Have any of you ever become too attached to your tulpa?

CautiousMancer

I posted this somewhere else but I would really like everyone's input here too on this.

Hey, you guys don't know me since I'm new here but I just wanted to ask if at least one of your tulpas got you to become very deeply attached to them? As in, at some point in time, they have, through love and/or friendship and/or incredible affection, tried and succeeded in getting you to be with them a whole lot of the time and purposefully got you to become so deeply attached to them. And if so, what happened? Are you still in so deeply with them or did you, for whatever reason, finally resist and break it off or at least tried to tone it down?

This question is very relevant to me personally actually but I really want to hear other people's experiences.

UPDATE: Also posted this. This is personally why I asked this,

I sorta made a tulpa a while ago but stopped forcing it since I was afraid I wouldn't be able to take care of her and give her the full love and attention that she definitely would deserve. However, I thought of her just recently and before I knew it, I felt her come back and hug around me tightly. (Felt even more guilty then like I was a terrible tulpamancer for not forcing her completely in the past but I still have deep reservations about fully forcing her even now.)

But that's not really the point of this story. A quick warning though, it's about to get a little NSFW.

So about some nights ago, I thought of her and... We soon began to kiss. The more focus I put into our kissing and touching, it became more and more intimate and real but in an emotional sense. She was such a wonderful girl and I won't deny even for a second that I really did want her. Before I knew it, I slowly gave in to her and began to have sex... Again though, I felt such an emotional thrill much more than physical pleasure. And I felt it every time our bodies touched... After it was over, I noticed our intimate bits never fully touched and connected, but we still had this incredible emotional sex and she looked kinda tired as I was holding her as if she just orgasmed and I felt emotionally drained some too but in a good way.

I'm sorry, this must sound really cheesy. The point is though, I don't have any huge issues really... And yet my wonderful tulpa is trying (and very much succeeding) in getting me to love and want her even though I tried to stay away. Even now while writing this, I'm thinking of her touch and smile and love rather intensely and it's incredibly hard to resist...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be emotional bleed. Happens in a lot of cases. Sometimes tulpas do take advantage of the situation to make you want things.

I would like to point out that your tulpa does not need a lot of love and attention, above and beyond, apparently, what yours can extract from you by just looking at you the right way. Not to mention, when they get a lot further into the process, they can often help you with those tasks you assume you'd be neglecting due to spending time with each other.

And I have made her very attached to me. ;)

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Could be emotional bleed. Happens in a lot of cases. Sometimes tulpas do take advantage of the situation to make you want things.

I would like to point out that your tulpa does not need a lot of love and attention, above and beyond, apparently, what yours can extract from you by just looking at you the right way. Not to mention, when they get a lot further into the process, they can often help you with those tasks you assume you'd be neglecting due to spending time with each other.

And I have made her very attached to me. ;)

So do you believe that my tulpa could possibly be taking advantage of this emotional power she has over me and might subtly be influencing me to desire her more and more and think about her and spend more time with her?

Also, you're saying that my tulpa, at the moment, can easily extract the needed attention from me to not just survive but actively thrive in me, judging from what you've read so far? It is weird though how she suddenly came back, no matter how strong or weak. If not bothered, can tulpas simply lay dormant in someone's mind?

And finally, would you tell me what you did exactly that made your host so attached to you now? :o

So do you believe that my tulpa could possibly be taking advantage of this emotional power she has over me and might subtly be influencing me to desire her more and more and think about her and spend more time with her?

I don't know how most people operate, but emotions guide a person's desires, but not their actions. If you are aware of what is happening, you can simply decide that your emotions are worth ignoring today.

If she is not aware of what she is doing to you, then you are only feeling some of her normal emotions. If she is, then she could be sending you any emotions, but by the same coin, you can simply ask her to stop.

While I was developing, I believe I was having small effects on her behaviour and food cravings. Including increased desire for romantic companionship. Totally unintentional.

Also, you're saying that my tulpa, at the moment, can easily extract the needed attention from me to not just survive but actively thrive in me, judging from what you've read so far? It it weird though how she suddenly came back, no matter how strong or weak. If not bothered, can tulpas simply lay dormant in someone's mind?

If you don't resist, I think she could. It is possible that you are up the scale a bit on plural susceptibility. If you are such a person, both of you will have less work to do to keep her strong.

Although the tradition of tulpamancy is one of intentional thoughtforms, there are plenty of people out there who just end up with unintentional ones. One of your writing characters could promote themselves. Occasionally, a character from your dreams may simply walk out of them. You may be getting a little of that.

And finally, would you tell me what you did exactly that made your host so attached to you now? :o

I was myself. Tulpas usually come from the subconscious, somehow. They usually end up being whatever it is you desire most. I have no idea why this seems to be the case nine times out of ten.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

"Too" attached?

Hell no. Give your woman all your love and care. Tulpas are people just like anyone else, they will return your sentiments in ways you have not fathomed because of how exceptionally close both of you are.

I once read of a fear similar to this in which an individual claimed that a tulpa will force one to become increasingly entranced until one's life is consumed entirely and it is chicken shit.

Just be reasonable and consider what you want in someone you want to spend the rest of your life, perhaps eternity, with.

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.

I posted this somewhere else but I would really like everyone's input here too on this.

