Is it Possible...?

Is it possible to make tulpas vocal by just mental (I call it telepathic) conversations? Due to an unfortunate lack of privacy, the only time I can speak with my tulpas is once every month or so, if I'm lucky, since it depends on whether or not brother sleeps in here (forced to share a room with him). The only way I can talk with my tulpas then is thinking to them, and conversing via our kind of telepathy.

Current: Rainbow Dash & Ruby the Dolphin

LINK to the story of my Wonderland.

The story is the product of 16 years of stress, tension, etc, and is uncensored, read at your own risk.

Yes, you can create a tulpa with no problems without speaking to them out loud, even once. Some tulpas say that they can hear more clearly when you speak out loud, but in the end, I don't believe it matters that much.

I think that speaking to them out loud when you can is good, but you do not need to, no.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Yes! Me and Sarah communicate almost exclusively by mindvoice without me speaking out loud! It's not a problem at all.

Host: Sakura

Tulpa: Sarah (began June 5th, 2014), Alyx (Began July 23rd, 2014)

Our shared tumblr

note: usually browsing on mobile, so cannot quote properly

Guest Anonymous

Why would someone want to talk to their tulpas aloud?

Anyway I don't think it will matter and commander I don't think you can call it telepathy.

Why not? Telepathy is mental communication between two or more individuals (Wikipedia defines it as "the purported transmission of information from one person to another without using any of our known sensory channels or physical interaction.")

Sounds pretty much like telepathy to me.

I do agree with you that it doesn't matter whether or not you communicate verbally or not with your tulpa. At least, it doesn't to me or my tuppers. I prefer mental communication as there's less chance of other people hearing me talk and wondering who I'm speaking to. On the other hand, some prefer spoken dialogue to mental. See question 10 on any of the surveys in this thread.

Guest Anonymous

Yes I get what you are saying but a psychological tulpa shares the same mind and same senses as us... so as much we try we cannot think of it as a different person. The process while mentally speaking to it is like speaking to ourself so I don't think it as telepathy maybe similar to it but not the same thing... but we all have our own different views and experiences in these type of things.

Tulpas share a brain with us, but they do not share a mind. It is the communication between minds that he is referring to as telepathy.

That said, I don't like it being called telepathy, either--even if it may not be inherently incorrect.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

I just refer to it as speaking or conversing via mindvoice. I always considered telepathy to refer to mental communication between those in two separate physical bodies.

Host: Sakura

Tulpa: Sarah (began June 5th, 2014), Alyx (Began July 23rd, 2014)

Our shared tumblr

note: usually browsing on mobile, so cannot quote properly

Guest Anonymous

Oh...I guess I mixed mind and brain up(in my last post not in reality). Anyway, thats what I was saying...calling talking to tulpas in your mind 'telepathy' seems like using a phone to talk to person sitting next to you.