Tulpa imposition guide

endoalir

Question

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Approved, Guides.

The kind of imposition described in this guide is somewhat different from the one described in most other imposition guides (JD1215's, FAQ_Man's, Fede's, ...).

endoalir's method involves learning to get immersed in one's imagination to the point of ignoring real senses completely, then recreating the real senses into a wonderland where the tulpa is imposed, while keeping those senses and that wonderland in sync.

Someone could learn both methods independently, although they should keep in mind that the original imposition methods were more about mixing imagination and real senses, rather than recreating real senses through/in imagination while being fully immersed in your imagination.

The author himself had some various issues with using this method (mostly along the lines of desync's with the real senses), thus as far as I remember, he didn't recommend this as a complete replacement of traditional imposition methods.

Also, it's worth noting that for most people, this "daydream state" where one is fully immersed in their imagination isn't always trivial to archive - especially the "fully ignoring" senses bit, however practice should improve such skills.

> All the while, as you are entering and exiting this daydream state, you are actually manufacturing artificial memories.

A few people may find this interpretation questionable, but I'm not sure if there's much of a difference from truly instantly perceiving something and having a memory of it and "manufacturing" (by imagining) memories - I suppose one could say some memories are generated in your imagination, while some memories are "factual" and come from your real senses - and in this example, you get clear memories of spending time with your tulpa while they feel real to you, which are subjectively true memories, but objectively (relative to external people) false.

Reading this, I'm not sure that the writer really knows what a hallucination is. Like Sands quoted, he says

being in a daydream state means you are continuously hallucinating

And I'll quote this too:

while you are in the daydream state, you can visualize anything you want, and that visualization is also a hallucination by definition.

Both of these seem to give the impression that hallucination is just visualisation when you're ignoring your real senses. That is wrong. Hallucination is perceiving non-real things as real on top of your real senses.

What's odd about this is that he gives a correct definition of hallucination as well:

Hallucinations are sensations that exist in your mind which get mixed up with real ones. An image or a sound gets created in your mind, and then you perceive that image or sound the same way that you would as if there was something outside of your mind which would be the source of that sensation.

But I think the source of the conflict is here:

These sensations can get mixed up with real ones in any normal person, and being in a daydream state entails them even taking the place of the real ones entirely.

He seems to confuse 'perceiving senses as real' with 'senses replacing real senses'. Of course, hallucination is the first and daydreaming is the second; if you hallucinate an image you perceive it as if it were real in front of you, but if you daydream about it you visualise it while ignoring your real senses.

I'll back this up additionally, with this

All the while, as you are entering and exiting this daydream state, you are actually manufacturing artificial memories. Depending on how well you do it, you might feel like you can't perceive anything at all of your hallucination in a particular moment, but then you may remember your visualization clear as day from only seconds before. The better you do it, the closer in time and the more realistic your artificial memories become, until you get to a point where you can turn and look at your hallucinated tulpa, then when you look away you instantly remember having seen it there, clear as day.

From my experiences and the experiences of others, this effect happens with normal visualisation that is not hallucination. I'd guess that it's to do with how you remember imaginary things; that is, you remember imaginary sensations as 'real', although you know semantically that they weren't. So the fact that his method has taken him from not doing this to doing this seems to indicate to me that he's actually gone from not visualising open-eye to visualising open-eye.

While I'm making an inference here, I think it's reasonably supported. Frankly, the fact that this is a method not seen elsewhere makes me less willing to approve it, since it just makes it less likely that someone else has done it and got actual hallucinations.

I think it's plain wrong and confusing to say that daydreaming is hallucinating, and I might be minded to disapprove just for that being scattered throughout the guide. But I'm not at all confident, given my above reasoning, that this is even an imposition guide at all. So unless someone can convince me otherwise, I'm going to disapprove and recommend that everyone else evaluate my arguments and revisit their votes with them in mind.

I realise there's an alternate explanation for the weird stuff above, and that's that he really did hallucinate every time he daydreamed. But since that's not normal, and he neither states that prerequisite nor explains how to get there, it still makes for a useless guide, so still disapproved.

I guess you can take mine as a disapproval, after we did a lot of talking about this guide, I think we came to the conclusion that it doesn't really explain how to get to this daydreaming state properly enough. It talks of normal daydreaming, but that's far from hallucinations and otherwise for many of us normal people, it's not as good as the author suggests it is. After a little bit of digging, the author apparently didn't start with such super daydreaming skills and actually practiced, so they could definitely write how they did it in the guide to make it truly helpful. Right now it seems like it assumes we have a skill we don't have and goes from there.

Pity, because I think this guide has potential and some people seem to know what he's talking about, so seems like a valid way of at least helping your imposition, if nothing else. But I think it's missing one of the key steps. Still could be very helpful for those who do know how to get into this special daydreaming state already.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Yeah, plausible points there, Sands.

4 Approve for Guides

2 Disapprove

And seeing how the other two members (excluding Averian) didn't make a confirmation before the end of the deadline, this will be unstickied. Of course, if OP ever shows up, we can always review it again if the suggestions stated could be implemented in some way.