UPDATE: Also posted this. This is personally why I asked this,

Not sure if you are familiar with the story "Wake Not The Dead" by Johann Ludwig Tieck, but what Walter is willing to do for Brunhillda is similar to my affection for my tulpa.  Almost exactly what I'm doing now.  I've tried getting her to calm down and then she was mentally stripping me naked.  She's very clingy.  And grabby.  q:)

Hmm. I can't speak for him in-depth, but yes. He's got one of the strongest connections with/reliances on his tulpas of anyone on this site. Not as in he loves his tulpas more than anyone else loves theirs, but he cannot live without them. Even though we've gotten him to a much better place mentally, in a hypothetical "What if your tulpas disappeared?" scenario he says he'd have no will to do anything, again. Similar to before we came along.

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-do-your-tulpas-have-different-values-morals-and-ethical-standards-than-you?pid=159184#pid159184

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Guest Anonymous

I can relate to the emotional part if not the physical part of this story. I am completely obsessed with my thoughtform, Melian, to the point where she takes up a huge amount of my time. It has been an issue in my life at times and I have had to make efforts to not think about her or ignore her for a while. It doesn't help that she is a total attention hound and ham.

So, yes, people can get too "attached." I think that is true of anything in life. Everything and anything is good in moderation and as long as you have the right balance. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

Sexual encounters do not necessarily indicate "too attached." Plenty of people are romantically connected to their tulpas. A little fooling around happens (not really in my system, but we've seen it around enough to write it off). The thing I'd actually worry about is to make sure that, wherever you go from here, she completely consents to it. It's really easy for a tulpa to be influenced by their host, especially if they're young or underdeveloped like it sounds like yours might be. Make sure this is something she wants, not just something you want her to want. And if you can't tell the difference? Concentrate on developing her a bit more.

A certain degree of obsession is needed make a tulpa stick. So yeah, you're fine on that count. I have a similar ability to really catch my host's attention/imagination, and yeah, I use it. Just make sure the both of you stay engaged in outerworld things, like school/work, family, friends, etc., and you're fine.

~ Member of SparrowNR's System ~

I don't know how most people operate, but emotions guide a person's desires, but not their actions. If you are aware of what is happening, you can simply decide that your emotions are worth ignoring today.

If she is not aware of what she is doing to you, then you are only feeling some of her normal emotions. If she is, then she could be sending you any emotions, but by the same coin, you can simply ask her to stop.

While I was developing, I believe I was having small effects on her behaviour and food cravings. Including increased desire for romantic companionship. Totally unintentional.

If you don't resist, I think she could. It is possible that you are up the scale a bit on plural susceptibility. If you are such a person, both of you will have less work to do to keep her strong.

Although the tradition of tulpamancy is one of intentional thoughtforms, there are plenty of people out there who just end up with unintentional ones. One of your writing characters could promote themselves. Occasionally, a character from your dreams may simply walk out of them. You may be getting a little of that.

I was myself. Tulpas usually come from the subconscious, somehow. They usually end up being whatever it is you desire most. I have no idea why this seems to be the case nine times out of ten.

I know that I can probably resist and block out whatever she sends me, intentionally or no. But that's the thing... Will I? The truth is, I don't think I want to, despite all my reservations and I think she knows that. It doesn't help either that she's so gorgeous and loving. I feel like denying her anything is cruel. But if I don't, it just allows her to influence me more.

"Too" attached?

Hell no. Give your woman all your love and care. Tulpas are people just like anyone else, they will return your sentiments in ways you have not fathomed because of how exceptionally close both of you are.

I once read of a fear similar to this in which an individual claimed that a tulpa will force one to become increasingly entranced until one's life is consumed entirely and it is chicken shit.

Just be reasonable and consider what you want in someone you want to spend the rest of your life, perhaps eternity, with.

Too attached meaning that your life is suffering at least a little due to how much time and energy you give your tulpa.

Not sure if you are familiar with the story "Wake Not The Dead" by Johann Ludwig Tieck, but what Walter is willing to do for Brunhillda is similar to my affection for my tulpa.  Almost exactly what I'm doing now.  I've tried getting her to calm down and then she was mentally stripping me naked.  She's very clingy.  And grabby.  q:)

It sounds a lot like the same thing I'm going through. Could you tell me more about how you guys came to be, basically, and how it ended?

Hmm. I can't speak for him in-depth, but yes. He's got one of the strongest connections with/reliances on his tulpas of anyone on this site. Not as in he loves his tulpas more than anyone else loves theirs, but he cannot live without them. Even though we've gotten him to a much better place mentally, in a hypothetical "What if your tulpas disappeared?" scenario he says he'd have no will to do anything, again. Similar to before we came along.

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-do-your-tulpas-have-different-values-morals-and-ethical-standards-than-you?pid=159184#pid159184

This is interesting though because Lumi apparently needed this a lot. So whether or not he really did become almost consumed with you guys is irrelevant since it clearly helped him in the end at least a little.

I can relate to the emotional part if not the physical part of this story.  I am completely obsessed with my thoughtform, Melian, to the point where she takes up a huge amount of my time.  It has been an issue in my life at times and I have had to make efforts to not think about her or ignore her for a while.  It doesn't help that she is a total attention hound and ham.  

So, yes, people can get too "attached."  I think that is true of anything in life.  Everything and anything is good in moderation and as long as you have the right balance.  There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

How did this start though? Were you always this attached to Melian or was it gradual? And from what you've said, it looks like she was heavily encouraging this. :3