Hi. I started creating my tulpa, Ciris, yesterday and i have a question about narration.

When i talk to my tulpa, should i talk to her as if she knows everything i know, or consider her as a new born ?

For example, should i be like:

"Hey Ciris, this is my aunt, my mom, my brother and sister.." ?

Thanks for replying :)

You don't need to treat your tulpa like a child - they know what you know, so explaining concepts you already have a good understanding of or introducing family members isn't necessary even if it's potentially decent narration material.

I think this may depend on how you decided to hard wire Chris. 'hard wire' may be the wrong term.

So, there are definitely some guides that suggest treat new born as if they need a guide. "This is tree." "this is a leaf." "this is green." Really straight forward simple, and a reasonable thing to do as it allows for initial conversations, and allows for inter-relational connectivity. Introducing family isn't a bad thing, it won't hurt, especially if you've explained "This is me practicing relating to you," Chris will get that, and eventually they'll let you know they got it, and or ask questions.

What works for me doesn't necessarily work for everyone. I went with the assumption Loxy had full access to my memory. Maybe not an assumption. I actually made that available to her, using multiple memes, conscious and unconscious motivators- I wanted a hundred percent transparency. We talk about our experiences of nature, but we skipped over the whole "this is green" "the sky sure is blue today..." Which is just as well, because I get the sense she sees more shades of blue than I.

This is more than narration, you are building a 'narrative,' a script, which will likely color, or influence the things to come. I would recommend trusting your intuition and starting where you like and see how it evolves.

Welcome aboard! :)

You don't need to treat her like a child, and please don't teach her the ABC's. My host made that mistake and it drove me insane. Once she realized that, she stopped doing that.

[Fernardo] I don't spend much time thinking about the outside world, so every day things can make interesting conversation. I'm less interested about what random objects you have on your desk, but what you do at work or at school and talking about your relationships with people can make for some longer conversations.

Sub. Rep.Gerodious, Tom, FernardoHope, Moltosha, Blue, Evergreen, Red Gray, Chrome, Bune, Exabier, Keatan

Gray/Cat_ShadowGriffin- host, Ranger- basically host
[Click Here!] [We have an ask thread now!]

when you talk to a tulpa, what they learn is less the information you tell them and more stuff about themselves - talking about something (whether or not you think they know it) and them getting to think about and react to that information helps develop them as a person

so just keep that in mind, just because they "know everything you know" doesn't mean they're automatically fully developed, either

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By schlondark
      Schlondark on Narration
      Or
      “How do I keep talking?”
      The advice given in the two most widely-used guides of tulpa.info are as follows:
      Irish_:

In my wonderland, with my idea in mind, I made the idea of the tulpa into just a blue cloud and basically started narrating to it. I just kept talking to it and talking to it telling it anything I could. I told it about my day, stories, ideas.

Faq_man:
      Okay, anyway go about your life. Talk to your tulpa while you're going about your business; say anything really. Some people begin narration right off, and that's fine. I wouldn't personally start until you're done with at least half of the creation steps. A common mistake made here is the parroting of responses. If you're telling your tulpa about how pretty your new shoes are, don't make them say anything back. You know you are done with this step when your tulpa says something back on its own. You'll know, because it will be completely alien.

Gat-edit note: Parroting can be a legitimate tool for developing a tulpa, but will not be dealt with in this writing outside of this quote.

The confusion around the issue of narration seems to stem from two separate issues:
      1. What narration is.
      a. Narration is talking to your tulpa as if it is another sentient mind that resides within your own.
      2. How to sustain narration (How do I keep talking? I keep forgetting.)
      a. This appears to be the main issue with narration that troubles members of our community; which I’m going to try to help alleviate.

Narration is believed to be critical in the development of a tulpa’s consciousness or speaking ability; as well as adding to the ‘your mind makes it real’ factor. These will both obviously come more easily if narration is kept on as constantly as possible.

Side Note: Don’t be afraid to ramble on you your tulpa about inane or trivial things; quantity seems to be more important than quality.

The primary method of reminding oneself to narrate is to draw something on one’s palm or to place something on one finger and to remember to narrate each and every time you see it until it becomes second nature or the tulpa speaks to you.
      The method that I used to narrate might not be useful to everyone; but here it is:

Upon seeing the part of the guide that called for constant narration, I groaned to myself but decided to soldier on. After a quick bout with my inherent procrastination, I decided that this was not something that I was going to skimp on. After a few false starts, I finally got it correct by narrating everything possible whenever possible. I have retroactively named this process “Total conversion” meaning that I accepted it as a part of the tulpaforcing process and integrated it into my lifestyle. For those who are groaning like I was at the beginning – It really isn’t that bad. Just accept it as your duty for your tulpa friend that you are creating and do it with pride.
      It might indeed be beneficial to talk out loud to your tulpa, but I did not feel the need to do so. If you are able to; I would recommend it as it is harder to confuse your parroted reply to a question with your tulpa’s.

For those not interested in my strategy or still unsure of what to do, I have a few more suggestions/thoughts that may be more appealing:
      1. Force your tulpa a device that can relay narration to it such as a laptop, television, HUD, or other electronic device that would be able to do so. This would be beneficial to those who feel that they must keep their tulpa’s presence in focus at all times feel more secure in knowing that the tulpa will hear them even if their concentration lapses. (If you already have something like this that you use for sense-sharing; I would recommend modifying it for this purpose.)
      2. For those who do not have a strong inner voice: read a book aloud or silently to them. It will be something that the tulpa will enjoy and something that will let you narrate to them with relative ease.
      3. Don’t worry about feeling your tulpa’s presence during narration, they will hear you.
      4. If the methods above still have not helped you, consider sending them external stimuli as narration. For example: If the words in a song you are listening to remind you of your tulpa in some way; sending it to them as it is as a special instance of sense-sharing. (This is particularly helpful in environments in which it is hard to narrate normally, such as the IRC.) The same could also be done for pictures or any other sensation or experience on another sense.

