulpas: Quilten, Jira

[/align]

Language shouldn't affect progress at all, words don't mean anything to your mind, only the thoughts attached to them. English or Portuguese should both work about the same assuming you can think efficiently in both. Even then, a lot of tulpa development is thought-based and words are only a formality. Tulpas originally communicate through mindvoice before learning to speak words(from what I've seen) anyway, and I don't think vocalization is completely necessary for thorough development of said tulpa. Sure is useful though.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

As I said don't have any problems with the language she speaks, as said, language is not the primary way a Tulpa communicates but thanks for the answers, I wonder if someone have experienced what I described. Anyway, thanks again!

*Forgive me for any mistakes in english language.

DA: http://red-duke.deviantart.com/

[Hello sir raphael.. you don't need to worry about developing languages. Your tulpa will automatically adapt and learn your mother language. Nihi's National language isn't English too and he narrated and talked to me always in english and not in his mother tongue language, but through out my development he doesn't need to, because I already know and understand how to speak his national language, It is up to her if she wants to speak in your national language or not, but, me i prefer english :3]

[Eeeyup :D you don't need to worry about languages because your tulpa will automatically learn and understand it...but of course if you are used on speaking in english i guess your tulpa might have a little trouble but yes it is easy to adapt]

Yeah, they are right you don't need to worry too much about languages because they will just scan your memories and understand it there...or if the body is used to speaking in portugese then they will easily learn how to speak it and understand it. I've never talk to summer and cherry in my national language but they can talk and understand it completely... and speak it fluently Vocally

Hello! I am nihi, i have 3 tulpas

Summer

Myrtle

Cherry

I narrate to my tulpa Catherine a lot, she is developing well now but there is a thing that is happening and I can't get out of my mind, she speaks more in english.

I will explain: I speak english but it is not my mother language, my language is Portuguese from Brazil but most of the day I read things in English and hear things in English so most of the time my mind is filled with toughts in this language, I don't know if she hears more the English toughts than the Portuguese ones. I don't have any problem with she speaking mostly English, at least I am hearing her, but what keeps me curious about is, it is possible for me to hear her speak more English because that is the language she most is familiar with and the language that I am normally using? I did hear her speak Portuguese before but it seems that she speak English much more. Seems like the English toughts are more simply interpreted by me (as much words you can understand from a Tulpa who still are developing).

I thinks its a hard question but if anyone had passed this, please, answer.

KHost: It happens to me too: English is not my mother tongue but I use it a lot. The more I read/listen/talk in English, the more I think in English, so I hear my tulpa using that language as well.

I also noticed that we use different languages for different topics sometimes. For example, most of the guides on tulpamancy are in English, so when K and I talk about tulpamancy, we do so in English. But if we are talking about some real life friends, we usually talk in our mother tongue, because it's the language we use to interact with them (well, the language *I* use actually...).

While I was rushing downward to the lowland,

Before mine eyes did one present himself,

Who seemed from long-continued silence hoarse.

When I beheld him in the desert vast,

“Have pity on me,” unto him I cried,

“Whiche’er thou art, or shade or real man!”