NED's leash imposition guide

NED

Question

I whined that we needed an imposition guide so I decided to experiment with my own methods in order to make one for you guys. I did not have to experiment for long as my first method was very successful.

Basically this leash method is similar to FAQman's method of imagining your Tulpa behind you and eventually mastering that and over time you become good enough to imagine it in your central vision and then it becomes real.

This method is just like that. But wait! There's more!

A leash; basically imagine a leash/chain/rope/any other form of physical attachment or linkage and tie one end to yourself (waist or wrist reccommended) and the other end to your Tulpa.

Now because you are now attached to eachother, you cannot escape eachother as easy. When you walk around you are able to feel the 'tug' of the leash as you pull your Tulpa around. This is very helpful.

This method is also great because I noticed that whenever i 'forgot' my Tulpa and she was drifting away from my mind, she is able to tug on the rope, catching my attention and making me remember her again.

Because she is able to simply tug a rope and remind me that she was behind her or wanted attention; this has greatly benefitted my progress. I can now imagine her nearly all the time and I have seen her in the corner of my eyes 3 times. All in a space of nearly a week.

Protips:

-Draw a chainlink or some other symbol on your hand to keep reminding yourself of the chain, this seems to give bursts of clarity in visualising her behind me

-Don't forget to pull the chain yourself if you feel they are drifting away or you are losing them.

Warnings and reccomendations:

-This leash is kind of oppressive to some or maybe offensive so make sure you Tulpa is okay with it

-Make sure you and your Tulpa have the ability to remove the leash. You do not want to develop an unfree Tulpa

-Make sure to take breaks from this method as the Tulpa will most likely want some alone time from this.

-Make sure your Tulpa is sentient enough to change the length of the rope at will so they are a little more free.

Disclaimers:

I did this method well into sentience (she can speak and move perfectly) and got fantastic results as my Tulpa can now gain my attention in the real world at any moment she wants, all she needs to do is make a small bit of pressure around my wrist simulating the tug of a rope, (she even claims its simple and makes her life alot easier, she says without it, it was very frustrating) I do not know what will happen or if it would work if you did this at an earlier stage.

Name - Silver

Form - Harpy

Sentience - fully sentient

Personality - Playful, cheerful, enthusiastic, chilled

Smell - Baileys

Stage - Narration and imposition

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

This sounds very interesting NED, I think I'll try this!

Name: Philip

Form: Male teenage human, light brown hair, green eyes, jeans & hoodie

Name: Amalia

Form: Female teenage fairy, black hair, blue eyes, white dress

I really like the sound of this idea, I'm nowhere near imposition but when I'm ready to start it, I'll definitely try this! I'm the sort of absent-minded person who will keep on forgetting about their Tulpa if I don't have a reminder...

For more about myself and news updates on my Tulpa's progress, see JoJo's Bizarre Experiment

Lately if I go somewhere and forget my tulpae, I quickly get the same sort of feeling that I get if I'd had a bag and realize that I no longer have it with me. Dunno whether this is anything they're doing or simply me getting accustomed to having them follow me around.

One thing that may have led to this is when I would forget them for a while, I'd feel guilty when I remembered and then apologize to them. This has in a way added knowing where they are (be it with me or in the wonderland) to my sense of being "complete" -- in the same way that a backpack becomes "part of you" after a few dozen instances of swearing and having to go back and retrieve it.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

That doesn't happen to me but I'm only in the early stages of imposition. how bout you?

Name - Silver

Form - Harpy

Smell - Baileys

>putting your tulpa on a leash

Not sure if bad idea or just needlessly humiliating.

Here's a thought, make it so they can't move more than 10 feet away from you or something. If they try to walk away they encounter a glass wall that follows you as you move about. I used this trick when I was imposing Saria and it worked pretty decently.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

>putting your tulpa on a leash

Not sure if bad idea or just needlessly humiliating.

As said in the original post. You need to ask your Tulpa if they are okay with the idea before doing it. I can understand if a tupper would feel offended or humiliated from it.

Thats why my leash is mostly invisible. It makes it seem less oppressive.

Name - Silver

Form - Harpy

Smell - Baileys

That doesn't happen to me but I'm only in the early stages of imposition. how bout you?

I've only actually seen Lyra a couple times. Mostly I have one or more of them follow me around everywhere though. I suspect part of why I'm not seeing more is I haven't been so good about the sit-and-stare part.

I think if I did this idea, I'd make it something more like those coiled plastic wrist straps some people use with kids. At least it gets rid of some of the connotation of it being a leash.

It really all comes down to the tupper being withheld by a short distance accompanied by an occasional associated reminding feeling. It can be NED's leash or Glitch's glass wall. One can become creative and make it some sort of light beam transfering energy between the bodies, then convincing yourself that you need to be as close to your tupper and transfer as much energy as possible as to not become excessively tired. Or maybe a floating gun pointing against your head and if you move too far away, it'll blow your brains out (imaginarily).

As soon as I read the first few lines I got a mind image from Shin of me with a neon blue laser like cord coming from my wrist. But I don't think my Tulpae can really emulate pressure on my body parts yet, though they can cure head aches. I will try this.

My opinions are all subject to change.

I just set up Fede's more generalized "beam" idea -- in our case, a glowing green string of energy between me and Anera (who happens to be the follow-me tulpa of the day). Both ends connect around the solar plexus. As soon as I connected it I felt her more strongly, as if the cord was allowing better transfer of emotions.

I asked her to tug on it, which resulted in a somewhat stronger but similar feeling. This is probably something we'll need to work on to make it more noticeable when I'm not paying attention to her.