Tulpa Phenomenon Overview Guide v1

Interesting - I originally opened those links (docx and txt) in Incognito (where I'm not logged into the forum) and they didn't work. But clicking them directly here on the forum it offers a direct download. I was thinking maybe Vos had them cached but I've never clicked this thread before, so it might just be related to forum permissions/how you access them.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The links still don't work when opened in Incognito -- ah, they actually don't work even when clicked directly, if you're not logged in.

That's an extremely common requirement on forums, but by no means is it necessary, if that's something you're willing to change. I don't know if bots ever download files or something.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

10 hours ago, Tewi said:

That's an extremely common requirement on forums, but by no means is it necessary, if that's something you're willing to change.

I don't see why not. Guests should be able to download attachments now.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Apollo Fire
      Tulpas: Creation, Sentience, and Vocality

This guide was written to cover the beginning stages of tulpamancy from creation to vocalization in a way that's useful and comprehensible to someone new to the concept, detailing general guidelines, tips, explanations, and other practical information to help someone beginning their tulpa journey.

Google Docs light version: link
      Google Docs dark version: link

File Dropper download link [Broken]
      MediaFire download link [Broken]

PDF copy: Tulpas Creation, Sentience, and Vocality (Guide).pdf
    • By Kiahdaj
      English Version:
      http://goo.gl/HEfER

French Version:
      http://goo.gl/lZO4jD

Italian Version:
      http://goo.gl/GCZmOX

Russian Version:
      http://goo.gl/wdF4ad

Printer-Friendly Version:
      http://goo.gl/rKAVOR

.epub (for eReaders)
      http://goo.gl/MTQn4N

.mobi (also for eReaders)
      http://goo.gl/3Ma5Gt

English Changelog:

July 12th, 2013:

Revised some paragraphs Added "Why Not to Create a tulpa" Added "Emotional Responses" Added "Head Pressure" Added "Creating a Tulpa of an Existing Character, or person" Added "Switching" Added "Forcing Should not be a chore" September 21st, 2013:
      Corrected grammar errors Revised some sections Added "Your Tulpa Should be a Tulpa First, and a Form Second" August 7th, 2016:
      Corrected errors and added slight clarifications throughout August 9th, 2017:
      Pointed link for Oguigi's & Koomer's possession guide to Wayback archive. November 15th, 2020:
      Made it look less disgusting Also removed the table of contents at the top, because apparently Google docs has that built-in now.  

French Changelog:

July 27th, 2013:

Added July 29th, 2013:
      Added permanent link September 8th, 2013:
      Updated (see notes in "French Version:") Changed link November 20th, 2013
      Updated  

Italian Changelog:

August 12th, 2013:

Added August 18th, 2013:
      Changed Link September 12th, 2013:
      Updated  

Russian Changelog:

December 19th, 2013

Added  

French Version:
      dragonclaw has kindly taken much time to translate this entire guide into French. Currently, this version contains all sections that can be found in the original English version, but lacks the revisions done to other sections in the past.

Italian Version:
      This version, translated by the user "dreamy" (you'll always be noobdreamer to me) should currently be up-to-date, besides the most recent English update.

Russian Version:
      This version of the guide was recently translated by the user Leopold, of his own accord. Much thanks to him for the hard work.

For all the non-English versions of the guide, note the date of creation in comparison to the latest update of the English version. I will not tell you every time one of the versions is not completely up to date. You can figure that out yourself. If it was not up-to-date when it was posted, I will let you know as I did the French version.

For those of you who want to translate this guide:
      Don't.
      At least not yet. I should have made serious note of this earlier, but I intend to do some major revisions to this guide, such that any translation done now would be severely outdated by the time I'm finished.
      On top of that, there is also a possibility that this guide may be taken down altogether.

As always, let me know what you think, and if there are any sections you'd like to see added.

It's worth noting that I still plan to reword/revise some of the paragraphs. I feel like I didn't get my point across as eloquently as possible. But until then, make do with my rough-draft wording.
    • By madrezaan
      For those who understands Russian, there's a guide describing so called "gymnasium student" method of tulpa creation.

Working link: here

The main idea is to treat tulpa as your own student in gymnasium. Then to organize all stuff, she got to learn/practice, in 3 levels: grade, disciplines for each grade and topics for each discipline. The whole tulpa's training process is considering as a "game of school", with tests, exams and score system. It is necessary for the tulpa to pass a test in every topic, and to pass exam in every discipline to make a progress. Introduced score system takes a role of feedback, which allows you to put extra flexibility to estimated hours per each topic and discipline.

Also, an attempt to completely rid off "slaveholder" terminology of "forcing", "host" etc. Instead of that, all process is describing in positive terms of "learning", "teacher" and so on.