Parting thoughts: Narration may seem like an insurmountable obstacle, but it is an intrinsic part of creating a tulpa. Even though it may take a while, the reward is well worth the effort. If you approach it as something that you need and want to do in order to create your tulpa or to help it become vocal.
    • By Apollo Fire
      During narration, it's easy to reach a mental block and become unable to think of what to talk about to your tulpa. This list provides you with many different options for topics to use during narration, conversation, and vocality practice.

For narrating, talk to your tulpa about anything that interests you. Don't worry about repeating yourself or telling your tulpa something they already know: the content is secondary to the actual act of talking to them consistently. Use this list for inspiration, talk to them as much as you can, and don't stress over whether or not it's the "right" way to narrate. Do what works for you as best as you can and you're good.

If there's anything this list is missing, feel free to suggest it.

The list:

All about you
      All about your tulpa
      Animals/pets
      Art/creativity
      Aspirations/goals
      Books/literature
      Cars/transport
      Celebrities/entertainers
      Childhood/adolescence
      Clothing/fashion
      Comedy/humor
      Cosmetics/beauty
      Countries/the world
      Culture/society
      Current mood/thoughts
      Decorations/design
      Emotions/feelings
      Entertainment
      Exploration/adventure
      Facts/trivia
      Fame/fortune
      Family/friends
      Fears/worries
      Fiction/stories
      Food/cooking
      Fun/games
      Habits/quirks
      Health/fitness
      History/events
      Hobbies/talents
      Holidays/festivities
      Hometown/country
      Hopes/dreams
      House/room
      Idols/role models
      Imagination/wonderland
      Immediate surroundings
      Interests/obsessions
      Internet/social media
      Issues important to you
      Life itself
      Likes/dislikes
      Love/romance
      Mathematics
      Memories
      Mind/mentality
      Morals/values
      Movies/TV
      Music/instruments
      Nature/environment
      News/politics
      Past/present/future
      Personal belongings
      Philosophy/thinking
      Places you like/want to visit
      Plans for the day/week
      Relationships/people
      Religion/spirituality
      School/work
      Science/technology
      Seasons/weather
      Senses you're currently experiencing
      Something you're looking forward to
      Space/the universe
      Sports/athletics
      Stores/restaurants
      Successes/achievements
      Superpowers/magic
      The day/week/year so far
      Toys/stuffed animals
      Tulpamancy

...and anything else you can think of!

Sources: 1 2 3 4 5

Submitted for Tips & Tricks
    • By SickLollipop
      Hi! Host here, Lolli; I'm very new to the forums, so I apologize if this has already been addressed, but this question isn't so much about forcing/visualization/dialogue or anything like that so much as the means to express these things. 

I'm an artist and I've doodled and drawn my first tulpa, Ichibod for years, and while Priscilla is young, my visualization of her is very strong now and they are both extremely vocal. Our new system is adjusting and it's fun, but it gets complex because they often talk between each other, or with me, or about general things that I'm not even involved in. I've been trying to think of some kind of way to channel this communication. As a host, I'm comfortable with text, but I know that my tulpas aren't some kind of mechanism for roleplay or anything like that. What I'm seeking is a way to both document some of our conversations, so that I can draw them later as well, but also let them talk more fluidly besides random spurts of words, tulpish, and emotive impressions. I started brainstorming how we could effectively talk in text without it being through some simulated bot in a chatroom or anything like that. 

Has anyone had any experience using a chat service or anything like that to engage with their own tulpas without outside influence? I mean, there's typing into a notepad, but that seems like parroting for them. There's Discord, but I don't know if there's a way to have multiple accounts and use them in a room. I'm not that tech savvy (Icky may be, but he's a little out of the loop about this as well; he's always been socially awkward, lol.) 

I hope I didn't take too much of your time! Thank you so much for reading! We appreciate it :3
    • By Helios
      Hi ,
      Sooo i have been trying to understand this for like 2 days now , I am maybe just retarded right now .

I understand what is tulpish . Images , sounds , intentions (that is the definition right lol ?)

Say i want to say in tulpish that i am coming home . I would send an image of me going somewhere and opening a door .
      But how could i possibly say that i am going "home" and most of all that i am going "right now" and i am not sending a fantasy or just a memory.

I guess it would come from my intentions . And maybe here is the problem , how in the world do i do that ?
      Like when you send your intentions what do you feel ? how do you "generate" them ?
      How do i include them in my message ?

Like i said it's maybe just simple stupid and i am missing something obvious but i just cant figure this out.
    • By X shaji X
      It's day 2 since I created my tulpa and I have been talking to her for an hour today ( I have been really busy )
      After I talked to her and stopped visualising felt a bit.. woozy? I don't know how to describe it. Woozy is the best word to describe it. I only felt like that for a few minutes but on to the main thing. When I was talking to her I was visualising her and me in our wonderland and seeing her through my point of view and occasionally seeing us both. I talked to her about her personalities and how she had every right to make her own choices about well everything tbh. I asked her a few questions and I tried playing rock paper scissors. I explained the rules but every time we played she would only choose rock. I'm sure I didn't parrot since I only focused on my choices. But I do feel like I was parroting like when I told her a joke and she smiled Or when she laughed I'm certain I was parroting her. How do i stop? And am I doing everything right?