Full English translation is possibly to come in future.
    • By Sungazer
      (I'm new to this forum so I apologize for anything I'm doing wrong)

When I was around 7 I created myself an imaginary friend out of spite for my mother (NOTE: my mother is a good person and I know spite is a horrible reason to create a tulpa, but I was a kid and barely knew anything). But instead of making a regular imaginary friend, I took my inner voice of common sense and decided to make that my imaginary friend. I gave her a small personality, called her Sarah, and imagined that she lived inside a Pekingese figurine by my bedstand. For the next week or so I would carry that figurine around, and instead of listening to my mother I would ask the statue, "What should I do, Sarah?" I'll then imagine Sarah telling me what the most common-sense-ish (for lack of a better word) thing to do was. After a while I stopped carrying the statue, but Sarah would continue to talk to me.

Once I reached puberty, I still had Sarah, and like many other imaginary friends who exist for that long, she began to develop some kind of sentience. Instead of only saying what I wanted to hear, she would openly challenge what I was doing if it wasn't the wisest decision. She would instigate conversation independently, comment on others, etc. She even changed her name to Anielka. When I finally learned what tulpas were years later, I realized she fit the definition for a tulpa and/or shard. (I learned that a shard is a sentient consciousness made from your own personality, like how Anielka was made out of my common sense, but I may be wrong).

Onto the question: Despite the fact that she still has a bit of difficulty speaking in certain areas, when it comes to helping me make a good decision she is incredibly vocal. But sometimes, if I myself think of something common-sense-ish or wise, it'll start off with my mindvoice and my words, but by the end it's entirely Anielka's. Similarly, sometimes when she thinks of something off-topic, it'll start off in her voice and end in mine. I won't be able to tell if I said it, or Anielka (she doesn't know either). I heard of the term "blending" in a couple plurality communities and I think that is the best description of what's happening. But unlike when others describe blending, it's often triggered by an event, but mine happen randomly and quite frequently. It's not frightening in any way, just a little unnerving that most of my own thoughts on the matter somehow turn into hers.

Is this something I should worry about? Or is it just the nature of a shard, which was formed out of me instead of by me, to do this? Am I mistaking my own thoughts for a tulpa?

A bit of information if it helps answer the question:
      - I've been diagnosed with Body Dysmorphic Disorder and have a pending diagnosis on ADHD. BDD has intrusive, terrifying thoughts that cause me to worry about how I look obsessively (even if I look normal), and ADHD makes it hard for me to focus for long periods of time. Anielka has been amazing at helping with both. Reminding me nobody judges me for what I look like, helping me to stay on task and celebrating with me when I get something done.
      - Anielka is my only tulpa, though I tried making more.
      - I don't have problems with identity or forget who I am. 
      - I have a strong imagination and there have been times in the past I confused fantasy for reality. It rarely happens anymore, though.
      - I currently have good relations with my mother.
      - I never visualize Anielka. Even after I stopped carrying the dog figurine around, I still believed that was where her "soul" is, and to this day it feels unnatural and mildly distressing for her to imagine her outside of that statue.

Thanks!
    • By Jamie
      What do you think the ideal experience with tulpamancy is? As in, what all do you hope the tulpamancer gets from the experience? How do you hope their life changes? 

I would say:

In general, internal life becomes more meaningful. Lonely hosts get a little less lonely, and the host/tulpa relationship is always evolving and deepening. 
      Mental control is improved: hosts learn to discern their thoughts from their tulpa's and from intrusives, and they learn to quickly and easily dissmiss intrusives, and replace intrusive ideas with more purposeful/mindful ones. 
      Tulpamancy sparks a great introspective time of self-discovery for the host. Switching fronters is a path by which the host sees how much of their behaviors is linked to their beliefs/personality. The tulpa also has access to memories and beliefs that the host may have never shared externally, so conversations may happen on topics that no one has ever had the host think about, before.
      Boredom is a different, easily-defeatable beast. Empty moments waiting in line are filled with lively converstion and company. This is a signifigant improvement in daily life to many. 
      Visualization improves greatly, leading to more enjoyment of reading, and an easier time with a variety of tasks, and again, a more fulfilling internal life. 
      The system flourishes with few heartaches. Number of members stabilizes and everyone is happy with the amount of attention they recieve. 
      Doubts about the reality of a plural experience become fleeting or a thing of the past. The system trusts in the reality of their experiences, even if they aren't easily explainable. 
      Tulpamancy is a life-long commitment: the system will endure and age together. 
      The system forms a unique point-of-view about how some tulpa-related thing works, and comes and shares their opinions and theories with the community ;p

Happier, healthier, with a more meaningful life. -J